Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Sky Diving....what have I been waiting for?
blugill 08:16 PM 05-23-2012
I've got 31 jumps, years ago.
I was on my way to get my license but broke up with my girlfriend that was a jumpmaster so that ended that. I even painted the jump plane for jump credit enough to get me my B or C license.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted but I'm finished with it.
[Reply]
Nathan 09:08 PM 05-23-2012
I have a few solo jumps and will actually be doing a tandem this weekend. Fun stuff.
[Reply]
rizzle 11:52 AM 05-25-2012
Done it twice. One of the biggest rushes you'll ever have.

Now that I'm married with children, my wife won't let me do it anymore. :-)
[Reply]
Trace63 12:58 PM 05-25-2012
Though not the same, it looks like we're going hang gliding next weekend, 1 week before our wedding :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:02 PM 05-25-2012
Getting out the door is TOUGH. Even on a static line, which I am sure you started out with, I think it's the law.
Once you scream for mama, it's the SINGLE QUIETEST AND most wonderful ride there is, in my 50 years of experience
anyway. You clear the plane and there is a rush of fabric on fabric, a loud whump, and then NOTHING. What a great
experience. Just the whisper of the air and your heat beating.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:38 PM 05-25-2012
Not a law in Illinois, Brad....a couple tandem jumps (with 8500 foot freefalls) and then you are freefalling on your own with a jumpmaster until certified to jump alone.
[Reply]
OLS 03:44 PM 05-25-2012
Of course this was in Alabama and it was 1980, so things may have changed and obviously can be different here and there.
This also could have been a moneymaking scam for Idle Hour Airport, "5 static line jumps before going any further".
Sure was fun, though. My mother found out after I had done it. I think she thought I was coming home to NO for
Mother's Day. SHE SAYS they were waiting for me at home and got a call that I had just skydove. I just remember it
being another weekend. Shows what kind of a son I was then. Serves em right for wanting me to join the service at 17.
[Reply]
Davidnft 06:51 PM 05-25-2012
I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane at 13,500ft once........Great time, have it on film.....Never again. : )
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up