Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>GPS questions....
IBQTEE1 08:29 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I have a Tom Tom and couldn't be happier.
I have a Tom Tom too and I love it. Very easy to use.
[Reply]
Dave128 08:36 AM 02-07-2011
I chose a Garmin Nuvi with the wide screen (can't remember model #..200 or something, maybe). It's a couple years old and works great. Super easy to use. I didn't care for the Tom Toms at the time, but maybe they changed since I was in the market.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:57 AM 02-07-2011
I am a Tom Tom fan. On # 3 now. This time with lifetime map updates.
[Reply]
VTDragon 09:28 AM 02-07-2011
I've got a Garmin Nuvi and liked it very much. I subsequently got a Droid Incredible phone and played a bit with the Navigator app built into it. I found that it was actually better than the Garmin I had since it actually spoke the street names where the Garmin version I had did not. Then I bought a Ford Edge with built in navigation and found that was even better yet as it gave better detail of the road ahead at turns.

I think you will be happy with either Garmin or Tom-Tom. Preference seems to be based upon what you get used to, as each works slightly differently. Whichever you chose, be sure to get the version that speaks the street names as this is very helpful when in unfamiliar areas. Don't forget that the various smartphone apps ar also viable alternatives.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up