< 12
General Discussion>Tendonitis help
BORIStheBLADE 09:51 AM 12-29-2009
acupuncture help me. Give it a try..
[Reply]
jjirons69 04:34 PM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Who's the "old one," now? :-)

On a more serious note, sorry for your pains, brother--I know how frustrating those kinds of injuries can be.

:-)
Well, my legs are good, but you can never be too prepared, so I added this to my shopping list.

You'll always be older, Gerard. But, I'll be faster!

[Reply]
jjirons69 09:31 PM 05-10-2010
Here I go again. Got an injection in Feb. It worked, but hurt like hell for several days. Damn thing flared back up several weeks ago though. I've been nursing it as best I could, taking plenty of Alleve and Motrin, plus daily ice packs. Nothing seemed to be helping it get better. Got another injection after lunch today. My gawd, did that SOB hurt! The caine sister wore off about 5 p.m. and it's in full-blown agony now. Sleeping tonight should be a joy. I've taken 25 mg of Lortab since 5 p.m. and it's only skimmed the surface. You better believe I'm taking it easy for the next couple of weeks. This thing has to heal up this time.
[Reply]
jjirons69 09:50 AM 03-25-2011
Update on this aggravating thing - I finally had to give in and have surgery on Wednesday. The doc said the tendon was strained/torn. He had to drill small holes in the bone to get blood flow to the area and he cleaned up the mess with the tendons and hopefully now everything should grown back together the correct way. Here it is Friday and this thing is hurting like hell. Arm is swollen and it aches no matter how you lay it. Eating pain meds every 4 hours, doubling and tripling up, and it only helps for a couple of hours. What a freaking mess!

Nothing like opiates - makes my nose itch and puts the brakes on my bowels. Lovely side-effects!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:52 AM 03-25-2011
Best of luck with the surgery. I hope it brings relief to the pain.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:27 AM 03-25-2011
Ah man, Jamie, that blows. :-)

Hopefully this will all resolve your problems and you'll be back to swinging those clubs in no time!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:39 AM 03-25-2011
Hope it brings back your quality of life, Jamie. :-)
[Reply]
chachee52 06:10 PM 03-25-2011
Yup, every patient that I've seen after this surgery says the same thing. Any time they drill into bone, especially there where it's right next to the nerve, it increases pain significantly. Just keep icing and get to PT sooner than later and it should calm down.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:04 PM 03-25-2011
Jamie, I feel for you, man. Hopefully the surgery did the trick.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up