Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 34 > Last »
Good Eats>Super fattie contest
Smokin Gator 01:45 PM 05-12-2010
If you come to EPIC III herf you will have sliced fatty on sausage with my homeade honey mustard sauce for breakfast!!!
[Reply]
wayner123 01:51 PM 05-12-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
If you come to EPIC III herf you will have sliced fatty on sausage with my homeade honey mustard sauce for breakfast!!!
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 01:53 PM 05-12-2010
mmmmm....fatty for breakfast! :-):-)....I'll be first in line Brent!
[Reply]
BigAsh 01:54 PM 05-12-2010
Fatty and egg on a bagel....messy but oh so goooooood!

[Reply]
hotreds 02:11 PM 05-12-2010
Sorry, I ain't showing my gut to nobody if I can avoid it!
[Reply]
kgoings 02:28 PM 05-12-2010
I've been thinking about makin a fattie. Will have to keep an eye out on this thread!
[Reply]
kugie 02:35 PM 05-12-2010
I think I just found heaven:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
OLS 04:33 PM 05-12-2010
Quick fattie series.
Attached: fattie wide.jpg (58.9 KB) fattie last.jpg (76.0 KB) fattie 4.jpg (87.0 KB) fattie 3.jpg (94.4 KB) CU weave.jpg (95.2 KB) 
[Reply]
DropTheE 04:46 PM 05-12-2010
I am gonna have to stir up some trouble with one of these this weekend. How cool, never heard of a fattie before. Well that's not true, I have heard of fatties, but not like this!!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:11 PM 05-12-2010
Originally Posted by DropTheE:
I am gonna have to stir up some trouble with one of these this weekend. How cool, never heard of a fattie before. Well that's not true, I have heard of fatties, but not like this!!
I would suggest you go simple but go big!!! Sam's has 2 1/2 pound chubs of Jimmy Dean!!
[Reply]
blugill 05:12 PM 05-12-2010
I don't know if I could eat any of one of these but I do think I can try it out on my friends first!!!!
[Reply]
OLS 06:33 PM 05-12-2010
Aw they come runnin, blugill. Tips: don't put the cheese to the edge like I did, it messes up sealed ends and GETS to the edge through
sheer capillary action. So if you stop like i said, between the hash marks, it should be good. Keep liquids out as much as
possible. Use wax paper on top and bottom when squishing it flat, it makes it REALLY easy. Peel the top layer and discard. After
you finish loading up, use that wax paper bottom to help you get the roll going, then pull it back gently when you "lick the rolling paper"
so to speak. Anything you want to HELP you roll a fattie like bacon weaves, should be chilled before doing drastic things like attaching it.
You end up weaving with warm-cool bacon and wrapping the fattie with a chilled "cloth" of bacon. Chill the fatie before wrapping further, too.
Stuff wants to fall apart when it is heavy, wet and room temp.
[Reply]
Apoco 12:42 PM 05-13-2010
Oh jeez....I can't stop drooling...
[Reply]
cricky101 01:50 PM 05-13-2010
When I made my first one I used a gallon-size zip top bag. I added the meat and pressed it flat to fill it uniformly and tossed it in the fridge for a bit to chill while I cooked and cooled the filling.

Then I just cut down both sides of the bag and spread the plastic flaps open. I used it to help roll everything together, too -- Kinda like a big, clear, sushi mat.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 01:57 PM 05-13-2010
I used plastic wrap to make the sushi roll. I got one in the oven right now. It smells good. Well I think it smells good anyway.
[Reply]
croatan 01:25 PM 05-19-2010
This thread inspired Darrel (The Professor) and me to smoke a big fattie on Monday to go along with some baby backs and chicken legs for the regular Monday night herf at my house.

After staring at each other for an hour or so trying to figure out what kind of fattie we wanted to make, we decided to go with a Mexican theme, starting with a mixture of pork sausage and chorizo:

Rolled out:

Four-cheese blend:

Home-made habanero pico de gallo and sliced avocado:

Rolled and wrapped up in bacon:
[Reply]
croatan 01:25 PM 05-19-2010
On the smoker (the ribs are below and the veggies are for the girls :-)):

Ready to eat:

Plated:

The fattie turned out awesome; people were fighting for seconds. And it was a blast to make! Can't wait until we do the next one. Thanks for the inspiration, Brad!

All of the great photos are courtesy of Darrel.
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:10 PM 05-19-2010
The ones that Tim brought to SHV last summer were pure unadulterated pork :-)

I guess the sky is the limit though,as to what you can do with it :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:38 PM 05-19-2010
That is one killer looking fatty James!!!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:45 PM 05-19-2010
Hmm, this just came to mind.

Italian sausage, cooked/cooled polenta, ragu bolognese, porcini mushrooms, parm and mozz cheese. I even have some homemade pancetta I could slice up and use for the weave. If only I wasn't going away this weekend.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 34 > Last »
Up