Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Can too many cigars make a newbie sick?
bobarian 07:53 PM 04-04-2010
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Also, sugar packets are a necessity for your herf/causual 4 or 5 cigars in a 6-7 hour period gear bag.
The only lasting side effect of what you have experienced is impotence.:-)
Originally Posted by colinb913:
You are kidding.. right?
Sugar is your friend. A sugary drink will help, but straight sugar will enter the bloodstream more quickly. A couple of teaspoons or packets will do the trick. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:56 PM 04-04-2010
I only get nicotine sick when I shoot over 40 for 9.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:57 PM 04-04-2010
I got sick to my stomach after smoking an Immenso, 6x70. Not sure if it was the nicotine or that it tasted like ass.
[Reply]
forgop 08:17 PM 04-04-2010
I never heard of the sugar when buzzing/sick from cigars. Wish I had known about that in the past. It would have possibly helped with some really bad cigar buzzes. I felt like I was going to vomit a couple of times.
[Reply]
forgop 08:18 PM 04-04-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
tasted like ass.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
T.G 08:19 PM 04-04-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Sugar is your friend. A sugary drink will help...

Like Mexican Coke?

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:19 PM 04-04-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
I never heard of the sugar when buzzing/sick from cigars. Wish I had known about that in the past. It would have possibly helped with some really bad cigar buzzes. I felt like I was going to vomit a couple of times.
I usually bring some Reese's PB Cups with me if I am going to smoke several away from home, or grab a (non-diet) Raspberry or other flavor Snapple to sip if I forget the candy.
[Reply]
Stinky 08:28 PM 04-04-2010
Today I woke up feeling great, took my little brother out to golf (shot a 38 over 9 :-)) came home, and had a stogie. As the evening progressed I had a Man O' War, a Blue Label, a Players Club, and another Man O' War.. Thats alot for me!

Now, I feel sick, stomach ache, shaky, dizzy and tired... I was wondering if all these cigars, which I smoked in a 6-7 hour period, can make me sick...? I am pretty new to smoking, and haven't had this happen to me before. I was wondering if it could be the cigars.
You played golf on Easter? :-)
[Reply]
RightAJ 08:57 PM 04-04-2010
'Swayt tay' is the way to go :-)

Sugary drinks will help get rid of the jitters a bit, but just work your way up to the stronger stuff and you won't have these problems (or more rarely at least)

aj
[Reply]
colinb913 09:04 PM 04-04-2010
Stinky- Your damn right.. After church of course.. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icehog3 09:19 PM 04-04-2010
Originally Posted by RightAJ:
'Swayt tay' is the way to go :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHiZ15x6Vt4
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 02:24 AM 04-05-2010
Huh...according to the brilliant people who keep wikipedia a shining example of crap on the internet...one-half a cigar's worth of nicotine is a fatal dosage to an adult...weird...that means I should be dead anywhere from 8-16 times a day! Also, too sound like a broken record, if you are planning on smoking a lot in a day, treat yourself like a hypoglycemic...and no, I am not knocking hypoglycemics, being one myself...always have a source of sugar around...I prefer dark chocolate or Dr. Pepper....

LOAD OF CRAP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine_poisoning
[Reply]
sodomanaz 09:36 AM 04-05-2010
One of the cops at the hotel likes to talk about cigars time to time... he always judges a cigar on what type of diarrhea he gets from it afterwards. I never really have anything to respond to that when he brings that up.
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 09:44 AM 04-05-2010
Today I woke up feeling great, took my little brother out to golf (shot a 38 over 9 :-)) came home, and had a stogie. As the evening progressed I had a Man O' War, a Blue Label, a Players Club, and another Man O' War.. Thats alot for me!

Now, I feel sick, stomach ache, shaky, dizzy and tired... I was wondering if all these cigars, which I smoked in a 6-7 hour period, can make me sick...? I am pretty new to smoking, and haven't had this happen to me before. I was wondering if it could be the cigars.

Add copious whisky to heighten the experience!
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 09:52 AM 04-05-2010
Wow...I never knew about the sugar thing. That's definitely a helpful hint.

Now that I think of it, I've never really felt sick when I've gone on cigar binges and was drinking mixed drinks like Jack and Coke...looks like I was helping myself out by pouring those extra drinks in the long run. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 10:01 AM 04-05-2010
Originally Posted by sodomanaz:
One of the cops at the hotel likes to talk about cigars time to time... he always judges a cigar on what type of diarrhea he gets from it afterwards. I never really have anything to respond to that when he brings that up.
Next time he does look him straight in the face and say:

"I already know you are full of it, stop reminding me."
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:05 AM 04-05-2010

What you were feeling was the effects of low blood-sugar. As the others have mentioned, sugar intake is the cure for nicotine overdose.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:09 PM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
I like the V8 splash for sugar. Its got a ton. Rum is also good for it Right Tim?
I think the nicotine sickness is there, but you just don't notice it with rum b/c the rum already has you lightheaded and spinning.:-)
[Reply]
alwayslit 02:56 PM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Sugar is your friend. A sugary drink will help, but straight sugar will enter the bloodstream more quickly. A couple of teaspoons or packets will do the trick. :-)
.......x2:-)
[Reply]
thatswhatshesaid 06:21 PM 04-09-2010
Me with no food + oliva serie v = sick !!! Worst feeling ever...luckily I love reeses peanut butter cups so I'm set from now on. Nice tips
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up