Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Car question
Trace63 08:09 AM 05-23-2012
Actually just looked at their site and a top spec Genesis would run ~45-50k NEW, and thats with 430hp and getting 30mpg highway. Now, obviously you can get a slightly used one, or lower spec'd model and booyah!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:09 AM 05-23-2012
Another vote on for the Genesis, a great value at all price points for both 2 and 4 door models; especially on the top trim levels.
[Reply]
pektel 09:12 AM 05-23-2012
Another one on my list of possibles is a Pontiac G8 GXP. I kinda like the styling, decent power, rwd, and pricing is not bad. Plus, it's a domestic.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:14 AM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
Another one on my list of possibles is a Pontiac G8 GXP. I kinda like the styling, decent power, rwd, and pricing is not bad. Plus, it's a domestic.
The ones I see around do not look like time has been kind to them. Well cared for ones will be collectable in the future. A rare bird and one of the last Pontiacs.
[Reply]
pektel 09:28 AM 05-23-2012
Could very well be right. Though I take care of my vehicles better than most. Auto detailing is a hobby of mine, so my vehicle is always well-maintained.

This is my current daily driver. 12 year old lincoln LS (2000 model year), 170K miles:

The other couple of LS'es in my town have a decent amount of rust, or have sustained damages that the owners neglect to repair.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:40 AM 05-23-2012
Pretty nice!
[Reply]
MikeyC 07:56 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Never entered my mind but nice call, very close to what I drive. Here's a pic from an '09 on CL:
Saw one of these out on the road today. Really, really great looking car. Also, I like the fact that you don't see one every day. Personally, I like owning a car that not everyone else in the world has. I would never buy a Camry for instance because I would hate to see 1000 other people drive by me every day in the same car.

Originally Posted by pektel:
Could very well be right. Though I take care of my vehicles better than most. Auto detailing is a hobby of mine, so my vehicle is always well-maintained.
I remember you from my days on Autopia and the other detailing forums. Car looks good. :-)

What kind of tire dressing are you using? I really like how it looks.
[Reply]
Steelerfanatic 10:03 PM 05-23-2012
I own a 2009 Infinity M35x. It is the best car I have ever owned and I will probably stick with the brand as I have had nothing but a great experience with it.
[Reply]
Ratters 01:46 AM 05-24-2012
Be a badass Lance and get a Subaru STI wagon. 300+hp, AWD that will take you anywhere, and it's practical since it's a wagon. :-)

[Reply]
Trace63 06:11 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Be a badass Lance and get a Subaru STI wagon. 300+hp, AWD that will take you anywhere, and it's practical since it's a wagon. :-)

Well, that would be MY first choice :-) But not sure if it fits criteria here.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 06:20 AM 05-24-2012
Yeah, I'm trying to stay out of the more purpose driven sports cars. For one thing, their suspension is usually pretty tight and I spend hours every day in my vehicles.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:33 AM 05-24-2012
What about an Audi A6? Just did a quick look on Autotrader and around me there's a few from 09-11 for sale between $28-46k.
[Reply]
Trace63 07:45 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
What about an Audi A6? Just did a quick look on Autotrader and around me there's a few from 09-11 for sale between $28-46k.
Have fun with the repair costs
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 08:05 AM 05-24-2012
2012 Taurus sho 365hp 4 door and huge bed of all it's American and didn't need a gubment bail out :-)

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/taurus/2...tyle=101394904
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:07 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by Trace63:
That is what I am thinking. Audi is one of the most expensive cars to fix, both here and in Europe. The frequency of repair is another issue. It's one thing when you have a factory warranty and the dealer is giving a loaner car...
[Reply]
pektel 08:16 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
Saw one of these out on the road today. Really, really great looking car. Also, I like the fact that you don't see one every day. Personally, I like owning a car that not everyone else in the world has. I would never buy a Camry for instance because I would hate to see 1000 other people drive by me every day in the same car.

I remember you from my days on Autopia and the other detailing forums. Car looks good. :-)

What kind of tire dressing are you using? I really like how it looks.

Tire dressing is Surf City Beyond Black Tire Pro, applied with a swissvax tire brush (the paintbrush looking one.)

Agreed on the points of owning a car you don't see a lot of. That was one of the reasons I bought the LS.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:19 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Originally Posted by Trace63:
A6 is high on my list. I am a little worried about putting 15K miles a year for the next 12-15 years on one.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:35 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
A6 is high on my list. I am a little worried about putting 15K miles a year for the next 12-15 years on one.
Same here. I was looking at a A5 a while back. Love teh looks of the car, but scared that once it's out of warranty, how much will i have to pay to keep it going.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:35 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT:
2012 Taurus sho 365hp 4 door and huge bed of all it's American and didn't need a gubment bail out :-)

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/taurus/2...tyle=101394904
I'm sure that's FWD but ,wow, what specs! That's a real sleeper. That they can squeeze so much power out of that engine, showroom stock.
I have never owned a FWD car and don't want to relearn all my driving skills.
Like steering with the throttle when all four wheels are sliding a little. Or tapping the brakes to get the front wheels to bite a little going into a curve and the putting on the power to launch out of it. I'm sure I could get used to FWD but I'm not comfortable with it now.
I don't drive like a race car driver but I can. I want a car that can perform the way I expect.
[Reply]
pektel 08:38 AM 05-24-2012
I believe the SHO was AWD. Can't remember for sure though.

And agreed on FWD. I HATE driving FWD cars. I do every once in a while. I'd be very nervous in a quick-thinking emergency situation at freeway speed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up