Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>C.A.O. America potomac
Katmancross 08:09 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Strange...I have yet to hear of anyone who REALLY likes these. Most of what I hear is either "they're OK" or negative.

Ferdie, thanks for all your reviews.
These sticks need extensive aging. A couple months is not enough. I let a couple marinate for about 4 months and they were dynamite. I've tried them on receipt and after a few weeks and I didn't like them.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:07 AM 01-12-2011
Philip, trust me, this one had more time than 4 months, at least 2 and a half years, and it still sucked.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 04:25 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by BTcigars:
The cigar that a lot of BOTL's save for a American holiday (e.g. 4th of July) is the Camacho Liberty, which is a much more enjoyable smoke.
:-) The Liberty actually took the foul taste of the CAO America out of my mouth and saved the 4th of July American stick theme for me.
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Philip, trust me, this one had more time than 4 months, at least 2 and a half years, and it still sucked.
:-)
[Reply]
swh127 07:41 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by BTcigars:
The cigar that a lot of BOTL's save for a American holiday (e.g. 4th of July) is the Camacho Liberty, which is a much more enjoyable smoke.
:-):-)

I have smoked a Camacho liberty on the 4th for the past few years. Definitely something to look forward to each year.
[Reply]
lyle23 08:46 AM 01-12-2011
I have enjoyed most of the CAO sticks that I have had. This was one of the few that I did not like. I didnt like this and the saprano. I thought the saprano was maybe a $5 stick at best. Way over priced but there your paying for the name. I was excited to try this one and it was a huge let down. Great review again!
[Reply]
Katmancross 08:47 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
That's so odd. This tells me that the manufacturing of the cigar is not consistent. Quality control is lax.
I believe you. They probably spend more time worrying about the pin stripe than the ingredients.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up