Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Official (?) "My Cigar Made Me Sick" Thread
hammondc 12:40 PM 08-06-2011
As someone above already said- LFD DL Chisel. Good God that thing about killed me. I still have a couple. I may fire one up the next time I grill a big seak with mashed potatoes, salad, vegitables, potato salad, corn on the cob and cheesecake.
[Reply]
NeuRon 12:58 PM 08-06-2011
Fresh OpusX Lancero on the beach one day,smoking too fast and 98 degreesF. i felt like i had one foot in the grave. LOL
[Reply]
Ogre 01:04 PM 08-06-2011
I was stll new to cigars, smoked an Alex Bradley the Freak!! Made me a little lite headed, but not sick.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 01:34 AM 08-07-2011
I smoked my first Viaje a skull and bones on the front porch no air moving 85 degrees at night. Cold sweats, shaking, and nausea. After a cold shower and some water I felt better. Didn't eat much that day either. Lesson learned
[Reply]
Silound 01:56 AM 08-07-2011
As long as I've been smoking, one cigar, no matter how strong, is not enough to make me sick. That being said, I have to be careful about the second smoke if I'm running on an empty stomach. As long as I've got a candy bar in me, I'm good for 3-5 sticks in a day.

I will say there was one day where I doubled a Davi Millennium Churchill and a Cain F 6x60 back to back and started on a Padron #9 that made me a little green. I almost painted the walls in the bathroom. That's when I learned what a Jawbreaker or Atomic Fireball is best used for. Just pop one in your cheek and suck on it every so often. Almost entirely negates nicotine.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:03 AM 08-07-2011
I've only :-) from one cigar before. Nubbing a Behike 54. The next time I smoked one I had eaten right before. But there is something about getting to the nub that ....it's like 5-10 cigarettes worth of nicotine. Rest of the cigar is the low end of medium too.

I don't get that. I've smoked God of Fires and Pepins, My fathers and Holiday blends....pork tenderloins....but the only thing to get me was a Behike 54.

:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:30 AM 08-07-2011
Doesn't matter how many times I smoke it or the size...the Essencia ALWAYS gives me the sweats and makes me tear up in the eyes. I love the flavors, but damn if they dont make my head spin.
[Reply]
bruceolee 02:19 PM 08-07-2011
Back in the clubstogie days the FL BOTL decided it was time to HERF and so we scheduled one at the now extinct tobaccoworld in deerfield beach. I was fairly new to cigars at the time with only a year of experience under my belt. Well, I get there with my brother and my best friend and as soon as I told Ron, Andrew, Carlos and many more BOTL who I was they started handing me cigars (cubans at that and I had only smoked one CC at this point in my life) within 5 minutes of introductions i kid you not had enough cigars that it required both hands to cradle them. It was insane so through the night I did well smoking about 6 cigars total. On my way home from this my head started spinning and my stomach hit me hard and I was sweating a metric ton! I had to pull off the road (on the turnpike) and pretty much threw everything I had eaten over the past week up in a single shot (it felt that was at least)
I managed to throw up again after my second herf in almost the same exact spot. Regardless of that i had some of the best moments of my life with those guys and what was really special for me was how much they welcomed unconditionally my brother and my friend both of whom threw up that same night after 2 cigars :-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 02:38 PM 08-07-2011
Oh man the oliva V maduro knocked me in the dirt.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
jsnake 03:10 PM 08-07-2011
I have only been sick twice and both times I was outside in 100 degree temps sweating to death. It is amazing how the same cigar can kick one guys butt after a big meal but another guy can smoke it before breakfast and not feel a thing.
[Reply]
Krish the Fish 03:21 PM 08-07-2011
For me the only time I've gotten sick was my first full bodied smoke: a LFD DL 700 maduro. I was feeling rather adventurous that day (from smoking all medium bodied cigars up until then, I was being adventurous too) and, unfortunately, didn't plan on it. On an empty stomach too. Was in a bow tie and seersucker suit, but I was able to lean myself over and chuck into the toilet, missing my clothes. Not fun to see liquid and little tiny tobacco leaflets in the toilet.

