Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>Tiger, what were you thinking of?
coastietech 09:05 AM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
You beat me to it...
except my line was

"No matter how hot that woman is, some guy out there is sick of her sh1t."
See post #15... :-) :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:06 AM 12-16-2009
Not his marriage vow, to be sure!
[Reply]
gvarsity 09:09 AM 12-16-2009
I'm sure he isn't sick of Elin it a both and situation. He just wanted a piece wherever he was when he was traveling and her dutifully at home for him when he was home as well as raising the kids. Tiger is and always has been about Tiger as are many people with as much fame and fortune. I suspect he felt like in many things the rules just didn't apply to him and he could do whatever he wanted with impunity.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:12 AM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by GodOfFire:
Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned specifically. In a great cigar film called "Blowing Smoke" all cigar smoking males should watch this. (and females) There is a line that says.

"No matter how good she looks, someone is tired of f**king her"

That apptly applies here
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
You beat me to it...
except my line was

"No matter how hot that woman is, some guy out there is sick of her sh1t."
Joking aside, if that truly is or where to be the case, pick up and leave.
Give her the share of money based on the pre-nup and move on.
I truly don't condone cheating on someone you chose to take vows with.
I can comprehend an off night, drunk, whatever, and you made a mistake. In his case, over a dozen women and well planned meetings combined with unprotected sex.
In fairness to Elin, who is clearly the victim here, it is unfair to even remotely consider her as the cause for him doing this awful thing to her.
No human being deserves that embarrassment.
He clearly has no regard for the sanctity of marriage and clearly has an addiction.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:27 AM 12-16-2009
I just remembered when my wife use to work at a hotel in Secaucus, NJ, where all the teams regularly stayed that played in the Meadowlands.
The very worse were the NBA players. Before they even arrived, there were paid women waiting for them in the lobby. In some cases, two and three for one player. Historically, the single ones were peaceful. It is the married ones that had the women coming to meet them.
If wondering who were the most utmost professional? Hockey players.

Just seems that many folks rely on these people so much as role models, based on what they do in their sport when in fact, on a private level, they are not worthy of much admiration. Tiger has hurt himself financially and only time will tell if he will ever get back to where he was with endorsements. I don't think too many housewives will be buying their husband Tiger gear this Christmas.
[Reply]
TripleF 09:30 AM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I don't think too many housewives will be buying their husband Tiger gear this Christmas.

True. True. But there may be a new ELIN CLUB available for women to give to their husbands. :-)
[Reply]
srduggins 09:37 AM 12-16-2009
That was hilarious.

23 years for me and my wife tells me PMS is Putting up with Men's Sh*t. I don't get it, so can somebody explain it to me?
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:44 AM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if it's already been said, but...

No matter how hot a woman is, someone somewhere is sick of her ****. :-)
Because it was all of 14 posts long? :-) :-)

#9:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I don't understand it either, but it does bring to mind the saying "No matter how good she looks, somebody somewhere is tired of putting up with her shi*!" :-)

Not that I have any experience with that. And not saying that's the case here.
:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:44 AM 12-16-2009
You are correct- too many athletes are all too human! I worked security at Riverfront, and talked to other guys who worked security at hotels, and as you stated, Carlos, too many of these athletes were pretty low down, dirty human beings. It certainly was an eye opener for me, who worshipped baseball players as a kid. Not anymore- as Clouseau would say.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:50 AM 12-16-2009
all joking aside....He F'd up..it's wrong what he did and how he did it..I still don't understand why he can't pull a Clooney, Jeter, or Stearns (ben) and just stay single and live it up. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:03 AM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
There is no sound in those pictures....
That was my very first thought. :-)
Plus I didn't notice a pair of my socks in her mouth in any one of them.
Carlos has been married so long he's wife deaf. Tiger's a kid.
Makes perfect sense to me, despite it's not my style.
I like one at a time. Then I switch. It's common courtesy and respect. It's good stuff.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:07 AM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I don't understand it either, but it does bring to mind the saying "No matter how good she looks, somebody somewhere is tired of putting up with her shi*!"
Exactly. :-)

