Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Guitar Players
MurphysLaw 03:11 PM 05-21-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
I've never played more than a few open mic's, and some weddings (me on acoustic guitar -finger picked arpeggio style- plus my brother on violin makes a pretty sweet Pachelbel's Canon in D).

I have a problem with stage fright. Normally goes away after the first song though.
Best version of Canon I've ever heard played on a guitar: Trace Bundy - Pachelbel's Canon
[Reply]
pektel 03:18 PM 05-21-2012
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Best version of Canon I've ever heard played on a guitar: Trace Bundy - Pachelbel's Canon
:-) Wow.

Yeah, mine's not quite on that level. That was virtuostic (if that's a word). Now I'm going to mess around with it in open tuning too.
[Reply]
area51 03:23 PM 05-21-2012
Welp haha
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 03:23 PM 05-21-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
:-) Wow.

Yeah, mine's not quite on that level. That was virtuostic (if that's a word). Now I'm going to mess around with it in open tuning too.
Yeah, I heard that for the first time on pandora, then looked up the video and am amazed every time i watch it
[Reply]
area51 04:37 PM 05-21-2012
This is pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObSZK2_O8M
[Reply]
DBall 06:30 PM 05-21-2012
Originally Posted by area51:
I've been working on a lot finger style as of late. It's coming along smoothly though.
I went through a fingerstyle period myself... actually, I wrote a song, put up a video, and had the members of the asylum name it (held a contest where the winner got some sticks). Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urkfzMwIY48
[Reply]
Ratters 01:01 AM 05-22-2012
Takamines are those guitars that are amazing for their price, that everyone tends to overlook. They come from the factory setup great and sound fantastic.
I picked up this Ibanez $200 off craigslist and I love the thing. Great neck, solid top, plays and sounds great. Though my favorite guitar is the Guild F4ce, slim body, comfortable to play, and sounds great.
[Reply]
area51 04:14 PM 05-24-2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdASy...eature=related

14 String guitar
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 04:22 PM 05-24-2012
I've been playing for 6 years, now. It's my release...probably the biggest motivator to work in my life, was to get my custom Black Machine.

I have an Epiphone Hummingbird as an acoustic. I have only written a handful of things on it, but I can play a ton of Never Shout Never and Jason Mraz on it...

I've been playing the crap out of my Ibanez RG7 lately.

I plug into a Peavey 6505+ through a Mesa cab.

Amp set ups, brothers?
[Reply]
area51 04:25 PM 05-24-2012
Damn thats a hell of a setup.
[Reply]
acarr 04:30 PM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred:
I've been playing for 6 years, now. It's my release...probably the biggest motivator to work in my life, was to get my custom Black Machine.

I have an Epiphone Hummingbird as an acoustic. I have only written a handful of things on it, but I can play a ton of Never Shout Never and Jason Mraz on it...

I've been playing the crap out of my Ibanez RG7 lately.

I plug into a Peavey 6505+ through a Mesa cab.

Amp set ups, brothers?
I have a little amp consisting of a Mesa Tri-Axis preamp, Simulclass 2:90 power amp and 2 4x12 standard rectifier cabinets.
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 05:44 PM 05-24-2012
Damn thats a hell of a setup.
It put me into a hard financial situation, but man...it was worth it :-)

I've been throwing around the idea of selling the 6505 and getting an AxeFx and running it right into my Mesa.

I :-) everytime I see an AxeFX. The sheer amount of tones you can make with that is just ridiculous.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up