Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Rescuing a Dog
Bear 10:22 AM 12-18-2008
I'm just picturing your little dog terrorizing the bigger dog! As I remember him, the little guy you have now barks at leaves on trees when there is a breeze. With any luck the new dog will teach him a thing or two as well!
[Reply]
hotreds 11:17 AM 12-18-2008
Good of you to adopt! Kudos!
[Reply]
str8edg 11:34 AM 12-18-2008
Good on ya brother. He looks beautiful, and the eyes... love the blue.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing a dog find a good home....

<fingers crossed>
[Reply]
RHNewfie 11:58 AM 12-18-2008
We have been hoping that they will call all day but nothing yet! Thanks for all the positive replies folks!!
[Reply]
RBOrrell 03:37 PM 12-18-2008
He looks great Jeff. We adopted a puppy that was rescued from New Orleans - Katrina victim - almost 3 years ago. Her foster home was not far from you (I'm from that area of the world). I'm sure this will work out for you but I can pass you information of the group we used if you need it.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 04:11 PM 12-18-2008
I hope everything works out! :-)
[Reply]
DMK 06:58 PM 12-18-2008
Over the years we have rescued 4 dogs and they have been a great addition to the family each time.
Good luck with your dog, I hope you get it and it gets along well.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:13 PM 12-18-2008
Our current dog we rescued from the SPCA and is a great dog, wouldnt trade him for the world. I honestly dont see why you would spend a grand on a dog when you can rescue one from your local shelter.
[Reply]
Langod 09:00 PM 12-18-2008
That's awesome. Rescuing dogs is so fulfilling.
We saved a year-old German Shepherd from the SPCA a few years ago. He had been treated badly -- he still cowers if someone picks up a stick -- but he is the most gentle dog I've ever had. He's still got some social issues -- hates other dogs (but loves people) -- but I think he really knows how much better his life is now.
[Reply]
jaymz 09:08 PM 12-18-2008
Hope all works out! Adopting rescue dogs is much better than encouraging puppy mills. Both my dogs are rescue and I wouldn't trade them in for anything :-)
[Reply]
schnell987 09:17 PM 12-18-2008
Beautiful thing you're doing there. I just melted when I saw the picture of that dog. I really hope this works out for you all.
[Reply]
Cenookie 09:49 PM 12-18-2008
Your good people to rescue a dog. I think that it's the most fulfilling thing in the world to give a dog a second chance. I hope everything works out in your favor. We have 2 Pomeranian's that we got from a rescue, the best dogs in the world IMO. Nothing like a good smoking buddy.:-)
[Reply]
STYX&STONED 05:55 AM 12-19-2008
Did you get the call yet?:-)
[Reply]
RHNewfie 06:47 AM 12-19-2008
No calls yet, maybe today. We do know for sure that they will call because the informed us at the same time they informed us that we had passed the written portion. Although I do know that the do not like to finalize adoptions over Christmas which is understandable.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 09:03 AM 12-19-2008
Hey, I got my hands on another couple of pics!!

[Reply]
GKitty 09:07 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by RHNewfie:
No calls yet, maybe today. We do know for sure that they will call because the informed us at the same time they informed us that we had passed the written portion. Although I do know that the do not like to finalize adoptions over Christmas which is understandable.
Well that seems silly to me. What better time to welcome new member of the family than when everyone has a few days off.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 09:08 AM 12-19-2008
It is just for next week, they don't want people to "impulse-adopt" an animal as a gift that has a high tendency to become unwanted again.
[Reply]
markem 09:10 AM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by RHNewfie:
It is just for next week, they don't want people to "impulse-adopt" an animal as a gift that has a high tendency to become unwanted again.
I can understand that, but placing into a family that already has a dog seems like a low risk to me. Hope they come through for you soon.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 09:11 AM 12-19-2008
I really hope so too... we really want this dog bad. Faith will be heart-broken I think if it doesn't work out.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 09:11 AM 12-19-2008
Best of luck brother... I hope it all works out for Ice to be with you folks.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up