Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Project Of The Day : Desktop Thermoelectric Winadors
shilala 10:06 AM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Thanks Scott! :-)

That sounds about perfect, both in size and capacity, for my needs.
will be on the lookout for the finished product.
I just about have one done. If I'd get off my ass, I'd be done today. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:54 PM 05-12-2012
I finished up the drawers, the faces just need taken off and polyurethaned. I'm just going to leave the faces natural color, the cherry has an awesome grain that I took advantage of when I resawed the material for the faces.
Here's what they look like...

And the unit closed up...
[Reply]
shilala 01:56 PM 05-12-2012
See how you can just barely see through the glass on the door?
It's a lot different than what I'm used to, but I suppose it'll make these things a lot easier for the wives to look at. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:45 PM 05-12-2012
Beautiful Scott!! Might have to get in line to snag one of those. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Bax 04:10 PM 05-12-2012
Looks good Scott! Another cool project in the books:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 08:24 PM 05-12-2012
Those look awesome Scott!! You did a great job!
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:25 PM 05-12-2012
Very cool Scott!

What are the dimensions of the drawers?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:53 AM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
See how you can just barely see through the glass on the door?
It's a lot different than what I'm used to, but I suppose it'll make these things a lot easier for the wives to look at. :-)
I like it like that, the wife wouldn't complain as much if she can't see in :-)
I like how you shaped the top drawer too.
[Reply]
shilala 09:16 AM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Very cool Scott!

What are the dimensions of the drawers?
Michael, they're 10 7/16" long x 6 3/8" wide x 2 1/2" deep.
The bottom three drawers have 3/4" headroom which may allow an extra row depending on what type of smokes go in there. The top drawer doesn't have the headroom because there's a useless light in the roof that screws things up.
[Reply]
shilala 09:21 AM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I like it like that, the wife wouldn't complain as much if she can't see in :-)
I like how you shaped the top drawer too.
I was going to shape the bottom drawer, but it was an engineering tradeoff.
I had to stay true to the guides in the sides of the unit. If I made the face longer, which I could have done, the bottom drawer would not sit flat when it's removed.
My goal was to make them all interchangeable, but the top drawer guides forced me to make the top drawer face shorter than the rest.
I had to balance the whole thing with as much reason and common sense as possible to make it as sensible as possible.
In the end, the bottom 3 drawers are completely interchangable, the drawers all have flat bottoms, and it's obvious the top drawer goes where it goes.
There's plenty of space everywhere, front, back, and between drawers for airflow. Overall, I'm pleased. In a perfect world the drawer glides would have been spaced the way I needed them, but at least it was close. :-)
[Reply]
Hem 10:35 AM 05-14-2012
Beautiful work Scott!
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:35 AM 05-14-2012
So Scott...what's the price point on these things???
[Reply]
shilala 11:06 AM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
So Scott...what's the price point on these things???
I tried to crunch numbers on it the other day, and it looks like about $350. Heheh, tree fiddy. No, really. I'm not sure what shipping is like, it'll take me an hour or two just to get one packed to ship. Probably looking at $400 shipped, realistically, before it's all said and done.
I do have one that the light doesn't work. It's not the connections or the led panel, it's a broke wire somewhere in the body of the unit, hence unfixable. I'll have to let that one go cheaper or bomb it out or use it for awhile or something.
The light is senseless anyways, but in my way of thinking, for that kind of money, it damn well better work whether I'm using it or not.
[Reply]
shilala 03:45 PM 05-23-2012
I finished this sweet baby up and decided to let it go in the Troop Support Auction, in case any of you guys are interested.
You can see it right here.
There's some finished pics in that thread, as well. She turned out really pretty, I'm looking forward to banging out a few more when I get some rainy days. :-)
All the pieces are cut, they just need sanded, finished and assembled. I need to gather them all up and put them on a shelf and get them off my workbench. The shop is jam packed now that I brought the motorcycles home. That's gonna force me to build a shed now. That should slow me down considerably. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up