Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
General Discussion>Vitamix - Anyone into them?
Remo 02:46 PM 04-05-2013
All this talk made me hungry, just did this salsa.

Attached:
[Reply]
Remo 02:46 PM 04-05-2013

Attached:
[Reply]
BradNC 02:55 PM 04-05-2013
Same here. We love our Blendtec. Great machine and very powerful. We use it mainly for smoothies and made ice cream once using Blentec's recipe. Haven't tried making the butters yet.

Originally Posted by Remo:
We have the Blendtec which is awesome, but have not used the Vitamix so I can't compare but I doubt you could go wrong with either :-)

[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 03:59 PM 04-05-2013
I use our Vitamix daily for protein shakes. Originally got it for my wife to use but I use more than she does.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:06 PM 04-05-2013
Decided to give some dried chiles a try. Soaked 6 whole anchos in some hot water for 30 mins, including all the seeds and stems. Once rehydrated, into the blender jar with some of the soaking water. Started on low, let it go for a bit and went to a medium speed. Once all the big chunks were broken up, I let it rip on high. Blended for a total of maybe 1.5 mins. Then ran the purée thru my medium mesh sieve. This was all that was left. The purée is quite smooth.
Attached: image.jpg (96.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:07 PM 04-05-2013
BTW, I have the Vitamix Pro 500 series model.
[Reply]
T.G 04:54 PM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Decided to give some dried chiles a try. Soaked 6 whole anchos in some hot water for 30 mins, including all the seeds and stems. Once rehydrated, into the blender jar with some of the soaking water. Started on low, let it go for a bit and went to a medium speed. Once all the big chunks were broken up, I let it rip on high. Blended for a total of maybe 1.5 mins. Then ran the purée thru my medium mesh sieve. This was all that was left. The purée is quite smooth.
Awesome. Thanks a bunch.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:22 AM 04-15-2013
Made up some cashew milk last week; it comes out a lot smoother than the almond milk and is quite lovely. Today's smoothie was cashew and coconut milk, frozen banana, 5 frozen strawberries, a touch of sugar and a little water. Great way to start the day.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:38 AM 04-15-2013
Hmm...cashew milk. Hadnt thought of that. and I happen to have some raw cashews at home.
[Reply]
Jefft72 08:57 AM 04-15-2013
We have been making smoothies in a standard blender for about a year now. My wife is claiming that this "10 yr old" blender is quitting on us because it gets bogged down with a blender full of frozen fruit.

She is eyeing these fancy new blenders like the Vitamix and others in that class (Ninja, etc). We primarily use the blender for smoothies and it is good to hear that it does in fact work as advertised.

Perhaps I will cave in soon.
[Reply]
pektel 09:41 AM 04-15-2013
Damnit. I knew I didn't want to read this thread. AT first, I thought "vitamix" was those premade vitamin packs a la GNC. Then I started reading, and started thinking "you know, I DO need a new blender." Now I have a refurbished Vitamix 7500 in my cart, with my pointer hovering over the "place order" button.

I mean, $399 IS a good deal for that machine, right?
[Reply]
Blueface 09:52 AM 04-15-2013
I think I am tired of wife bugging me and as soon as I can get over some recent unexpected expenses, will concede to the force.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:21 AM 04-15-2013
Hmm...cashew milk. Hadnt thought of that. and I happen to have some raw cashews at home.
Soak the cashews for a couple of hours with a little salt and then blend. I end up adding more water.

Making a smoothie right now. Coconut & cashew milk, Avocado and Ice. I freeze shelled avocado halves. Works great.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:33 AM 04-15-2013
I am thinking if I am going to give in, might as well go all the way.
Thinking of Professional 750.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:36 AM 04-15-2013
Originally Posted by pektel:
Damnit. I knew I didn't want to read this thread. AT first, I thought "vitamix" was those premade vitamin packs a la GNC. Then I started reading, and started thinking "you know, I DO need a new blender." Now I have a refurbished Vitamix 7500 in my cart, with my pointer hovering over the "place order" button.

I mean, $399 IS a good deal for that machine, right?
Depends on the model. New you should be able to find them close to that amount.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:37 AM 04-15-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I am thinking if I am going to give in, might as well go all the way.
Thinking of Professional 750.
Wow! That's got all the bells/whistles. I have the 500 and love it. The 750 looks like it has more presets, as well as the new shorter container.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:46 AM 04-15-2013
Wow! That's got all the bells/whistles. I have the 500 and love it. The 750 looks like it has more presets, as well as the new shorter container.
After research and comparisons, I had the 500 in mind at first and then found some articles on the added features in the 750, like self cleaning and additional presets.
The lower and wider container is nice for below cabinet storage.
It's like $75 more.
While I still find this hard to justify, if being thrown in, might as well caugh up for the latest version.
[Reply]
pektel 12:03 PM 04-15-2013
Depends on the model. New you should be able to find them close to that amount.
http://blenderreviews.us/vitamix/vitamix-7500/

Best price I could find for a new model was around $530. Granted, I didn't look very hard.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:13 PM 04-15-2013
Is the professional 750 a different one from 7500 or are they playing with a zero?
[Reply]
pektel 12:17 PM 04-15-2013
Only difference is the presets. 750 has them. 7500 doesn't.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up