Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Sports>Twins vs. Yankees
Blueface 09:33 AM 10-08-2009
The Yankees have too much of an arsenal for the Twins.
I think this Cinderella story is not going to have a happy ending for the Twins.
One glass slipper now broken.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:32 PM 10-08-2009
It would not shock me if the Twins take one or two from my Yanks. They have a good team, and I respect what they do with their "small-market" francise - unlike other slackers. But no doubt they have a tough row to hoe - Yankees have hitting, pitching, bullpen, bench, speed if needed, and home-field. As for A-Rod, out-of-towners who haven't paid attention should note - it's a different A-Rod this year, so far. He may have a monster October.
[Reply]
dogface_313 07:43 PM 10-09-2009
ARod is looking good. Could mean trouble for AL.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:43 PM 10-09-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
ARod is looking good. Could mean trouble for AL.
He's hot right now, and more importantly getting runners home. Yanks caught a major break over the Mauer hit that was missed. Tight game, very fun to watch.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:44 PM 10-09-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
He's hot right now, and more importantly getting runners home. Yanks caught a major break over the Mauer hit that was missed. Tight game, very fun to watch.
Gotta love the result, Joe.

But the missed call will be whined about ad nauseum.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:49 PM 10-09-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Gotta love the result, Joe.

But the missed call will be whined about ad nauseum.
Kinda ironic considering the Twins were given a gift when the ump missed the ball that hit Brandon Inges jersey in the tiebreaker game. Karma perhaps? :-)
[Reply]
Gophernut 09:05 PM 10-09-2009
Kinda ironic considering the Twins were given a gift when the ump missed the ball that hit Brandon Inges jersey in the tiebreaker game. Karma perhaps? :-)
The Twins played their a$$ off to even get to that game. Karma would have happened for the Twins when they didn't call that. Remember they played 1/2 of August and all of September without the MVP Justin Morneau.

This game tonight just hurts....
[Reply]
pnoon 09:06 PM 10-09-2009
Call it karma if you want. Just a good illustration that eventually questionable calls even out.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:53 PM 10-09-2009
:-) Yankees :-)
[Reply]
Gophernut 10:31 PM 10-09-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
ugh
[Reply]
dogface_313 09:53 AM 10-10-2009
What is it with the horrible calls in the playoffs this year?
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:58 AM 10-10-2009
It's called Richie Garciaitis.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:59 AM 10-10-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
:-):-):-)

One more!!!
Bring out the brooms.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:14 AM 10-10-2009
A tiny 3 filament brush of a jersey vs. 10" inside the foul line.
Yankee$$ bribes at work. :-)

Nice to see the Twins get to the playoffs, in any case, but coming back from a 2 game deficit against the Pinstriped Mafia isn't gonna happen.
[Reply]
The Poet 10:26 AM 10-10-2009
I'm not about to bash the Twins - as I said already, I respect what they manage to do year after year. But they have no reason to complain about calls that go one way or the other. They had their chances in a game they probably should have won, but when you leave 17 men on base - well, 16 on base and 1 three steps from scoring - they have no one to blame but themselves. They dodged a bullet in the 10th, with Yankees first and third with one out, then had bases loaded in the 11th with no outs.

Hey, that's baseball baby.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:39 AM 10-10-2009
Joe Nathan is not Mr. October. He didn't perform as he should have, and I was saying the same thing last night about the pathetic stranded on base percentages. It only takes a couple of small mistakes to let the Yankees open up on you like a festering boil.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:52 PM 10-10-2009
The Twins left at least 1 runner on base each and every inning.
[Reply]
yachties23 06:26 AM 10-11-2009
Do you even think it was going to matter in the long run? I think the yanks would have won that game regardless if the call was made correct or not. Nathan blowing it was so disheartening for them, I really think thats why they continued to struggle. They are what, 0-9 vs the yanks now.... some teams just have your number.

As for Arod- the two out hit to drive in a run in Game 1 has really helped his confidence. I heard a few interviews on the FAN and its being said he looks/acts like a different person in the clubhouse. I'm kinda glad, I'm tired of all the Arod bashing. Yes hes not Jeter, but when its all said and done, his numbers will be among the greatest in baseball..
[Reply]
BlackDog 04:44 PM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Joe Nathan is not Mr. October.
I said it on April 11th, and I'll say it again on October 11th: The Twins do not have a strong pitching staff. They have glimpses of greatness, followed by a week of pure ordinary.
[Reply]
Gophernut 06:47 PM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I said it on April 11th, and I'll say it again on October 11th: The Twins do not have a strong pitching staff. They have glimpses of greatness, followed by a week of pure ordinary.
Sad but true. Pavano is pitching well right now though. (knock on wood)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up