Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Considering a cruise.....
Stephen 10:45 AM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Which is the excursion where you get mauled by frenzied sharks?
They have that now? I only got to tussle with ill-tempered sea bass.
[Reply]
Dave128 01:21 PM 11-02-2015
We're back. What an awesome trip. The Haven was great. My only complaint is that it was a bit too secluded. After the first week, we left the designated area a bit more and mingled with the rest of the ship. I like that much better and it's what I'm used to from all the other cruises that we've taken. Don't get me wrong, the Haven is a great place for privacy, but I like to be around the masses. Old San Juan was a nice place. Lots to see and we didn't have all that much time. The other ports were nice, but spent the majority of the time in those ports at the beach. The cigar lounge on the boat was decent, but the ventilation sucked. Found a nice place outside that allowed cigar smoking. Drank and ate like kings for the ten days. It was a great vacation, but glad to be back.
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:29 PM 11-02-2015
Very cool, Dave!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:04 PM 11-17-2015
Glad to hear you had a good time. The wife and I just booked a Haven suite for late next year so we're looking forward to experiencing it ourselves.
[Reply]
Dave128 06:12 PM 11-17-2015
You WILL enjoy the Haven, James.
[Reply]
Stevez 11:02 AM 11-18-2015
Kind of bummed about the no smoking policy on the balcony's. I am planning an Alaskan cruise for next summer and was going to get a room with a balcony for that reason alone. But, if you can't smoke out there, probably won't spend that much extra. Thanks for sharing; a lot of great general information.
[Reply]
Dave128 11:04 AM 11-18-2015
Go with the balcony. Makes the room feel a ton bigger. You'll appreciate that and the awesome views that you just don't get by trying to look through the small windows. As for smoking, there are usually plenty of places on the ship to indulge.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:36 PM 11-18-2015
Dave, our favorite itenirary.
Wish I saw this earlier.
Would have said this.

We just booked another cruise this past week with this same adventure.
San Juan, El Jibarito is a must for some home style awesome Puerto African cuisine.
Old San Juan is beautiful and quite charming.

In St. Thomas, shopping, shopping, shopping. Stay away! :-)

In St. Maarten, our favorite island.
Rent a vehicle for $100 and do the entire island, to the French side and back.
Orient Beach is a riot with the nudist side.
La Casa Del Habano in Marigot is small but nice to visit. Get there early as closes early afternoon.
Great restaurants right behind it on the water.
Do the airport. Famous for how the planes land right over your head and folks hang on to the fence for dear life as they take off.
Also, shopping, shopping, shopping.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up