Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you travel with a Reservation?
Yes, I always plan my lodging ahead of time... 38 88.37%
No, I usually fly by the seat of my pants... 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Reservation or No Reservation?
Malakai 11:54 PM 11-07-2012
Rob,

I'm in the industry and work for a major Hotel company. Believe me after 15 years in the industry nothing people tell me when they arrive at my Hotel surprises me anymore. But remember it's always our fault. But I was guaranteed double beds and connecting rooms, early check in, etc...I could go on and on and on.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:25 AM 11-08-2012
This is what wives and secretaries are for!:-)

I always have a reservation!:-)
[Reply]
Robulous78 02:58 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by Malakai:
Rob,

I'm in the industry and work for a major Hotel company. Believe me after 15 years in the industry nothing people tell me when they arrive at my Hotel surprises me anymore. But remember it's always our fault. But I was guaranteed double beds and connecting rooms, early check in, etc...I could go on and on and on.
Glad someone can relate with my pain... :-) my favorite are when they expect EVERY room has a refrigerator and microwave... or they expect our shuttle (Which I drive, only offered on Fridays & Saturdays) on a Tuesday or Wednesday night!!!!
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:19 AM 11-08-2012
I usually sleep at home; I hate traveling.
[Reply]
Brlesq 06:25 AM 11-08-2012
Always have a reservation, and always do it on-line. Usually do some quick research on tripadvisor.com to see what past customers have thought about the hotel/motel as well. Have found some hidden gems this way.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:41 AM 11-08-2012
I am a Platinum Marriott member and still make reservations. I can always cancel them later on.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:59 AM 11-08-2012
Let me kinda revise my previous comments. My wife and I probably have a reservation 50-60% of the time with the advent of smart phones and Internet connections. However, probably 75-85% of those are made while sitting in the hotel parking lot, or within 10 minutes of the hotel. And most are made with a limited number of chains that we have preferred customer cards at, to gain the benefits of multiple stays.

We travel by car on all our trips, because we like to see the country. We can't make early reservations, because we never know where we will be stopping next, or how long (within a few days) our trips will take. On one trip out west, we made 1000 miles one day, but one day, we stayed 30 miles from our previous stop. Not everyone's method of travel, for sure, but I've never been one for regimented schedules when I travel. As a rule, we usually have a departure date set (thought we NEVER leave as early as planned), but we seldom have a specific return date. We have a "target" return date range. Mostly we come home when the money starts running low.
[Reply]
hotreds 10:07 AM 11-08-2012
I've found you always get charged more if you don't have a reservation. So, for the past many years, I've always made reservations!
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 10:09 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Only time I don't have advance reservations is when I take a long driving trip and am not sure how far I will get before I stop for the night.
Same for me. Generally the only time I will not have an advanced res is if I'm on a motorcycle trip.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up