Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 3412 > Last »
General Discussion>iPad 2 to be announced on 3/2
Blueface 11:53 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
When are you coming to Portland? I'm sure I could talk Mark into letting you into his humidor during your visit :-)
Been a while since being there.
Traveling being cut back dramatically due to expenses.
[Reply]
aich75013 01:55 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
If you have a jailbroken iPhone, you can tether your iPad already.... free of a monthly charge etc etc.

Echo tethers hers to her phone using MyWi
:-)
I didn't really care about jailbreaking my iPhone until I got an iPad (last week.)
I may do it tonight.
Any advice?
[Reply]
Blueface 02:03 PM 02-23-2011
I am so afraid to jail break mine.
Sounds so awful.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 04:30 PM 02-23-2011
LOL, no the jailbreak process nowadays is extremely easy. Go to www.greenpois0n.com and download the jailbreak. Follow the instructions and you're done! Well, mostly anyway. Run the loader and it will install Cydia. Cydia is where you can find all the fun third party stuff that really makes the iPhone shine. You'll spend days exploring all the cool apps in there.

If you need any help with specifics, shoot me a PM :-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 06:39 PM 02-23-2011
Sprint is trying to charge for Tethering. I don't think google liked that, so they released their own tethering app. Root your android phone and you can tether for free.

That being said... waiting just a little longer for any of the 30+ android tablets being released in the next few months.

I like apple, their products, etc. I just don't like paying the tax that goes with it. :-)
[Reply]
Beagleone 10:17 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Blueface:
BTW, 3/7 is still on.

Yes it is.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:33 AM 02-28-2011
Latest credible rumor is that not only will it be introduced on Wednesday but appears they may be immediately available the latter part of the week.
[Reply]
newcigarz 08:11 AM 02-28-2011
Latest credible rumor is that not only will it be introduced on Wednesday but appears they may be immediately available the latter part of the week.
Carlos , you need this for your iPad.

[Reply]
Blueface 08:34 AM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Carlos , you need this for your iPad.

:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 08:34 AM 02-28-2011
BTW,
Tony,
Did you hear the latest on the iPhone 5?
4" screen v. current 3.5".

Is it Wednesday yet?
[Reply]
newcigarz 10:26 AM 02-28-2011
BTW,
Tony,
Did you hear the latest on the iPhone 5?
4" screen v. current 3.5".

Is it Wednesday yet?
Yes I saw that.
[Reply]
omowasu 08:49 PM 02-28-2011
I have a Gen1 iPad and a Samsung Android tablet. Im really on the fence about getting the Gen2 iPAD though. I really like the iPad form factor, applications, etc. But I cant stand being tethered to iTunes. I HATE iTunes.

I guess if the predicted feature functionality is there, and it is that much better of a platform, Ill end up with a 2nd gen iPad, willing or not...
[Reply]
Blueface 07:52 AM 03-01-2011
Is it Wednesday the 2nd yet?
My culo is itching badly.
[Reply]
newcigarz 12:01 PM 03-01-2011
FYI from MacRumors:

Originally Posted by :
The source of today's report also indicates that the iPad being introduced tomorrow should be considered more of a spec bump of the existing model than a true revamp. A more ambitious revamp is reportedly scheduled for later this year.

The Apple staffer declined to give details about the iPad 2 or 3, but said:

"For the iPad 2 don't get your hopes up too high. That's all I'm going to say. They've had a number of problems along the way, and the third-generation iPad is the one to make a song and a dance about."

[Reply]
Blueface 12:19 PM 03-01-2011
Tony,
Just about everything I have read says the 3 for later this year will be 7" version or so, to fall in between an iPod/iPhone and the current iPad.
Would make sense given the flooding of the market with smaller size tablets.
I am wound up for the 2 regardless of what it is, even if it looks like my avatar.:-)

If the 3 turns out to be better, I will just have sold my second iPad on eBay come that time.:-)

BTW,
Is it Wednesday yet?
[Reply]
Blueface 12:21 PM 03-01-2011
I think this is a sure sign they will be available right away.
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...nch_looms.html

Thinking of getting two so I can sell one.
[Reply]
newcigarz 12:25 PM 03-01-2011
Tony,
Just about everything I have read says the 3 for later this year will be 7" version or so, to fall in between an iPod/iPhone and the current iPad.
Would make sense given the flooding of the market with smaller size tablets.
I am wound up for the 2 regardless of what it is, even if it looks like my avatar.:-)

If the 3 turns out to be better, I will just have sold my second iPad on eBay come that time.:-)

BTW,
Is it Wednesday yet?

I am itching to get one myself. It is the one piece of mac hardware I don't own yet. And even though I have told myself countless times that I don't want one, deep down I do.
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:34 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
I am itching to get one myself. It is the one piece of mac hardware I don't own yet. And even though I have told myself countless times that I don't want one, deep down I do.
Of course you do Tony -- you drank the coolaid just like everyone else :-)o
[Reply]
Blueface 12:39 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Of course you do Tony -- you drank the coolaid just like everyone else :-)o
I am heading to pick up my free refills.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:47 PM 03-01-2011
I guess I will have the 2 until September.:-)
http://www.cultofmac.com/apple-staff...ce-about/84275
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up