Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 34 > Last »
Entertainment>Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Official Thread
mahtofire14 04:01 PM 11-13-2012
I'm liking it. I like the asylum clan idea. Not the best player in the world but it would be fun.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 04:25 PM 11-13-2012
If you're on PS3 I'm down with the CA clan idea. I'm friends with quite a few of the CA guys already but if I don't have you added just send me a request at Lascivious777.
[Reply]
macsauce13 04:36 PM 11-13-2012
I'm LOVING some of the new game types .
[Reply]
mfarre03 02:57 AM 11-14-2012
Picked this baby up yesterday morning, up to Level 13. I have to say I am loving it so far, haven't played the Campaign yet, just multi death-match. The graphics are different, very soft graphics, in my opinion. I don't think they are bad, just a little different then I do like that it takes a little more to put opponents down. Hopefully I get more into it today when I get home from work.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:20 AM 11-14-2012
Well I somehow got the boss (wife) to say I guess you can buy it.
Stood in line for 30 minutes last night, hahah.
I am not impressed so far. The graphics are very much cartoon like (But that will be okay as long as the gameplay makes up for it). I have always said video games need to focus more on gameplay than realism.
It seems to take about twice the damage to kill compared to MW3, I was thinking I knew when somebody should be dead and turn away or reload to realise they are still alive.
Maybe I will grow more fond as I unlock and get used to the game play.
So far it feels like a step back in multiplayer to me, reminds me of the tragedy that Homefront was.
I will keep an open mind as I play it more though, just over an hour in so far.

So far a 1.56 overall KDR, which isn't bad but I expect that to climb once I know what I'm doing. I didn't even use any kill streaks yet, didn't realise I didn't have any setup until I was getting off line. I just started using the MP7 and KDR is 4.00 with that one so well see if I keep that gun. I was a beast with the MPL in BO, but I used ARs in MW3 so it's a bit of a learning curve again.

I could see this game fading away quickly, but I have not played it enough to fairly judge it yet.
Also nobody knows the map yet so everybody is just running around like maniacs.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:43 AM 11-14-2012
What gun do you guys like best so far?
I saw some videos with sniper rifles with iron sights, anybody know how to set that up?
Maybe it is only an option on a sniper I have yet to unlock?
[Reply]
yachties23 06:47 AM 11-14-2012
After the past couple releases I've decided to pass on this. The obvious hacks and cheats that they allow in multiplayer are a joke. I'm not sure if the hosting system is the same, but I still don't see how a game that sells 10 million copies can't afford dedicated servers. Using players to host games is so 1990s.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:17 AM 11-14-2012
Man, I hate the first few days of getting the game. I have a job, so I don't get to play all day. The darn 10 year old kids pick me off until I can actually learn the maps.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:42 AM 11-14-2012
I am looking forward to using my killstreaks, haha.
I like how the scoring works for killstreaks, I can't believe I didn't have any turned on yesterday. I miss my doggies!!!
Sounds like they made the UAV more usefull for scoring too.
After watching some vids on youtube, I think this game is going to be far more in depth than I thought after an hour of playing it. Can't wait to delve deeper into the classes.
Does anybody know the scoring system? As far as how many points a kill is and assist, etc...
[Reply]
ucla695 08:15 AM 11-14-2012
I picked it up last night and was able to play the multiplayer for a little bit. I agree with Blak Smyth about the graphics and shots required to kill. I'm definitely not impressed by the graphics. They remind me of something out of Grand Theft auto. Definitely more arcade like than I prefer. I also thought I had put down people only to discover that they were still alive. Definitely takes more bullets to earn a kill. So far, I'm not really impressed with the game, but that's based on about 45 minutes of play after a long day at work. I haven't been impressed by Treyarch's past COD releases. Hopefully, this will be different once I get used to it.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:57 AM 11-14-2012
I am dying to get home and get into this game more, I don't know the next time I will have time for a cigar :-)
[Reply]
macsauce13 10:33 AM 11-14-2012
OK, at this point, I'm a few hours in and i have to say...I LOVE IT. It really is an incredible game. K/D is sitting around 1.7, and is starting to level out a bit.
[Reply]
ninjavanish 10:51 AM 11-14-2012
Picked my copy up last night, a few missions into the campaign and I'm going to call this GOTY...
[Reply]
yachties23 11:21 AM 11-14-2012
my brother picked it up and says its pretty good.

I still doubt I'll get it.

Last Black Ops had a real cheap look and feel.

Last 2 MW were seriously flawed, and developers did nothing to fix the massive issues.

Again this is my Multiplayer experience. I enjoyed the campaigns, but not enough to drop 60 dollars on the game.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 12:26 PM 11-14-2012
I definitely think the multiplayer is very much improved! However the server flaws that are always at the start of each release are still there not unexpectedly.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 12:54 PM 11-14-2012
I love my wife she just got it for me. We are about to play
[Reply]
DPD6030 09:08 PM 11-14-2012
Waiting on pay day to pick this up and renew my gold membership for Xbox Live. Then Shane can kick my butt. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:08 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Waiting on pay day to pick this up and renew my gold membership for Xbox Live. Then Shane can kick my butt. :-)
Really liking it so far. Yesterday was frustrating.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:48 AM 11-15-2012
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
I tried QSing all night last night, I am pretty terrible.
I was very frustrated with all of the weapons and then... I unlocked level 22... The FAL is amazing!!! I love single shot ARs and this one packs a punch! I was doing terrible, sooo terrible until I opened this up and all of a sudden I was back!
Can't wait to play more with it! I was using the SVU sniper rifle like an AR until now, this is way better.

I am loving the classes in this game. I love that I can get rid of my secondary and replace it with another perk. Best class setup so far on any COD. I love the 10/10 setting. I am undecided on the coin unlocks and some of the latter round unlocks. I think some of the latter round unlocks will prevent many people from prestiging.

I do worry that this game doesn't have staying power, that being said I am really into it right now.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:31 AM 11-15-2012
I can't wait to unlock some better weapons. I do like how you can ditch one of your tactical grenades so that you can add another item.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 34 > Last »
Up