Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Got my first RN offer today
Subvet642 06:57 AM 05-08-2012
Hard work and perseverance are always rewarded. Way to go! :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:08 AM 05-08-2012
Congratulations!
[Reply]
Dave128 08:41 AM 05-08-2012
Congratulations, Duane!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:23 AM 05-08-2012
Congrats Duane:-)
[Reply]
Boz 10:36 AM 05-08-2012
Congrats Duane :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:23 AM 05-08-2012
Congratulations, Duane.
[Reply]
jluck 03:17 PM 05-08-2012
Glad to hear it, Duane
[Reply]
forgop 05:59 PM 05-17-2012
This has been crazy-I interviewed for 5 different positions and received my 4th offer thus far. I'm kinda torn because I did accept the position that would allow me to begin orientation next week, but the more appealing offer just came today.

The position I accepted is a residency for 6 months that allows me to either choose to stay there and begin as a full fledged RN or I'm free to leave as I wish. This hospital seems to be the highest paying in the city and offers some great perks. However, the position I was offered today is a trauma hospital and I'll be able to work with some of my classmates, which has some appeal as well.

Now, if I had only made this change 10+ years ago, I would have been a hell of a lot happier than endure some of the hell I went through.
[Reply]
htown 06:01 PM 05-17-2012
Congrats Duane.
[Reply]
Ogre 06:05 PM 05-17-2012
Do whats right for you brother. Pick the one that would make you happy.
[Reply]
forgop 06:23 PM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by Ogre:
Do whats right for you brother. Pick the one that would make you happy.
They'll all make me happy-this has been the best move for me because I feel like I can give back as to how my parents were taken care of when their health was bad.

I'm just hoping I can work out something that will allow me to go part-time status with both of them to allow me to do both.
[Reply]
shilala 06:54 PM 05-17-2012
I don't think you have a problem, Duane. You gave your word to hospital A and orientation is next week. A man's word is all he's got. There's a saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth, and I can't see a whole hell of a lot of wisdom in burning a bridge before you even get started.
Keep your word. To turn around and dishonor the blessing God handed at that first hospital is likely to set in motion a chain of events that you might just not like so much.
[Reply]
forgop 05:39 AM 05-18-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I don't think you have a problem, Duane. You gave your word to hospital A and orientation is next week. A man's word is all he's got. There's a saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth, and I can't see a whole hell of a lot of wisdom in burning a bridge before you even get started.
Keep your word. To turn around and dishonor the blessing God handed at that first hospital is likely to set in motion a chain of events that you might just not like so much.
I know what you're saying and I'm not backing out of the offer I accepted It's just a matter of whether the director in the ER would allow me to start out part-time for the first 4 months while I'm working the residency and how I could just get the schedules to work out, that's all.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 10:45 AM 05-18-2012
Tell the trauma hospital you'd love to work with them, but you already have an offer from another hospital. If they could work with you, you'll let them know your schedule as soon as you know it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up