Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>601 black label: thoughts?
greenwit 08:17 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by JJG:
thanks guys, I picked up a torpedo and a DPG cuban classic perfecto. As I said I've smoked plenty of the red labels so I'll report back after I've torched this one to see who's the winner.:-)
Great combo....I think there is a slight family resemblance between the two. Yes, I too like the 601 black alot and the DPG cuban classic is one of my favorite sticks. The only bad thing I can say about it is that the wrapper has a tendency to fracture for me. Bought a box of the cuban classic belicosos so I know 'em pretty well. :-)
[Reply]
JJG 09:33 PM 02-08-2009
well, I couldn't help it. I smoked the DPG instead. It was delicious as expected but stung my nose a little bit. I had a few beers before during and after so I'm having trouble remembering specific flavors. :-) The 601 will have to wait for another day.
[Reply]
dschmidt20 01:13 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by JJG:
well, I couldn't help it. I smoked the DPG instead. It was delicious as expected but stung my nose a little bit. I had a few beers before during and after so I'm having trouble remembering specific flavors. :-) The 601 will have to wait for another day.
The nose sting happens to me quite a bit with Nicaraguan cigars, especially Pepin. I find that I have to sip them and blow most of the smoke out before nosing the tail end of a draw.
[Reply]
JJG 09:14 AM 02-15-2009
Originally Posted by dschmidt20:
The nose sting happens to me quite a bit with Nicaraguan cigars, especially Pepin. I find that I have to sip them and blow most of the smoke out before nosing the tail end of a draw.
yeah, this has become a real problem for me and it never happens with CC's, only Nics. The good news is that the 601 black had no sting whatsoever! This is what I've been looking for, a nice Nicaraguan Pepin with tons a flavor that I can nose to my heart's content. I didn't feel the need to spit every 5 minutes either which is another problem I have with NCs. I'll be buying more of these for sure.
[Reply]
Snake Hips 09:21 AM 02-15-2009
Just smoked a 601 black last night. That's a great cigar! Possibly one of my favorite Connecticuts now; smooth and buttery, but with the full, distinctly Nicaraguan flavor. Awesome pairing...
[Reply]
groogs 09:44 AM 02-15-2009
I think the 601 Black is one of the better Connecticuts I can remember smoking. I am not a huge Conni fan, but the black was pretty good.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up