Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Hey Mommy! Look what I can do!
swh127 08:57 AM 02-04-2011
So thats how Drew infuses his acids
[Reply]
CoreyD 09:03 AM 02-04-2011
I thought you pulled a me and instead of dropping a cigar in the river you dropped it in some glow in the dark liquid in chemistry class and decided to spin it and video tape it. now that I read the other posts I see that is not the case.
[Reply]
Wanger 09:29 AM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I took Analytical Chem last semester, and let me tell you, it kicked my butt!
I really like those experiments thats use color change indicators (although titrations are a PITA.)

Forensic Chem would be a really fun area to get into!
Did well in Analytical in college (always knew I was going into Chemistry, though). Love the investigative aspect of it. i.e. Give me a sample, and eventually I'll tell you what's in it, and how much of what is in it. :-)

Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I got this far and my mind seized up.

Flashbacks, dude, terrible flashbacks!

Pre-med students!

Bad grading curves where an 84 = F!

Too much memorization!

AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIEEE!
Memorization is ALL O-Chem is!!!!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:32 AM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Did well in Analytical in college (always knew I was going into Chemistry, though). Love the investigative aspect of it. i.e. Give me a sample, and eventually I'll tell you what's in it, and how much of what is in it. :-)
Memorization is ALL O-Chem is!!!!
2 of the 4 Chem professors are analytical chemists by background. (although it may be more). I guess I enjoyed using the instrumentation but analytical is just so.. ANAL.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 09:48 AM 02-04-2011
We first synthesized Bis(2,4,6-trichlorophenyl) Oxalate, which was then dissolved with 9,10-diphenylanthracene in diethyl phthalate. The glowing began when a mixture of diethyl phthalate and 35% hydrogen peroxide was added to the former mixture.

I'm sure that's probably more then you wanted to know.
Yeah... thanks Sir Mixalot So dumb it down for me a touch. Where any of the chemicals blue and glowing or did they interact that way? I find stuff like that very interesting and some do hope to know some of that stuff. The only chemistry I know is that vast quantities of alcohol introduced to the male species makes women look much better. :-) Neat stuff though
[Reply]
Wanger 10:40 AM 02-04-2011
2 of the 4 Chem professors are analytical chemists by background. (although it may be more). I guess I enjoyed using the instrumentation but analytical is just so.. ANAL.
Shhh...that's not supposed to be public knowledge. :-)
[Reply]
TBone 11:22 AM 02-04-2011
I had to stop watching the room started spinning...
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 01:08 PM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
Yeah... thanks Sir Mixalot So dumb it down for me a touch. Where any of the chemicals blue and glowing or did they interact that way? I find stuff like that very interesting and some do hope to know some of that stuff. The only chemistry I know is that vast quantities of alcohol introduced to the male species makes women look much better. :-) Neat stuff though
Both chemicals were clear and transparent before mixing.
[Reply]
thebayratt 01:35 PM 02-04-2011
Thats the best way yet, I have seen to make Koolaid!
[Reply]
BlackDog 02:21 PM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I got this far and my mind seized up.

Flashbacks, dude, terrible flashbacks!

Pre-med students!

Bad grading curves where an 84 = F!

Too much memorization!

AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIEEE!
This. I had strong pre-med grades until org chem. Then I became a history major. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ucla695 02:42 PM 02-04-2011
Cool stuff there. I give it :-) :-)!

I took Analytical Chem last semester, and let me tell you, it kicked my butt!
I really like those experiments thats use color change indicators (although titrations are a PITA.)

Forensic Chem would be a really fun area to get into!
I hate titrating! Sux!
[Reply]
jledou 02:45 PM 02-04-2011
I did not like organic chemistry in college and the 4 hour+ labs were the worst. Ironically i deal with organic chemistry everyday now...I much preferred inorganic chemistry but that was me.
Very cool video MJ.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:14 PM 02-04-2011
Chemistry rocks! When I was in San Diego, Peter did this experiment over and over and over again!

[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:03 PM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Chemistry rocks! When I was in San Diego, Peter did this experiment over and over and over again!

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up