Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>More Tat News: "The Face"- Monster #3
jitzy 02:48 PM 04-21-2010
at least he's getting smart and putting out almost 2000 boxes, hopefully this will cut down on all the retarded sales tactics like last year, ie: scavenger hunt
[Reply]
duckmanco 06:20 PM 04-21-2010
^^^ No, it probably won't, you underestimate the fire that burns deep within the fanboys souls.

Happy hunting for those that will find value in these. I ain't buying it though.
[Reply]
mu mike 07:50 PM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by Dukeuni:
"Say Hello to The Face #3 - 6 3/8 x 56"- Pete Johnson
56 ring gauge?

No thanks. Add in the fact that they'll be limited, easy PASS.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:00 PM 04-21-2010
Not falling for this!! :-)
[Reply]
RightAJ 08:01 PM 04-21-2010
Way to start the hype early... but I WILL be getting one of those boxes :-)

aj
[Reply]
shilala 08:01 PM 04-21-2010
I didn't catch that monster ring the first time I looked. Wow. That'll probably make it easy to get ahold of some. Maybe it had to be big enough to get that look with the different colored wrappers? Or is that just from the cellphone pic?
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:02 PM 04-21-2010
I would love to have one but will not get my hopes up for anything when it comes to another Tat limited release.
[Reply]
bigfathwt 08:28 PM 04-21-2010
Welp, I guess I'll bite as this on my first post but.....

Why all the hate on the big ring guage? I'm guessing personal preference, but the way that was said (in my head at least) made me think it was a common sentiment among other people. As a matter of fact, I think of my favorite smokes so far is one of the thickest: LGC Serie R #7 Maduro.

Anyway, it just made me curious.
[Reply]
loki 08:36 PM 04-21-2010
looks interesting...probably overpriced and tasteless but interesting none the less
[Reply]
WyGuy 08:40 PM 04-21-2010
Those look good!
[Reply]
akumushi 09:40 PM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by bigfathwt:
Welp, I guess I'll bite as this on my first post but.....

Why all the hate on the big ring guage? I'm guessing personal preference, but the way that was said (in my head at least) made me think it was a common sentiment among other people. As a matter of fact, I think of my favorite smokes so far is one of the thickest: LGC Serie R #7 Maduro.

Anyway, it just made me curious.
You'll probably find that sentiment more on the forums than say in a local B&M. Cigar makers wouldn't keep making large ring gauges if they didn't sell, so while the american market at large is going toward big ring gauges people that are a little more cigar obsessed than the average consumer tend to prefer thinner ring gauge smokes. There is a better filler to wrapper ratio and IMHO, more complexity to the thinner smokes, even though that may seem counterintuitive. I think it mostly comes from smoking CCs, I didn't really understand the lancero until I had a few long and skinny CCs.
[Reply]
Pat1075 09:50 PM 04-21-2010
aesthetically: I like it and IF I can find it, I will buy it
[Reply]
darkninja67 11:08 PM 04-21-2010
Another hyped up Tat release. At least I can get the FFOX year round and at a bunch of retailers.
[Reply]
shilala 07:25 AM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by akumushi:
You'll probably find that sentiment more on the forums than say in a local B&M. Cigar makers wouldn't keep making large ring gauges if they didn't sell, so while the american market at large is going toward big ring gauges people that are a little more cigar obsessed than the average consumer tend to prefer thinner ring gauge smokes. There is a better filler to wrapper ratio and IMHO, more complexity to the thinner smokes, even though that may seem counterintuitive. I think it mostly comes from smoking CCs, I didn't really understand the lancero until I had a few long and skinny CCs.
The big ring is uncomfortable to me. Hard to hold in my teeth and do what I'm doing. Smaller rings are just more comfortable to smoke.
I can't imagine a better size than a 46 ring box pressed. :-)
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 07:50 AM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
I didn't catch that monster ring the first time I looked. Wow. That'll probably make it easy to get ahold of some. Maybe it had to be big enough to get that look with the different colored wrappers? Or is that just from the cellphone pic?
Me neither...I'm not sure if that would fly with me. I lose patience with the jaw-busters pretty quickly.
[Reply]
tomc3084 07:52 AM 04-22-2010
you guys see the 40 ct NHC cigars yet, they actually something i may be interested in, i think theyre the same blend as SW, I will buy maybe if smaller boxes...they come in 40 ct , 20 nat, 20 maddie
[Reply]
cigarlvr 07:11 PM 04-22-2010
Bet the NHC cigars will cost some coin but also bet they will sell out in a flash
[Reply]
ScottieM 10:22 PM 04-22-2010
I like how they blend in with the wooden table.:-)

Big Tat/Pete Johnson fan here by the way.:-)
[Reply]
jaydub13 10:44 PM 04-22-2010
I know these are gonna be a real pain to get ahold of, but I'm down to give them a whirl! I have yet to try any of the Monster releases, but I like the rest of the Tat line, so I figure I'll start with the easiest ones to get, i.e. the ones that you can buy at a B&M
[Reply]
Dooge 11:50 PM 04-22-2010
i personally think they look great. If/when i get my hands on one, i'm sure i'll enjoy it
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up