View Poll Results: Any band a winner?
1 22 44.00%
2 11 22.00%
3 10 20.00%
4 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Cutom roll bands (just for fun poll!)
muhren 10:51 AM 02-05-2011
Originally Posted by md4958:
Since there is no relation to Cuba by you, or your cigar (is it even a Puro?) and it is just for "grins and giggles" why not put your face on the label?
from google translate: Cigar = Puro

I'm not quite sure how this has devolved into some kind of discussion on my connection with Cuba?? :-)

This is simply a "would it look cool as a band" thread. That's all. :-)

M
[Reply]
muhren 10:52 AM 02-05-2011
and it is just for "grins and giggles" why not put your face on the label?
I missed this...it wouldn't look as cool.

M
[Reply]
md4958 10:55 AM 02-05-2011
Originally Posted by muhren:
from google translate: Cigar = Puro

I'm not quite sure how this has devolved into some kind of discussion on my connection with Cuba?? :-)

This is simply a "would it look cool as a band" thread. That's all. :-)

M

Actually the Spanish word for Cigar is Ciggaro. A "Puro" is a cigar made entirely out of leaf from one country. Habana cigars are know as "Puros" because all the tobacco is Cuban in origin. However, a cigar from any country can be a "puro" as long as it is made entirely of that country's tobacco.
[Reply]
liltim 10:55 AM 02-05-2011
Nice designs all around.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:00 AM 02-05-2011
I voted #2 but #4 is a close second. If I were to pick colors, I would choose a black band, gold writing and red trim.
[Reply]
muhren 11:01 AM 02-05-2011
Actually the Spanish word for Cigar is Ciggaro. A "Puro" is a cigar made entirely out of leaf from one country. Habana cigars are know as "Puros" because all the tobacco is Cuban in origin. However, a cigar from any country can be a "puro" as long as it is made entirely of that country's tobacco.
I'll keep that in mind.

Where it came from. Google has a translate feature. I used "English" to "Spanish"

I typed: cigar artist
It gave me: artista puro

I liked it, so I used it for my homemade, for home consumption custom, bundle. :-) (read: I'm not so concerned with it being correct as much as it looking cool)

M
[Reply]
T.G 11:02 AM 02-05-2011
Blend = preexisting/not my own.
Leaf origin = I'm not sure! I just thought it looked cool

These are just cigars for me to smoke on the back porch. The band concept/poll is just for grins and giggles. I'm going to make them and put them on the bundle of 25 I've ordered. These aren't for public consumption. They're just for me and my buddies because I thought having a custom roll was pretty darn cool!

M
Thanks Mike. I was just curious / confused by your post, or maybe I read too much into it. Enjoy the cigars.
[Reply]
muhren 11:04 AM 02-05-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Thanks Mike. I was just curious / confused by your post, or maybe I read too much into it.
No worries.

Originally Posted by T.G:
Enjoy the cigars
I intend to!

M
[Reply]
Blueface 11:09 AM 02-05-2011
If you are happy with a band that says pure artist, which does not mean what you intend, and a symbol of my homeland to give you a puro rush, which is only reserved for 100% Cuban tobacco, which yours won't consist of, purely for giggles of course, then I wish you luck in your final selection and bow out of your thread.:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:26 AM 02-05-2011
All a matter of perception, projection, and self worth.
[Reply]
muhren 06:19 PM 02-05-2011
Little bumpity for the evening crowd votes.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 06:24 PM 02-05-2011
I vote number two, but it'd be just a little better if the words didn't run into cuba. I like the minimalist effect approach to a B&W band.
[Reply]
chand 08:14 PM 02-05-2011
Depending on the color scheme, #2 is my vote.
[Reply]
Eleven 08:35 PM 02-05-2011
Originally Posted by Blueface:
If you are happy with a band that says pure artist, which does not mean what you intend, and a symbol of my homeland to give you a puro rush, which is only reserved for 100% Cuban tobacco, which yours won't consist of, purely for giggles of course, then I wish you luck in your final selection and bow out of your thread.:-)
All those previous posts now make sense.

BTW...#1
[Reply]
muhren 09:01 PM 02-05-2011
:-)

I never really get mad. I can't speak for others.

I'm in this hobby for the fun of it! :-)

M
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:04 PM 02-05-2011
For now, I'm going for something that "looks cool" :-)

M
Then it needs flames. Lots of flames.
[Reply]
TheFool 09:09 PM 02-05-2011
Tough choice between 1 and 3, but had to go for 1. They all look really good though
[Reply]
muhren 09:28 PM 02-05-2011
:-)

I never really get mad. I can't speak for others.

I'm in this hobby for the fun of it! :-)

M
I thought that was directed towards me. Sorry.

I'm feeling good! Just finished a Behike piece and I think it's bangin' good!

M
[Reply]
Chingas 10:40 PM 02-05-2011
Mike, I dig No. 1 Brother.

Did you use a program for the drafts you have up? I label all my cigars that aren't in boxes with some blanks from a sticker shop. I'd love to actually present them better with a better band. If you used a program for the template and wouldnt mind sharing, please let me know. Thanks.:-)
[Reply]
muhren 07:33 AM 02-06-2011
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Mike, I dig No. 1 Brother.

Did you use a program for the drafts you have up? I label all my cigars that aren't in boxes with some blanks from a sticker shop. I'd love to actually present them better with a better band. If you used a program for the template and wouldnt mind sharing, please let me know. Thanks.:-)
I just used Photoshop. I figured I'd cut them out with an exacto knife. VERY laborious process. Your stickers are probably a better route.

Drop me a PM with what you're looking for though...if it's something simple, I could probably whip it up pretty quick!

M
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up