Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>GM vehicle? Not me.
BC-Axeman 10:39 AM 03-30-2009
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Maybe not buy the Corvette but instead stick a third of that money into GM, Citi and some other "value" stocks?
I like my cars with as close to 10 lbs/HP as my money can buy. It must be comfortable and reliable, too. It must also be good on mountain roads. I'm looking at the Audi A6T Quatro, too. There was also some Infinity model. If taxes (my biggest expense) keep going up more than my pay I will just keep my present car running until I can't get parts for it any more. If I won the lottery (you have to play to win) I would buy a Vette before I would get a Ferrari or a Lambo.
[Reply]
AAlmeter 10:45 AM 03-30-2009
Originally Posted by forgop:
That's just it-he's just as responsible for the mess as Wagoner.

For all those in the union ranks that villify the compensation of salaried executives, they're turning a blind eye to what those in the union make. As if a $60k/year job turning some bolts is bad enough, union appointed positions are the shiznit into a bigger career of do-nothing job responsibility and accountability to no-one, often dished out in the good old boys network or family members. Then you take into consideration elected stewards/committemen/zone men/bargaining committee members, you've got a LOT of guys there making $200k+/year that give ZERO productivity paid for by GM/Chrysler/Ford.

Being an elected UAW rep is much like being in Congress-they're just a bunch of money grubbing whores and the only concern they have is for getting re-elected, not looking out in the best interest of their constituents.

Hey! I've known many stewards and reps who were nothing like members of Congress.....they've got much nicer suits than the average congressman's. And their shoes...so nice and shiney!
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:50 AM 03-30-2009
Damn GM and the trucks they built
[Reply]
shilala 11:20 AM 03-30-2009
The anti-worker sentiment in this thread amazes me. It's sad.
They're regular guys feeding their family with a decent wage that they've fought, bled and sacrificed for.
Would it be better if the men and women at GM made 8 or 10 bucks an hour with no benefits so that someone else could stack that money in their pile?
[Reply]
loki 11:25 AM 03-30-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
They're regular guys feeding their family with a decent wage that they've fought, bled and sacrificed for.
Would it be better if the men and women at GM made 8 or 10 bucks an hour with no benefits so that someone else could stack that money in their pile?
i think it's more anti-union then anti-worker...
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:27 AM 03-30-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
i think it's more anti-union then anti-worker...
the UAW is crap.
[Reply]
Footbag 11:33 AM 03-30-2009
I have to agree. There would be no better time to buy a GM vehicle if you are looking to contribute to the US economy.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 11:37 AM 03-30-2009
I am not going to contribute to the government-run-union part of the economy. I will freely choose where I want my non-taxed money to go.
[Reply]
shilala 11:42 AM 03-30-2009
I'm gonna buy me some Chinese cars so those poor buggers can get democratize. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:46 AM 03-30-2009
I'm gonna buy me some Chinese cars so those poor buggers can get democratize. :-)
I'll stick to my Kentucky built truck :-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:47 AM 03-30-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
I'll stick to my Kentucky built truck :-)
I meant after my Envoy and PT Cruiser die. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:49 AM 03-30-2009
I meant after my Envoy and PT Cruiser die. :-)
:-) I'll die before I buy the other stuff or I'll walk
[Reply]
shilala 11:53 AM 03-30-2009
:-) I'll die before I buy the other stuff or I'll walk
If I had to drive Japanese I'd throw myself off a building. Twice.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 11:57 AM 03-30-2009
We have Japanese cars made here in California.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:01 PM 03-30-2009
If I had to drive Japanese I'd throw myself off a building. Twice.
my luck I would just bounce :-)
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
We have Japanese cars made here in California.
keep them there :-):-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 12:02 PM 03-30-2009
I am not going to contribute to the government-run-union part of the economy. I will freely choose where I want my non-taxed money to go.
:-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:03 PM 03-30-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNIWUQGwj0
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 12:06 PM 03-30-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNIWUQGwj0

[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:07 PM 03-30-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:

Mighty fine truck :-) I want to do the tarp conversion to mine:-)
[Reply]
AAlmeter 12:12 PM 03-30-2009
Word.

The UAW was a BIG reason why the big 3 were not even a consideration when I purchased my new truck.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up