Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>i just got the new vinotemp humidor. now what?
CigarNut 09:25 AM 10-31-2010
You don't have a huge amount of space in that humidor, so I personally would not use boxes. You can try seasoning the humidor. At worst it won't do anything and it won't hurt anything. Best case, is that any exposed wood will get some moisture.

It's not clear from the picgtures how much space you have inside. Any cigars that do not fit in the tray I would consider storing in (open) five-finger bags. You can get more sticks in the humi this way...

Next, get yourself some beads. You can use Heartfelt, Cigarmony, or my HCM Beads. Pick your winner.

Finally, put your cigars in the humidor and enjoy.
[Reply]
backthen102589 01:04 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
You don't have a huge amount of space in that humidor, so I personally would not use boxes. You can try seasoning the humidor. At worst it won't do anything and it won't hurt anything. Best case, is that any exposed wood will get some moisture.

It's not clear from the picgtures how much space you have inside. Any cigars that do not fit in the tray I would consider storing in (open) five-finger bags. You can get more sticks in the humi this way...

Next, get yourself some beads. You can use Heartfelt, Cigarmony, or my HCM Beads. Pick your winner.

Finally, put your cigars in the humidor and enjoy.
so there doesnt have to be any ceder for the cigars to properly age?
[Reply]
dwoodward 02:37 PM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by backthen102589:
so there doesnt have to be any ceder for the cigars to properly age?
Cedar has no impact on aging other than sometimes the cigars get a slight cedar taste. Cigars can age just fine without cedar. A lot of members age cigars in large coolers (coolidor) which are just plastic.

That said, I doubt you will get much aging out of a 100 ct humidor anyway.
[Reply]
backthen102589 01:13 PM 11-03-2010
Thanks yall for answering all my questions. my humi is running real good know. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 03:53 PM 11-03-2010
Yeah that 100 count humidor is nice for a desktop but you'll need a coolidor or two for more storage. I could see MAYBE depending on the price getting one of those for a HIGH end storage (Opus X, GoF) etc etc...$20 + sticks. One shouldn't have TOO many more than 100 of those ON HAND. If so I think you've got some smoking to do! Or you just need to make it for HIGHER end sticks. Either way your 100 best.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up