Originally Posted by coastietech:
See post #15... :-) :-)
See post #9. :-) :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:10 AM 12-16-2009
I can comprehend an off night, drunk, whatever, and you made a mistake. In his case, over a dozen women and well planned meetings combined with unprotected sex.
In fairness to Elin, who is clearly the victim here, it is unfair to even remotely consider her as the cause for him doing this awful thing to her.
He clearly has no regard for the sanctity of marriage and clearly has an addiction.
Bingo.
Well said, my friend. I'd give you a hat tip smiley for that, but I can't find one.
Here's one of these, instead. :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:15 AM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Bingo.
Well said, my friend. I'd give you a hat tip smiley for that, but I can't find one.
Here's one of these, instead. :-)
I totally agree. Tiger has a problem. Ha, lots of problems, now.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:16 AM 12-16-2009
For every beautiful women in the world, there is one guy tired of ****ing her.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:20 AM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
For every beautiful women in the world, there is one guy tired of ****ing her.
At least one guy. (And maybe some women, too.)
[Reply]
tobii3 10:22 AM 12-16-2009
a version orf an old saying that I believe fits this situation....

Better to be quiet and be thought of as beautiful, than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Goes along with what ActionAndy said - just because she LOOKS pretty, doesn't mean she is.

I can tell you that from YEARS of experience. Ugh.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:32 AM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:

Better to be quiet and be thought of as beautiful, than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Goes along with what ActionAndy said - just because she LOOKS pretty, doesn't mean she is.

Tell you what, if all the accounts are correct, she must not be all that bad.
He was trying darn hard to re-structure that pre-nup to get her to stay.
All the money in the world wouldn't make me do that if she was a witch.
Looks like she cut her losses and moved on by moving out. I don't think that house she just bought in Sweden is a vacation home. Tiger is now afraid she will permanently move there with the kids. Well, he should have thought about that.

If all are joking, I can go along with that. If serious, kind of sad that we could consider justifying his actions by assuming what she may or may not be. That is a poor statement of our view of women and justification of poor morals.
[Reply]
Wanger 10:52 AM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:

Better hope she doesn't read this. :-)

Just because she's hot, it doesn't mean she's any good in a certain other department. She could be a dead fish there, for all we know.

Seriously, though...we don't know what was going on on the inside of their marriage. Could she be an abusive sea hag? Maybe. Could she not be innocent, also? Maybe. Could they have had relations only 3 times in their marriage (she had to give it up on the honeymoon, even my ex did once). Could they have had an "agreement"? Maybe. Now, I will also say that Tiger was not very smart about his actions, either, and the car accident almost seems to be what triggered all of this coming out now. He has enough money that they could have been kept quiet. And to paraphrase something I heard on the radio; why did he use his own phone to contact these girls?

At the same time, could he have felt pressure to get married when he didn't want to? Remember the image of golf and golfers, traditionally. They had not been "rock stars" before Tigger, and generally were regarded as "family men" who were married and had kids. Maybe he has been trying to force himself to fit that mold, when he really doesn't.

And honestly, if this had been any of us, do you think that our wives would accept us back after something like that? If I had done that, I'm SURE I'd be out on the street. Money does have it's advantages, in this case.

I know this all seems like I'm defending him, but I'm not. Just trying to think of plausible possibilities as to why it all went down the way it did. But no matter what the cause, the blame falls fairly squarely on his shoulders, since it was his actions that have become public, and he's the one that left that desperate voicemail.

Golf needs him. Viewership will decrease as he's on his sabbatical, and it will be noticed. They saw it when he was recovering last year. They'll see it again. But one thing that can't be overlooked is the renewal in interest that will happen once he does come back. I think there will be a spike in viewers ablove what it has usually been when he does come back. People interested to see how he performs after all this mess, including (likely) an increased number of people wanting to see him fail. I won't be one of them. I generally don't watch golf, unless he's playing, and believe that he's the greatest golfer there has been, even though he doesn't have the majors records yet. I have a feeling he'll come back better and even more focused, since he won't have the stress of hiding what he'd been doing any more.

And I'm done with my rant.
[Reply]
Wanger 10:53 AM 12-16-2009
Tell you what, if all the accounts are correct, she must not be all that bad.
He was trying darn hard to re-structure that pre-nup to get her to stay.
All the money in the world wouldn't make me do that if she was a witch.
Looks like she cut her losses and moved on by moving out. I don't think that house she just bought in Sweden is a vacation home. Tiger is now afraid she will permanently move there with the kids. Well, he should have thought about that.

If all are joking, I can go along with that. If serious, kind of sad that we could consider justifying his actions by assuming what she may or may not be. That is a poor statement of our view of women and justification of poor morals.
From what I heard, that was in the works from well before everything broke.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up