Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
General Discussion>How do you shave?
zmancbr 09:08 AM 10-21-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I'm Asian so I shave like once a week. :-)
LMAO.... :-)

I use a triple blade... used to use the expensive mach 3 ones but they keep jacking the price up so I went to cheaper ones...
[Reply]
Spect 09:20 AM 10-21-2008
In the shower, just blade and water.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:26 AM 10-21-2008
Originally Posted by kwoody:
Has anyone ever tried to dry their blade after shaving with a hair dryer or something? I have heard from a few people that this prolongs the life of your razor by quite a bit (this is regarding normal Gillette etc. type razors)
How in God's name do you get a hairdryer to remove facial hair?
:-)
[Reply]
SonsofClubDeck 09:31 AM 10-21-2008
Due to a lack of testosterone (or whatever) I only have to do it once every week so I use a cheap Fusion razor. However, if I'm feeling really cheap, sandpaper tends to do the trick.
[Reply]
funnymantrip 09:32 AM 10-21-2008
Originally Posted by Redbaron:
pre shave with nivea face wash (the tingly micro bead stuff)
Lavender Shaving soap w/ badger brush
Merkur Classic
nivea after shave balm.
Same way without the pre-shave stuff. Love my DE razor, will never ever go back to a multi-blade battery powered new razor. Never had better shaves.
[Reply]
vicvitola 09:41 AM 10-21-2008
In the shower.

Schick Quatro

Aveeno lotion or the generic drugstore brand. It's been years since I have used anything like shaving cream/gel and would never go back. The lotion works ten times better.
[Reply]
kayaker 09:45 AM 10-21-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
PM me the choices you desire. I can add the poll for you.
That's ok. Lots of discussion happening here anyway.
[Reply]
kayaker 09:49 AM 10-21-2008
Originally Posted by Redbaron:
pre shave with nivea face wash (the tingly micro bead stuff)
Lavender Shaving soap w/ badger brush
Merkur Classic
nivea after shave balm.
I have the Merkur Classic as well.
Nivea or Prorazo cream (I have some Body Shop stuff to try too)
Low end badger brush
Nutrogena Aftershave balm.

Originally Posted by funnymantrip:
Love my DE razor, will never ever go back to a multi-blade battery powered new razor. Never had better shaves.
Same here. What blades do you guys use?
[Reply]
Cigargal 09:57 AM 10-21-2008
In the shower-shick disposable :-)
[Reply]
mugwump 10:00 AM 10-21-2008
Cheap Braun electric. Since I have a Fred Flintstone beard I have to shave before I shower then splash on some lotion when I get out and shave again. I still end up with 5 o'clock shadow by about 11AM. If I try to use a blade it just gets hung up in my stubble and rips me up. I get no lovin' unless my face is smooth so I guess it's all worth it.
[Reply]
lightning9191 10:34 AM 10-21-2008
Mach 3 (I received in the mail on my 18th birthday...that and a post card from Playboy...the joys of turning 18 here) with shaving cream in the shower.
[Reply]
Mark C 10:35 AM 10-21-2008
Gillette Fusion, fresh out of the shower, with hot water. I shave 2-3 times per week (don't mind a little stubble), blades seem to last forever. Can't remember the last time I changed the blade actually.
[Reply]
smokeyscotch 10:48 AM 10-21-2008
I cleanse with Cetafil Daily Cleanser, Nice helping of Edge for sensitive, One stroke with grain, one against with a Mach3. Followup with a nice astringent. My wife has trained me to "man shave", but I won't go there. I know, TMI. :-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 10:55 AM 10-21-2008
After a shower with Edge shaving gel and an old Mach 3 razor.
[Reply]
Seanohue 10:56 AM 10-21-2008
Nivea shave gel, Mach 3, and some aftershave lotion that I can't remember. The bottle is orange though. Anyone else have that one spot on their neck that you tear the hell out of? Can't figure out how to keep it from happening, other than changing the blade everyday.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:56 AM 10-21-2008
Its getting to winter. Im not shaving till after march :-)
[Reply]
UK Bro 11:04 AM 10-21-2008
I use my hair clippers, do the hair on my head n face at same time, like to leave a bit o stubble! :-)
[Reply]
Commander Quan 12:19 PM 10-21-2008
Right now my favorite combination is my Merkur 38c with a red box Personna and some Proraso or Taylors cream. I also have a;
Fatboy
Blue tip SS
Gillette lady and a
Everready GEM
and 5 or six other cream and soaps
[Reply]
AD720 12:25 PM 10-21-2008
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I don't shave, it takes too much time. And by the time I have to (wedding or getting facial hair caught in car doors) I need some clippers and then a 3 blade Gillette. :-)
Ditto. I'll trim with the electric if I absolutely need to. I shaved with a blade for the first time in about a year two weeks ago. It was weird. :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 12:28 PM 10-21-2008
Depends.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up