Had a burger and some fries after and all was well. Never got sick again off a cigar, and haven't really felt much of a nicotine buzz of any in a while either, empty stomach or not. I get some stomach discomfort from Triple Maduros, but no buzz strangely.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 04:54 PM 08-07-2011
Great thread! The one time I got sick off a cigar was a "Counterfeit Cuban" from JR's with the Limitada band on it. It was hot and I was in my car in the barracks parking lot in "C" school. I had the sweats and high heart-rate and all. After I finished it I got out of my car and the parking lot was spinning. I made my way up to my room and crashed for the rest of the day.
[Reply]
ResidentPony 08:09 PM 08-14-2011
I've enjoyed Cains and similar, but I was knocked flat by an MX2. Empty stomach...
Sat on my porch, everything was wonderful and relaxed, I really loved it. Finished the stick, stood up, and sat right back down.
A cold shower set things right, but I held onto the wall until the bathroom stopped moving. I have another MX2 in my humi, and it's going to stay there.
[Reply]
Hippiebrian 08:27 PM 08-14-2011
The only time I've hurled from cigars was when I was 12. My Uncle (who raised me like a dad) caught me smoking a Winston. To teach me a lesson, he bought a 5er of Perodis and made me inhale them all. I manned up until the last one, then blew chunks all over a peach tree! Lol. Didn't work, however, as I smoked cigarettes up until about a year ago, when I switched to e-cigs and snus. Might be the fact that I'm a hardcore nic addict that I don't get sick ever from cigars. Wish I could just stick to the cigars, but hey, e-cigs and snus are better than nails, ya know?
[Reply]
vinnydisilvio 01:27 AM 09-01-2011
let's just say i'll never smoke a Brickhouse again. i've gotten sick from a couple of cigars years before, and 1 since...but nothing like that one. i was praying for sweet death for a good 10 minutes after one of those.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:36 AM 09-01-2011
I haven't puked from a cigar yet, but then again I haven't had anything really strong yet either and have only had a handful of cigars, but it sounds like the way to avoid getting sick is to stay out of the hot sun and make sure you have eaten a pretty decent meal.

Some interesting stories though, keep em' coming.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 09:16 AM 09-01-2011
Got green at the Shack off a Mag 46. Took a "nap" in the car for 45 minutes. Then came back and did the PPPP that night. It was all good.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:05 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
Yep, been there before... The hunting club AND the experience... In fact... I think you may have been present for one episode on the backroads through Coaling making our way out of Tuscaloosa and towards home.

Same cigar in both instances I found left me with that ever so unpleasant green feeling: LFD Double Ligero Chiselito

Haven't smoked one in probably 7-8 years. Don't plan on it anytime soon either! Nothing against the stick, we have an understanding you see... I don't smoke it and it leaves my already eaten lunch in my tummy where it belongs instead of on the side of a road in rural Bibb County.
Went down that road Wednesday with your mom (on way home from Mississippi). I thought of you and that LFD!
[Reply]
ninjavanish 11:09 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Went down that road Wednesday with your mom (on way home from Mississippi). I thought of you and that LFD!
That's the one that goes up on the west side of Tuscaloosa and cuts through all of that old timber/strip mining land, right?

I don't even think I could recall how to get there anymore.

Hopefully you weren't smoking a Chiselito.
[Reply]
irratebass 11:14 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I haven't puked from a cigar yet, but then again I haven't had anything really strong yet either and have only had a handful of cigars, but it sounds like the way to avoid getting sick is to stay out of the hot sun and make sure you have eaten a pretty decent meal.

Some interesting stories though, keep em' coming.
Ok it happened, I had a CAIN DAYTONA No.4, I didn't get sick per se, but I was nauseous and light headed for about 30-45 mins after smoking it.....but damn was it a great smoke.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up