Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
General Discussion>Rolex, Breitling, or Tag
smitdavi 08:20 PM 12-20-2009
If I had the choice I would go with the Omega PO Chrono. I know that's not on your list but if I was going to spend that kind of money that's what I would go with. :-)
[Reply]
KidRock 08:41 PM 12-20-2009
Brietling hands down. I have one it is a gem
[Reply]
Blueface 09:09 PM 12-20-2009
My dream.
18 Kt Daytona.
Nothing like it.
Anyone have $25 to 30K to spare?
Attached: Daytona.jpg (50.4 KB) 
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:14 PM 12-20-2009
:-)They are all very different.

Rolex to me is something of the past. The designs are very traditional and classic... if you like that, buy one. I personally think Rolex is played out. They are small Millimeter case diameters and their designs command no presence. Plain Jane old style lawyer and CPA watches.

Tag is very hit or miss. Again, i will not wear a watch under 44mm in case diameter so i am almost as limited as i would be with a Rolex. Tag does make some cool stuff though. The new Grand Carrera is super sharp in any of its multiple styles... Then again, the cool grand carreras are about 5500.00 at an Autherized dealer so i believe a better watch can be had.

Breitling... Ah Breitling.... I think you all know where i stand with Breitling. Do yourself a favor and enter the world of Breitling, you will be glad you did. Big diameters, daring style delivered in a neo-classic pilot and nautical motif.

I will tell you one thing, its obvious to me what you are concerned with brand names (we all are at first, heck, i own a breitling) but i challenge you to jump on a watch forum and learn about what else is out there...

Check these brands out:
IWC
Zenith
Corum
Doxa
Anonimo
Ball
Ernst BenZ
Bathys
Maurice Lacroix

You might be impressed by these brands... although your friends might not.... Then again, some people i meet/know compare my Breitling to Burberry and Coach watches.... :-)

I would look at a watch with Valjoux 7750 movement, i think its top notch and would reccomend it!
[Reply]
KidRock 09:17 PM 12-20-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
My dream.
18 Kt Daytona.
Nothing like it.
Anyone have $25 to 30K to spare?
that screams straight up baller, you really need to get that Carlos.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:39 PM 12-20-2009

How can you go wrong with a Rolex? Staight up classy watches. Opinions may vary though.
[Reply]
Calexan 01:06 AM 12-21-2009
Simple but flashy....
Attached: Tag Diamond.JPG (31.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Galaxie_xl 02:44 AM 12-21-2009
A few brands I think worth mentioning:

http://www.koboldwatch.com/

http://www.fortis-watches.com/front_content.php

Both great watch makers.

As for the original question, Breitling Aerospace above the Rolex and Tag.
[Reply]
Thrak 05:50 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
Do yourself a favor and enter the world of Breitling, you will be glad you did. Big diameters, daring style delivered in a neo-classic pilot and nautical motif.

:-) Did you copy that straight out of the catalog? :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:58 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:
:-) Did you copy that straight out of the catalog? :-)
No, i am just that poetic!
[Reply]
Blueface 06:03 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
Big diameters, daring style delivered in a neo-classic pilot and nautical motif.
That is exactly why they make so many, many styles of watches as they do cigars and cars and all sell.
Those that know me or have seen my photo know that weight wise, I am not a big guy. Likewise, I don't have big wrists.
So.......I guy like me can never be fascinated at the thought of wearing something that outdoes his wrist by three to one.

I like Breitlings a whole lot. I like their individual unique style. I just happen to like a classic watch better. As an example, here is my dress watch that I keep in the vault and seldom wear. At the time I bought this, cost just as much as my rolex. It is a classy dress watch that captures attention like you would not believe, specially when the diamonds shine at you. Like the Breitling, not for everyone. As with everything, all a matter of taste.
Attached: Concord.jpg (30.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Lensjockie 06:08 AM 12-21-2009
okay after working in a clock and watch repair shop for four years as I worked my way through college.

Tag not worth money
Rolex is the standard by which others are judged
Breit not worth the money.
The best bang for the buck Omega Speedmaster/Seamaster
[Reply]
newcigarz 06:13 AM 12-21-2009
If I had to pick from those 3 brands, my choice would be Breitling.
But IWC, Panerai, and Bell and Ross would be on my list of alternates.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:14 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by KidRock:
that screams straight up baller, you really need to get that Carlos.
Funny yet sad thing is that when I bought mine back in '94, they had a SS Daytona there for me to take, at only a few bucks more than mine.
Wife and I looked at it, had it in my hands, not knowing much about Rolex other than it was the watch to get, I went with the classic, traditional Oyster Perpetual two tone. I love it and have no regrets but turns out today, that Daytona, in SS, is the rarest of Rolex watches to get and commands a whole lot of money if you can find one.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:18 AM 12-21-2009
If I were to get a Breitling, this one is sweet. I am a two tone guy.
As others have said, they are in different ball parks all a matter of what you want it for, how much to spend, etc. This is a bad@ss watch for everyday but not something I see myself on a formal night out with a suit. This is one big watch on my wrist.
Attached: Breitling-navitimer-montbrillant-watch-history.jpg (84.1 KB) 
[Reply]
chubby 07:04 AM 12-21-2009
Breitling...

Chronomat B01

Just ordered mine. I was looking for a while and it came down to either that or the Tag Link.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:09 AM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by chubby:
Breitling...

Chronomat B01

Just ordered mine. I was looking for a while and it came down to either that or the Tag Link.
Good looking watch, specially in two tone. Not cheap by any means.
The Chronomat B01 starts at about $6500 for a steel model on a leather strap. The opening price for the two-tone version on a bracelet is $7770. An all-gold model on a strap will start at $21,610. The B01 tops out at $44,125 for the red gold and diamond version on a red gold bracelet.
[Reply]
e-man67 07:23 AM 12-21-2009
Rolex for me, a timeless classic (the Blancpain fifty fathoms is a dreamer though)...I like all the other stuff like Breitlings, Doxas (have one), Chopard, Tags, (not sure about IWC) all have modified ETA 2824 or 7750 (if a chrono) movements. While these movements are workhorses and cheaper to work on they are far more plentiful than Rolex movements. Panerai uses a highly decorated Unitas movements as well as Eta (I believe)...the highly sought after models originally had Rolex movements...but then again early Rolex Daytonas 7750 zenith movement (i believe, if memory serves me.). All very nice watches.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:24 AM 12-21-2009
I like Fossil's :-)

$50 or so, and spend the rest of the money on smokes :-)
[Reply]
Parshooter 07:44 AM 12-21-2009
Rolex is a "look at me" watch. For the money, I'd go with Omega or IWC. I like the Breitling Chrono Evo also.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
Up