Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>The UNSMOKEABLES.
Chemyst 09:07 PM 05-09-2011
Try Consuegra No. 9 maduro from JR. Age them for at least 6 months.

Also, I like the RP X-out 'C' and 'D', rumored to be factory seconds of OWR and Decades.
They used to be on CBid, but now Thompson owns them, iirc.

All you can do is try the cheaper smokes. If they taste like tobacco, and don't bore
your tastebuds, then go for it!

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
alexa071 04:24 AM 05-10-2011
Sorry... I don't know anything about the "unsmokeables" but...

I've been smoking "Devil's Weed" as a work smoke for awhile now. I never know when I'm going to have to run to a call and snuff a cigar. Pretty darn good cigar for the price. I did note that the bands recently changed so I don't know if they have changed the blend or just the band.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...m=CS-DWC&cat=3

I've never paid more than $1 a piece on their bid site.

Randy
[Reply]
thebayratt 05:40 PM 05-10-2011
I got bombed with a load of these as a joke once.
I've had most of them and didn't find a one that was worth a darn, not even for a yard gar.
[Reply]
shilala 06:36 PM 05-10-2011
I found some nic puro maduro bundles once that smoked great after they sat 8 months. They were clearly Oliva stuff, smelled like wet Olivas when they arrived, smoked somewhere between O's and S's when they were ready. Construction was spot-on. I can't recall what they were.
Sometimes it's worth taking a shot if the tobacco is right and it's what you like, but if the ad says they're made from show scrapings and lawn filler, why waste the hartd earned money?
[Reply]
sparkboss 12:49 AM 07-12-2011
Alot of great info guys! but with any other "what do you like" topic, after one person says what they like, someone else dissagrees. so i guess i'll just take all the suggestions you guys have given me, and find out what i like the best :-). again thanks for the input! the more you say, the more dangerous my pallat becomes to those crap sticks!
[Reply]
Bax 01:30 AM 07-12-2011
You can add the Padilla 48 EL to the list. I got a bundle for 38 bucks for 20 and they're not too bad.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:02 AM 07-12-2011
I have recently purchased some "yard gars".
The Devil's Weed and John Bulls.
You can get them for about a buck a piece.
I tried the Devil's Weed and would say it is very light and mellow, constucted well and burn good. It gave me some toast notes and maybe a light hay flavor. I have not tried the John Bulls yet but my neighbor smoked one and said it was a really good smoke for $1.00

They are not great or amazing, but for $1.00 or less I would recomend them.

[Reply]
Sherlockholms 07:51 AM 07-12-2011
Nice Shane, I love the devil's weed. It's a very good smoke for the price. As for the unsmokeables? I would pass, there are some other cheaper sticks out there that are way better.
[Reply]
sparkboss 09:17 PM 07-12-2011
@ matthew, what sticks would you be referring to? and Shane, let me know what you guys think about the john bulls. i'm definately interested in trying out some of the devils weed though - especially after seeing what a deal randy got on the bidding site!
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:29 PM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by sparkboss:
@ matthew, what sticks would you be referring to?
I realize someone else already mentioned Connie's, but for the $, they're pretty darn good. My favorites,

#9 Maduro
#84 Maduro

As always, YMMV.
[Reply]
cmitch 10:34 PM 07-12-2011
I smoked a Nick's Sticks Maduro torpedo last night while fishing. Quite a tasty stick and not a bad price, either. OTOH, I had an Ortiz while mowing the grass that I wouldn't have cared if I dropped it.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 01:01 AM 07-13-2011
Here's 600 cigars that can probably be had for a reasonable price! In tubos, no less, so they will maintain humidity, and be free from worries of getting crushed! Anybody interested in a Group Buy??:-)

:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:03 AM 07-13-2011
@ matthew, what sticks would you be referring to? and Shane, let me know what you guys think about the john bulls. i'm definately interested in trying out some of the devils weed though - especially after seeing what a deal randy got on the bidding site!

Well I did my first review:
John Bull Review

Personally I would rather smoke the Devil's Weed.
[Reply]
0002S 06:21 AM 07-13-2011
This label kills me.....

[Reply]
yourchoice 07:26 AM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by 0002S:
This label kills me.....

I agree...Very funny Mike Vick reference.
[Reply]
Davis 09:46 AM 07-15-2011
I'll catch heat for this, but I picked up some "Old Timers" from Thompson this week. $21 shipped for a bundle. Surprisingly decent smoke for the price.
[Reply]
sparkboss 12:53 PM 09-29-2011
i think i've decided i'm gonna go with the devil's weed!! its heartbreaking that they only make the maduro's in churchills though.. but for the sake of storage space i cant afford any of those :-). thanks for the help finding somethin good for cheap guys! people like to come to me for sticks when we hit ports, now i dont gotta give away any gurkga warlords :-)
[Reply]
ktblunden 01:18 PM 09-29-2011
i think i've decided i'm gonna go with the devil's weed!! its heartbreaking that they only make the maduro's in churchills though.. but for the sake of storage space i cant afford any of those :-). thanks for the help finding somethin good for cheap guys! people like to come to me for sticks when we hit ports, now i dont gotta give away any gurkga warlords :-)
The DW maduros are nice sticks for the price. I'd give them a couple months rest at least, after that they should be smoking really fine.

As to the Unsmokeables, if CI isn't even able to spin the descriptions of them, it's probably a lost cause. If Frito-Lay released a new brand of chips called Inedibles would anyone really be surprised when they suck?
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:40 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Cornrow_Wallis:
From what I've read they are not worth a dollar a piece. You can find better cigars for not much more money.

Some people around here seem to like these. I smoked one once and it wasn't bad, from what I remember. Robustos are $25. They have the connecticut and maduro for the same price.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...m=CS-AG2&cat=3
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
:-)

If you want a cheap smoke go with the Arganese.

:-)I knew you guys would come around to my way of thinking!!! :-)
[Reply]
mkarnold1 05:11 PM 09-29-2011
http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product...ts?cm_vc=10001

I smoke these things for a yard gar and think they are quite tasty. I sent one to Eric as a 6th smoke in the NST just for fun, to see what a more distinguished palate thinks of them. For a buck a stick they are a decent deal. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up