Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Parties and smoking cigars
hotreds 05:06 PM 01-01-2009
BUT- to answer your question- no, I likely would not light up if I were the only one doing so. However, I WOULD bring my humi and maybe join someone for a stick. And I guess it would also depend on how formal the party is. A big outdoor BBQ might have me lighting up(with permission) away from the crowd- even if I did so alone. Many variables- but be a Boy Scout- "always be prepared!"
[Reply]
karmaz00 06:48 PM 01-01-2009
probley a good thing
[Reply]
Ahbroody 09:38 PM 01-01-2009
Started bringing cigars to family functions a while back. I now have aa group of male family members who not only smoke them if i bring them but seem pissed if I dont bring enough.

Some of the female inlaws want to kill me more now then they did before. Wish I cared
[Reply]
livwire68 09:47 PM 01-01-2009
I either ask ahead of time (out side is usually fine) or just bring in case. Dont care what the other women think, I dont go home with them and my Wife supports me. Most of the time it sparks conversation amongst the other men, so bring along some hand outs. Its a thing called acceptance of me and who I am. At least Im not smoking a cancer stick. If its my Wifes friend then they already know, if we dont go then my Wife already knows (drunk hubby support)
[Reply]
Squid 02:45 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Wish I cared

:-):-):-):-) Excellent!
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 09:38 AM 01-04-2009
i'm curious - i don't think i saw this mentioned, but what made you think that cigars would even be allowed? pretty rare occurence these days, i think.
[Reply]
acruce 12:35 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by jbonnefsc:
Always better to have a cigar with you to smoke than have a chance to smoke and no cigar.
I would have to agree..:-)
[Reply]
Whee 01:08 PM 01-04-2009
Had this happen at Thanksgiving. Went with my brother with his girlfriend to her family's Thanksgiving dinner. Packed the cigar caddy full just in case. Brother and I went out for a smoke, but no one wanted to join. You never know.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:09 PM 01-04-2009
I guess the question is, as this is a party at someone's house, "Can you smoke in the house, or is this an indoor/outdoor party?"

If smoking is acceptable at the home, or if it will be partly outdoors, bring a few stick along. If you get there and find out you could have, you'll kick yourself in the posterior later.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up