Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>My Favorite Cigar Aficionado Yet!!!
rizzle 08:57 AM 04-28-2009
I enjoyed it myself. I really don't see why this particular magazine gets bashed so hard. I've read way more "elistist" comments on this board than in that magazine.

:-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 09:02 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Zino Platinum and Montecristo as his favorite Cuban. He also talked about liking Davidoff's and Dunhills.
He shoulda said "I don't care as long as it is expensive! cause that's how I roll playa"
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 09:09 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Zino Platinum and Montecristo as his favorite Cuban. He also talked about liking Davidoff's and Dunhills.
a true conneisseur. i bet he lurks here...
[Reply]
gnukfu 09:09 AM 04-28-2009
I'll have to check out the brew article Darrell!
[Reply]
icantbejon 09:09 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by darkninja67:
Sierra Nevada as the top micro? Yikes. It is decent stuff but there are a lot better IPAs out there.

Still sounds like an interesting read.
I haven't met an IPA I've liked.
[Reply]
GKitty 09:11 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
I enjoyed it myself. I really don't see why this particular magazine gets bashed so hard. I've read way more "elistist" comments on this board than in that magazine.

We're not elitists, we're clique-y. :-) :-)
[Reply]
landhoney 09:12 AM 04-28-2009
I like the current issues because I'm actually starting to have some of the cigars in the Conniseure's Corner (or whatever its called). This issue, the '98 Fundies. Last issue the Davi 3K's and 70's Dunhill Selection Monte No.4's.
[Reply]
longknocker 09:13 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Today I got the June 2009 CA Magazine!!!

What's not to love about this issue? From Jay-Z on the cover to the Choice Brews (miro brew) article, from the 90 score for the Cruzado Marelas to the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA ranked as a top micro brew!!!

I can't wait to get reading this one!!!

Normally I don't love this magazine... I usually just like it for the... um... articles!!!:-)
Got mine yesterday and just started reading it!:-) Are their cigar ratings "Accurate" with mainstream smokers?
[Reply]
gnukfu 09:15 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
I like the current issues because I'm actually starting to have some of the cigars in the Conniseure's Corner (or whatever its called). This issue, the '98 Fundies. Last issue the Davi 3K's and 70's Dunhill Selection Monte No.4's.
I'm just starting to have some of the cigars in the "regular" cigar section! :-)
[Reply]
Commander Quan 09:22 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Got mine yesterday and just started reading it!:-) Are their cigar ratings "Accurate" with mainstream smokers?
+ or- 5 points. After the 5 or so bounus points are given if the maker takes out $15,000 in advertising with them.
[Reply]
rrplasencia 09:25 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
+ or- 5 points. After the 5 or so bounus points are given if the maker takes out $15,000 in advertising with them.
:-) i'll refer back to the #14 cigar of the year, la aurora barrel aged :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:36 AM 04-28-2009
I don't mean to stir the pot but I think the CA magazine you buy in the book stores is different (lower quality) than the one sent in the mail???:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 09:39 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
He shoulda said "I don't care as long as it is expensive! cause that's how I roll playa"
:-) nice one Tim.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:41 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I don't mean to stir the pot but I think the CA magazine you buy in the book stores is different (lower quality) than the one sent in the mail???:-)
Holy crap, that's :-):-)!

I'm with you, this is one issue of the magazine I might actually buy.
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 09:43 AM 04-28-2009

The reason I don't read the magazine anymore is because the last time I looked at an issue it took me past page 175 before there was a mention of cigars other then AD's. If I want the Robb Report I will buy that.

[Reply]
HK3- 10:21 AM 04-28-2009
I purchased a copy of this edition as well.

My favorite was the guy who wrote in regarding CA Magazine reviewing resorts that were not cigar friendly. It made me smile and then laugh while reading it.

I like to smoke a nice Dunhill when I'm out wid my shorties sippin on some yack. :-)
[Reply]
Made in Dade 10:24 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
When I think cigars, I think "Jay-Z".

:-) :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 11:20 AM 04-28-2009

You think this is an elitist board? Try some audio/video forums. Those guys are nuts.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:24 PM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
actually, Tom, with me - when i think "Jay-Z", i think cigars!

oy.
And when you think of garbage, Larry, think of Akeem! :-)
[Reply]
ca21455 06:09 PM 04-28-2009
I like to read ca, they do cater to the "high end" crowd, not really my thing but they also support the cigar industry. Yes, they are also in it to make money, but what the heck...isn't everyone?

Will pick up a copy the next time I'm in the bookstore. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up