Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Dang Thieves!!!!
OLS 09:47 AM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Someone stole my radar detector, power cord, mounting unit, TomTom, and 2 way power supply from my car last night.

I hope karma bites whoever did this in the rear end. May they burn in hell. I hate thieves. :-) :-)
There was a saying in the 70s something about the more I know my husband the better I love my dog (vibrator, etc)

The more I know thieves the more I like my DOGS. Memphis is a ROUGH place
and the bad economy has blown it up out of control. But they walk by my place and they keep on walking, in fact they cross the street and pick up the pace. The more I know scumbag theiving homeies, the more I love my dogs.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 09:54 AM 11-18-2009
Dang Dan, that really sucks. From experience, if the theives see something they want bad enough they'll do what it takes to steal it. Had a Jeep Wrangler years ago and when I came out from work they had cut the windows open to take my stereo, college books, and speakers that were bolted down to the fender wells.

All theives suck!:-)
[Reply]
LooseCard 10:03 AM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Police report. Most insurance will require one before they will do anything. BTW if your vehicle insurance doesn't cover and the car was in your drive way check with your homeowners policy it may cover.
Correct! As it was not actually part of the vehicle, it will only be covered by property insurance, i.e. Home-owners, or renters.

Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Going to be tough to trace unless there is something that distinguishes the items from any other or they happen to find a serial thief. It sucks, but it happened to my brother and pretty much all they could say was, "Next time lock your doors". :-)
I had a similar problem, as they tried to steal the Van. They shredded the steering-column covers, trying to break the ignition lock.
Cops took down the information, and wrote a report. Nothing they could do as there was no 'caught-in-the-act' evidence.

It was likely only an act of convenience, as your doors were unlocked.
I'd list the current replacement value, and state that as such. Depreciation doesn't ocurr on most electronics unless they are outdated technology.
[Reply]
Calexan 10:28 AM 11-18-2009
I work in a law firm and most of this type of crime ive seen coming in recently is being done by teens that are bored. I dont know where in their head this seems like a great way to not be bored, but they basically say they go to a close neighborhood to their house and just walk from door to door at night trying car doors till they find one unlocked.

So lock your cars...... or set a trap and leave it unlocked and sleep a few nights in the backseat with a baseball bat. American Justice! haha. Id love to catch a thief breaking into my house or car, I think a thief is the scum of the earth which need to be taught a brutal lesson. a good ass whoppin and i bet those kids will find something else to occupy their time.
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:22 AM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by Calexan:
...... or set a trap and leave it unlocked and sleep a few nights in the backseat with a baseball bat. American Justice! haha. Id love to catch a thief breaking into my house or car, I think a thief is the scum of the earth which need to be taught a brutal lesson. a good ass whoppin and i bet those kids will find something else to occupy their time.
I like the way you think! :-)

UPDATE: I have left a msg with the insurance company to see if they will cover it and how much it will raise my rates.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 11:32 AM 11-18-2009
Damn that really sucks. I would just cut the losses, and make sure to keep the doors locked. Unfortunately we live in a society where it is hard to trust anyone, even in a "safe" neighborhood.
[Reply]
e-man67 11:39 AM 11-18-2009
Call the police and report it...the report it to your insurance...you shouold get a check for at least a few C notes after your deductible...and if your insurance is cool your rates won't go up. It sucks for sure bro. :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:46 AM 11-18-2009
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Dan.

Maybe some of those NATO-punks on the other block heard you were a commie?
[Reply]
Noodles 12:02 PM 11-18-2009
Someone stole my radar detector, power cord, mounting unit, TomTom, and 2 way power supply from my car last night.

I hope karma bites whoever did this in the rear end. May they burn in hell. I hate thieves. :-) :-)
Sorry to hear. But I never leave my radar detector (when i still have one) or my GPS in plain view. They are a magnet for burglary.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 12:06 PM 11-18-2009
What is the protocol now? Do I contact my insurance company first or file a police report?
Nope, replace the stuff, and leave the car unlocked again while you sit in the bushes with a Beretta 92 FS. Then, when they come back, ask for your stuff nicely.
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:06 PM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by bonggoy:
Sorry to hear. But I never leave my radar detector (when i still have one) or my GPS in plain view. They are a magnet for burglary.
Yeah. I had the radar detector on the floor but you could see the clip for it still on the windshield.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 12:15 PM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Nope, replace the stuff, and leave the car unlocked again while you sit in the bushes with a Beretta 92 FS. Then, when they come back, ask for your stuff nicely.
:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:21 PM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
You see, that requires me to wait around. I think Claymores would work better :-)
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 12:35 PM 11-18-2009
That sucks Dan, but at least they didn't break a window or anything. That becomes a pain...take it from someone that's had their car broken into 3 times. The last time was a few years back at Showcase Cinema on Rt. 4. They broke the drivers window, popped the hood, ripped out the alarm, then took my radio and about 500 cd's....this one was definitely claimed on insurance. Luckily I had a catalog of my cd's so I knew which one's were stolen.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 12:45 PM 11-18-2009
They were probably related to these fine young gentlemen currently causing problems on streets in our fair metropolitan area.
http://drop.io/greenwayassaults/asset/watchthis-flv
These guys are stupid, and lucky they didn't select someone with a carry permit.
[Reply]
pmwz 12:57 PM 11-18-2009
we lost ~4 of bicycles to thieves. they even steal them out of the basements. still waiting for a good cheap tracking device that i can put into the frame.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:48 PM 11-18-2009
Sorry to hear, Dan! I hope the fact that the car was unlocked doesn't preclude your ability to file a claim!
[Reply]
marge796 03:33 PM 11-18-2009
Sorry.....

Chris.....
[Reply]
zitro_joe 03:41 PM 11-18-2009
I feel your pain. Sorry, bro.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:16 PM 11-18-2009
I just had a cop come out and do a police report. Apparently these scumbags hit a bunch of other cars last night as well.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up