Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Changing my name....
LasciviousXXX 09:10 AM 07-27-2010
I'm glad someone reads my blogs Scott :-) I thought it was just me LOL

Originally Posted by Poker:
I think you should change it to Tootsie
That's it, I'm getting a shirt with that on it :-)

As far as geneaology goes, both sides of the family have kept the same last name for a good number of generations.
[Reply]
galaga 09:17 AM 07-27-2010
Well congrats Tyr and forgive me for not putting the ' over the y.

BTW, you forgot one of Hoffmans best films.............Little Big Man. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 09:25 AM 07-27-2010
Congrats, I am sure many people want to do this but very few have the guts and persistence to follow through. Life is too short to not like something that you hear several times every day. :-)
[Reply]
e-man67 09:33 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
e-man67 told me that he is no longer going to be called Eric. He now wants to be called Erica.
I think it should be bigdaddy b/c that is what ur momma calls me..:-) :-)

Elderboys will need to be changed to "commiebastard" with the avitar of a Heinz Ketchup bottle..:-):-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:40 AM 07-27-2010

Technoviking says "Tyr, god of combat, you da man."
[Reply]
Ahbroody 09:50 AM 07-27-2010
Congrats on the choice. As others have said it takes a lot of stones to do it. My wife and I spent considerable time picking our childrens names, but in the end it is the person who has to go through life with the name and personality and events of your life obviously effect if your name works.

I wanted and fought like hell to name my son Broody. My wife thought it invoked images of a drunken screaming southern frat boy. In the end I lost the fight and settled on Micah my second choice. That said it was what I wanted not my son so I dont know if in the future he wont like his name.

I am thinking people will be calling you Tire though. As a whole most people dont seem to read peoples names very carefully.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:55 AM 07-27-2010
Mike, I've had to correct a few people at work already. The majority seem to get it right upon first glance but a few go the "tire" route. Its fine w/ me, like I said people can still call me Dustin and I'll be fine w/ that too.

Adam, red X instead of Pic but I can use my imagination on Techno viking LOL.

You know, I never really thought of changing my name as something you'd have to have the stones to do. I'm not sure how much courage it takes but it always seemed like a natural inevitability to me so maybe that's where its coming from. Even when I was younger my parents knew that I didn't care much for my name, hence me always going by nicknames.

Thanks for being supportive everyone. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:02 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Adam, red X instead of Pic but I can use my imagination on Techno viking LOL.
I guess that's what I get for trying to hotlink something.

[Reply]
rizzle 10:02 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
I think you should change it to Tootsie :-)
I iwas gonna say, Toots has a nice ring to it, indeed. :-)
[Reply]
weak_link 10:05 AM 07-27-2010
I think the BABOTL guys will tell you, I don't care what your name is I'm gunna call you 'dude' at least 20 times during the herf. :-)

Congrats btw.
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:06 AM 07-27-2010
Congrats T.

I'm glad you didn't pick Seven. I know you would have pissed off George Costanza. :-)

You will always be the Mod formerly known as Dustin to me. :-)
[Reply]
poker 10:12 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
That's it, I'm getting a shirt with that on it :-)
I can help you :-)

[Reply]
shilala 10:17 AM 07-27-2010
If I was gonna change my name, I'd make it Harv Murray. I love that name.
Congratulations, my brother!!! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:41 AM 07-27-2010
At least you aren't changing your name to Richard Wad, Tyr. :-)

I was gonna suggest "Queequeg". :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 10:48 AM 07-27-2010
Well any name has to be better than what most of your 'customers' call you on a daily basis. :-)
[Reply]
Superbad 11:03 AM 07-27-2010
Hey my friend threatened to name his first born "Root Beer Unit". Congrats on the new name, if it makes you feel good about yourself, then go right ahead.
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:37 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
I think you should change it to Tootsie :-)
dammit he beat me to it!
[Reply]
Chingas 12:47 PM 07-27-2010
Congrats Brother. I suppose I am one of the few that have already gone thru the process. I changed my name when I was 23 after using my nickname as common practice since I was 11 or 12.

It's a long and daunting process. I did it all myself, you can hire a lawyer for like $500 to do the legal legwork but it's really not that bad. A few court appearances, a few notices in the local paper and a few forms to fill out. The worst is when it's all done and you need to apply for a new BC, SS card and change all your credit card info, etc. Believe it or not, the one that gave me the most trouble was my energy company!

Do yourself a favor and when it's all said and done, before you leave the court with the approval, get about ten motorized copies of the last form signed by the judge...you'll need it for EVERYTHING!

You need a hand with anything, just let me know.
[Reply]
shilala 01:38 PM 07-27-2010
Hey Duddy,
I still don't know how to pronounce your name. That was tough to admit cause I'm an egomaniac.
Is it like e'Tier?
I honestly have no idea what "pronounced like /ˈtɪər/" means. I didn't have much book learnin, and what I did get got toasted.
You should record it and link it up so I can get it.
Whenever I think of you, I always think of "Duddy" cause that's what we call my nephew. He's a great big dumb kid, and he's always smiling. Except he's not dumb at all, he's got a +130 IQ. He just comes off that way. He's fun to be around, and that's how I always imagined you.
shilala out
[Reply]
Ogre 01:42 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by timj219:
Right up to the end I thought you were changing your name to Lasciviousxxx
:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up