Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 34 > Last »
Sports>Colts vs Pats--The War
Whee 08:36 PM 11-09-2009
Out of the hometown Indy paper, a neat head-to-head comparison. And you can vote for which QB you'd rather have. Plus, game stats from the last 10 meetings between the QBs.

http://www.indystar.com/article/9999...ORTS/91106028/

The comments section is worth the price of admission.
[Reply]
timo 08:49 PM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
We are winning this year :-)

[Reply]
Whee 09:02 PM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by Spitnchew:

If 6-2 is considered winning for the Pats, then 6-2 is winning for the Bengals. Just sayin'.

Not as good as 8-0, but you know.:-)
[Reply]
taltos 11:05 AM 11-11-2009
Can't wait to see the Peyton Puss and to hear who he throws under the bus after the Pats hand the Colts their first loss.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:27 PM 11-11-2009
Colts win if they can get the ball to Dallas Green...if the Pats can stop him from getting the ball, they win.
[Reply]
Whee 01:09 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Can't wait to see the Peyton Puss and to hear who he throws under the bus after the Pats hand the Colts their first loss.:-)
Ok your avatar made me laugh.:-):-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:12 PM 11-11-2009
What war? The Pats usually win...
[Reply]
massphatness 01:31 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
What war? The Pats usually win...
That may have been true earlier this decade, Moses, but since the Pats beat the Colts on the way to the 2005 Superbowl, Brady & Co are just 1 - 4 against the horshoes.

I don't have a dog in this fight (wait -- maybe that's Vick & the Eagles), so I'm looking forward to what should be a fantastic game.
[Reply]
VTDragon 08:46 AM 11-13-2009
We've gotten to Friday before the game and things have been very civil in this thread. Congrats to all for that.

Now to go out on a limb and make a prediction:

Patriots 27 Colts 24. This will be a real fun game to watch.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:48 AM 11-13-2009
I take no offense to any anti-Pat's comments.

I wish the game was in a different time slot; I'm getting old.
[Reply]
Mikey202 10:04 AM 11-13-2009
Colts will win.:-)
[Reply]
Whee 12:17 PM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
We've gotten to Friday before the game and things have been very civil in this thread. Congrats to all for that.

Now to go out on a limb and make a prediction:

Patriots 27 Colts 24. This will be a real fun game to watch.
We must be getting too old.:-)

Where's "Advil" when we need someone to stir the pot.:-)
[Reply]
taltos 06:29 PM 11-13-2009
Sean, knowing the history between the two teams and the friendship between the two quarterbacks, I predict a close game and due to the fact that our defense is not as damaged as yours, picking a score as Pats 17, Colts 14. Both teams are worthy champions and all that I can do is support the Pats. Hey Vic, Bite me:-)
[Reply]
2000ARMY 07:32 PM 11-13-2009
Lets Go Pats .... either the Pats win big or they lose ......we will see. I will be drunk.
[Reply]
Whee 12:57 AM 11-14-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Sean, knowing the history between the two teams and the friendship between the two quarterbacks, I predict a close game and due to the fact that our defense is not as damaged as yours, picking a score as Pats 17, Colts 14. Both teams are worthy champions and all that I can do is support the Pats. Hey Vic, Bite me:-)
That's what has me nervous, our not very strong defense, missing the few strong pieces it has. I think it will be close, as most of them between us are.

Just hoping Brady doesn;t try to win the MVP in one game.:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 06:03 AM 11-14-2009
The game would be more fun to watch if Bob Sanders was playing. I'm no Colts fan (nor Pats despite my geographic location), but there's something about that guy. Love his playing style. Similar to Palomalu(?) for the Steelers.
[Reply]
Whee 03:34 PM 11-14-2009
One more day til game time. It was nice to see us all get along for the week. So I want to leave you all with one last thought...

GO COLTS!!
[Reply]
dunng 03:50 PM 11-14-2009
[Reply]
timo 04:33 PM 11-14-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
One more day til game time. It was nice to see us all get along for the week. So I want to leave you all with one last thought...

GO COLTS!!
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:39 PM 11-14-2009
Colts have taken 4 out of the last 5, and they should make it 5 out of 6 tomorrow. If not oh well 8-1 is better than 7-2 last time I checked, so still would be one up in the home field advantage derby.

Colts are missing 3/4's of their starting secondary and a lot
is being made of that. But I look at Pats secondary and I'm
like Who? Who? Who? Not like these guys are pro bowlers, so NE better look at their own team before
casting stones. I like the way the colts receivers, with Wayne, Clark, Collie and Garcon stack up against the pats a
lot more than Moss, Welker and Who? do against the Colts. Looking at the stats Brady rarely throws to anyone other than those two, so going 4 wide may not work for them.

Oh, add to that NE has no pass rush to speak of, and are
giving up close to 5 yards a carry on the ground, and
maybe the Colts have a chance after all? Can't remember the last time
I saw an 8-0 team be treated so dismissively, especiLly by that asshat Bruschi, Like I said may e the Colts lose, all the talking heads think the will. But maybe not:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 34 > Last »
Up