Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Entertainment>A-Team 2010.....
Don Fernando 09:13 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Just please tell me there are no cameos from any of the original surviving actors (using the term "actor" very loosely here), but a cameo from KITT would be cool...
If I tell you that the real Face and Murdock don't make a cameo, I would tell a lie. Sorry.
[Reply]
T.G 09:35 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
If I tell you that the real Face and Murdock don't make a cameo, I would tell a lie. Sorry.
That entire last sentence/paragraph of my post wasn't really meant seriously, hence the reference to the car from Knight Rider, I don't really care either way, but, now that you mentioned it, I actually did look up the cast list:

Dirk Benedict ... Pensacola Prisoner Milt
Dwight Schultz ... German Doctor #1

Yep, well, at least Dwight Schultz almost learned how to act since the TV show aired. Can't say the same for Dork Benedict though.

I did get a chuckle out of this too

Gerald McRaney ... General Morrison

Wasn't Simon & Simon a Stephen J. Cannell production too?
[Reply]
Starscream 10:07 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Jonah Hex sucked from the get-go.
Yes.:-)
That was my initial reaction to that scene from the Jonah Hex trailer too, but then I remembered: "comic book, Jonah Hex is a comic book" Once I did that and re-watched the trailer, it wasn't that bad. No more ludicrous and unrealistic than Batman, Iron Man, X-Men or any other comic book adaptation.
But Jonah Hex was originally based in the real world (before Vertigo turned it into a supernatural version). Jonah Hex would have been awesome if it was filmed 30 years ago and starred Clint Eastwood. Those old tales were based off of spaghetti westerns.
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 10:21 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
The only one that didn't suck was the most recent Star Trek!!!:-)
Concur. This was a really good movie. I'm not even really much a Star Trek fan other than I saw a few episodes when I was a kid... doesn't matter - I'm looking forward to the sequel.

And the earlier quote of "Welcome to Rivendale Mr Anderson" was hilarious... I have though that before too!
[Reply]
T.G 10:24 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
But Jonah Hex was originally based in the real world (before Vertigo turned it into a supernatural version). Jonah Hex would have been awesome if it was filmed 30 years ago and starred Clint Eastwood. Those old tales were based off of spaghetti westerns.
Ok, I didn't know that. Aside from some of Alan Moore's work, I really haven't read that many comics, and never really followed a series or character. I don't think I even knew of the Jonah Hex comics before a few months ago, oddly enough, I didn't even know about the movie until like two weeks ago.

I guess since they gave him superpowers (bringing the dead guy in the cage back to life), I can overlook the implausability of one heavily armed recreational vehic... er, shark with a laser... no... a codebreaking dolphin, no a racecar wrenching monkey, no, not it either, a horse with gatling guns mounted on the saddle.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:35 AM 06-11-2010
Ok, I didn't know that. Aside from some of Alan Moore's work, I really haven't read that many comics, and never really followed a series or character.

I guess since they gave him superpowers (bringing the dead guy in the cage back to life), I can overlook the implausability of one heavily armed recreational vehic... er, shark with a laser... no... a codebreaking dolphin, no a racecar wrenching monkey, no, not it either, a horse with gatling guns mounted on the saddle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_B_n-Rbros
:-)

Holy shark repellant bat spray, Batman!
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:55 AM 06-11-2010
Keep getting drawn into this from the trailers. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:55 AM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_B_n-Rbros
:-)

Holy shark repellant bat spray, Batman!
LOL. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 05:32 PM 06-13-2010
This movie is rad.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:36 PM 06-13-2010
I am holding out for "The Golden Girls" movie.
[Reply]
colinb913 06:00 PM 06-13-2010
I enjoyed the original TV shows better. But the movie was decent. And yes.. Hannibal smokes. ALOT
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
NeuRon 07:29 PM 06-13-2010
does anybody who actually SAW themovie have anything constructive to add? All i hear is childhood stories (bad ones) and stories about other remakes (thread hijack much?)

I saw the movie today, and actually thought it was pretty damn good.. Granted im not a film junkie, but i rarely go to the movies, and i just had to see this one.. Every played a great roll. Everybody.. Bravo.

and yes Hanibal smokes alot.. BA played a good part, and the most suprising was Murdock (Sharlto Copley), he played Murdocks wacky role to a T.
[Reply]
Darrell 06:06 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
does anybody who actually SAW themovie have anything constructive to add?
If you read above I said the movie is "rad". Is there something more you require?

If so, the movie was excellent. It has great action scenes, a solid plot and top notch characters. Rampage Jackson really impressed me as B.A. and Liam Neeson was "the man" as usual.

Does that meet your requirements? :-)
[Reply]
mad4maduro 06:28 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
There is no way they are going to beat the original A-Team.
i agree....but i'm gonna have to see it.......curiosity if nothing else.
[Reply]
SaltyMcGee 06:49 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am holding out for "The Golden Girls" movie.
Maybe Golden Girls vs. Predator. :-)
[Reply]
alwayslit 07:06 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
In so many words: NO NO NO

They rape my childhood for more money. I want to donkey punch the producers.
.....LOL, I feel your rage.
[Reply]
NeuRon 02:35 PM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
If you read above I said the movie is "rad". Is there something more you require?

If so, the movie was excellent. It has great action scenes, a solid plot and top notch characters. Rampage Jackson really impressed me as B.A. and Liam Neeson was "the man" as usual.

Does that meet your requirements? :-)

most certainly does.. !

now for the other post-whores :-):-):-)
[Reply]
DocLogic77 03:53 PM 07-10-2010
I don't know. I like many of the remakes of the shows/movies I liked as a kid. The new Karate Kid movie was very good. I was glad it happened.
[Reply]
T.G 04:52 PM 07-10-2010
Originally Posted by SaltyMcGee:
Maybe Golden Girls vs. Predator. :-)
I was hoping for BJ & The Bear vs. Manimal
[Reply]
NeuRon 06:50 PM 07-10-2010
Originally Posted by DocLogic77:
I don't know. I like many of the remakes of the shows/movies I liked as a kid. The new Karate Kid movie was very good. I was glad it happened.
Ditto!

and Karate Kid was a pretty damn good movie as well :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up