Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Apple iOS 11
Weelok 04:47 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by Beagleone:
Good call, need to check those settings again.

FB Messenger had a freak out on Friday night; it was just crashing all of the time whenever I tried to got on it to send out messages. Delete/reinstall didn't work the first three times, but I finally got it reinstalled the next day. Apple released the update last night.

So far I am liking iOS11, but I do need to upgrade my 6plus soon.
After checking my apps, I fond the weather app was always on location and NOT on “While using”. That appears to have been my major culprit.
[Reply]
av8tor152d 07:44 AM 09-26-2017
Not a fan of the wifi automatically turning on anytime they phone/ipad is plugged in. Need to research that and see if it can be turned off.

Anyone else experiencing this ?
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:31 AM 09-26-2017
Just found out that iOS 11 resets your mail service to “Fetch” automatically — I had mine set to manual, which improves battery life.

If you want to change this, they moved the setting from Mail, to Accounts & Passwords —> Fetch New Data.

On the same page, I turned Push off, also to conserve battery.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:32 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by av8tor152d:
Not a fan of the wifi automatically turning on anytime they phone/ipad is plugged in. Need to research that and see if it can be turned off.

Anyone else experiencing this ?
From what I’ve read, Airplane Mode is the only way to for e everything off (for now).
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:16 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Just found out that iOS 11 resets your mail service to “Fetch” automatically — I had mine set to manual, which improves battery life.

If you want to change this, they moved the setting from Mail, to Accounts & Passwords —> Fetch New Data.

:-) thanks Michael
[Reply]
av8tor152d 10:57 AM 09-26-2017
From what I’ve read, Airplane Mode is the only way to for e everything off (for now).
Correct but all my devices now will turn the wifi on automatically when I plug them into charge now.
[Reply]
Weelok 03:19 PM 09-26-2017

Nice find and thanks for telling me where to set that!!!!

Dave
[Reply]
Beagleone 08:26 AM 09-27-2017
And now we have iOS 11.0.1 update. Grrrr....
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up