Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>How Fast Do You Smoke???
AdamJoshua 09:54 PM 02-04-2014
I tend to find the lower RH I keep my sticks at obviously the better the burn and they don't go out on me as often, I used to keep them at a higher RH around 68-70, I have since gone to about 62% and they smoke much better to me.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:48 AM 02-05-2014
It all depends on what I'm smoking (vitola wise). I used to be an extremely fast smoker. I learned to slow down a ton...especially with lanceros. I try to stick to the "take a puff every 45 seconds" train of thought. But as long as the stick is not burning hot or getting harsh, I may speed this up to one every 30-35 seconds.
[Reply]
mjdx88 07:07 AM 02-05-2014
Depends on my environment. Usually 1 min between puffs, a little faster when I am alone or walking. If I am with friends a lot slower, normally I have to re-light about 4 or 5 times.

Robustos last me about 45min to an hour.
[Reply]
tsolomon 08:53 AM 02-05-2014
I try to smoke slower, but the cold weather doesn't help. Last robusto lasted about 50 minutes in the 20 degree weather with the propane heater going.
[Reply]
mikesr1963 10:47 AM 02-05-2014
Depends, I usually don't smoke passed the halfway mark on the cigar and will sit it down to rest in between drags. I'm usually tinkering in my shop when I smoke too where it quite and peaceful. There I never feel rushed and tend to enjoy the experience every time. TV, computer, video games etc. reduce the joy with me so I also stay away from that.
[Reply]
Remo 10:49 AM 02-05-2014
Depends on how cold it is outside!!! Sometimes pretty damn fast, summer months I can really enjoy a smoke and it will take quite awhile, if I am with someone or Herfing, I really lose track and a smoke will last a very long time :-)
[Reply]
Steve 12:02 PM 02-05-2014
For me it depends on several things. If I am walking the dog, I'll smoke a bit faster. If I am sitting around with friends sipping a fine beverage, I smoke slower. If I'm hanging out with awesome BOTL sipping a fine beverage I just smoke way too many ;-)
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 12:40 PM 02-05-2014
I try to pay attention to how the cigar is smoking and moderate my time between puffs accordingly. Lately I have been enjoying small ring gauge cigars and they smoke better if I take a puff about every 45-60 seconds. It also depends on what I am doing – I tend to smoke slower when sitting with friends and enjoying a beverage. Generally, I find that the slower I smoke a cigar the more flavors I notice and the more enjoyment I get out of the experience.
[Reply]
STEVE S 01:23 PM 02-05-2014
I smoke my cigars very slowly. The smaller RGs I take my time so they don't get to hot. I find that smoking slow increases the flavors.
[Reply]
dijit 01:43 PM 02-05-2014
The person that got me started on cigars many years ago once told me something that I adhere to and think of every time I have a cigar. "This aint no race ya bonehead!"

Smaller ring gauges I find burn a little hotter and I force myself to one draw every 60 seconds or so. The larger ring gauges I take similar gaps but find I can take 2 draws without it adversely affecting the the flavor. That being said I still find some sticks that will go out if not taken every 45 seconds.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:40 PM 02-05-2014
The fastest I smoked was about 118 MPH, but I wasn't driving.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 02:42 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Depends on how cold it is outside!!! Sometimes pretty damn fast, summer months I can really enjoy a smoke and it will take quite awhile, if I am with someone or Herfing, I really lose track and a smoke will last a very long time :-)
This.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:11 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
The fastest I smoked was about 118 MPH, but I wasn't driving.
Tim Was Driving, Right, Rev.?:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up