Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Taboo Twist Torpedo
dubnick 08:08 PM 04-28-2009
I just ordered some more twists, as well as some special forces from Rob. Great coupon codes as usual.

I think I'm officially a Taboo HO!!!!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:36 PM 04-28-2009
Twist Torps and SFOs are always in my stash. The Twists keep getting better with age.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 05:51 AM 04-29-2009
The Taboo Twist is in my Top 5 NC--the torp & toro size are my favorite vitola, don't like the PC or robusto as much. I just wish I could find the 2 hours I need to smoke them! Very tasty & relaxing, hard to believe it's rolled with just tobacco (where's that ganja smiley when you need it...?!) :-)
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 08:39 AM 04-29-2009
Every Taboo I've ever had was great.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 01:14 PM 04-29-2009
I admit I like the twists as well. I thought they were a gimmick, but they are not. They are not a "go to" smoke for me, but I enjoy them as part of the rotation and would recommend that others try them. The awesome customer service that goes along with them makes them even better.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:16 PM 04-29-2009
I just ordered some of these...thanks guys!!
[Reply]
acruce 01:27 PM 04-29-2009
Very nice smoke
[Reply]
ca21455 01:28 PM 04-29-2009
Thanks for the review!

Purchased a box of these in June of last year. Thought they were average so they have been sitting in the cabinet for awhile. After reading this thread, decided to get one out last night. It was excellent. Very nice flavors with a good spice kick to it. The thing that really surprised me was the strength of the cigar. I don't know if it was just the way I was feeling last night but it really kicked my butt!
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 02:39 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Twist Torps and SFOs are always in my stash. The Twists keep getting better with age.
I agree, letting them rest for a bit really turns it into a straight burning smoke that has morphed somewhat bringing previously undetected flavors to the forefront.

One of us should do a before and after sampling.
[Reply]
dubnick 08:19 PM 04-29-2009
I can't store them long enough to let them rest. I just ordered the five size sampler. Want to try the others before I commit to buying a box of Torps.
[Reply]
GhostRyder 06:25 AM 04-30-2009
I clearly need to try a Taboo of any kind. I wish they had them at the B&M... in order to justify any online purchase I end up spending a lot of many to make the shipping worthwhile. The logic is screwy, but it makes sense in my compulsive buying head.

Any cigar out there comparable so I know what I'm getting myself into before I order?
[Reply]
cbsmokin 12:52 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by GhostRyder:
I clearly need to try a Taboo of any kind. I wish they had them at the B&M... in order to justify any online purchase I end up spending a lot of many to make the shipping worthwhile. The logic is screwy, but it makes sense in my compulsive buying head.

Any cigar out there comparable so I know what I'm getting myself into before I order?
Use one of Rob's coupons and these things get really cheap.
[Reply]
sodomanaz 03:40 PM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by mojo65:
Pm me your addy....I have some twists you can try.:-)
Mike, thank you so much! Ok, my brother and I immediately tore into those toros. Man, these were good. Beautiful construction, burned evenly from start to finish. Lots of creamy smoke, and the draw was absolutely perfect.

Been looking for a new smooth smoke that was more in the middle of the road in terms of strength. This fits the bill. I will have to definitely check out the retail section as I want some of these sitting in my humidor!

Thanks again man. This made my day, as this has been one hell week on campus.
[Reply]
dubnick 04:02 PM 05-01-2009
Rob offers a 5 Size sampler... And always has great coupon codes.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 04:05 PM 05-01-2009
Rob just posted a sweet deal in the retailer section.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14913
[Reply]
nozero 04:42 PM 05-01-2009
I like the Twist as well, but have not bought any in quite a while. I'd suggest the Taboo HSG too, it's one of my favorites. If you want a fuller bodied smoke try the Special Forces Original.
[Reply]
sodomanaz 10:44 AM 05-02-2009
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
Rob just posted a sweet deal in the retailer section.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14913
Jumped on the Taboo sampler. Can't wait to try the others! :-) Thanks guys.
[Reply]
mojo65 01:38 AM 07-11-2009
Originally Posted by sodomanaz:
Mike, thank you so much! Ok, my brother and I immediately tore into those toros. Man, these were good. Beautiful construction, burned evenly from start to finish. Lots of creamy smoke, and the draw was absolutely perfect.

Been looking for a new smooth smoke that was more in the middle of the road in terms of strength. This fits the bill. I will have to definitely check out the retail section as I want some of these sitting in my humidor!

Thanks again man. This made my day, as this has been one hell week on campus.
Cool Im glad you enjoyed them.
[Reply]
Aldebaran 02:05 AM 07-11-2009
I didnt like it but it didnt help that I was in a particularly foul mood when I smoked it. I didnt write it off but it makes me mad that I wasted what seems to be the second coming in cigar form.
[Reply]
mojo65 02:51 AM 07-11-2009
Originally Posted by Aldebaran:
but it makes me mad that I wasted what seems to be the second coming in cigar form.
There is no such thing sir, Different strokes for different folks. That's half the fun of cigars, trying all the different sticks to find the ones you love. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up