Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>She may be ugly.....(my new car)
Darrell 05:45 PM 11-05-2008
That rocks!
[Reply]
loki 05:47 PM 11-05-2008
i absofreakinglutly love those cars. I want one so bad
[Reply]
Mugen910 05:56 PM 11-05-2008
Nice car Seth...such a hot car!!!
[Reply]
Freight77 06:06 PM 11-05-2008
Wow awesome car! Us young inmates can only dream. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:33 PM 11-05-2008
Very nice!! Ilove the way they sound when the engine gets reving!
[Reply]
landhoney 06:50 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by Freight77:
Wow awesome car! Us young inmates can only dream. :-)
Hey! I'm 28! :-) I am beginning to feel old though. Not physically, but see people that are 18-21 and they seem so young. Anyway, I'm 6'1" and 180lbs and it is difficult to get in and out of, but I'm already getting better at it.
The ugly part is somewhat of a joke, but the look of the car is not for everyone. Contrary to some of my coworkers ideas, I did not get the car for the looks. I just like small, light sportscars. :-)
[Reply]
cbsmokin 04:38 PM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by MTB996:
Sweet Lotus! If my 6' 2", 225lb but could fit in one, I'd have one in my garage right now.

Enjoy it, find some time to toss it around a track - they are special cars when driven hard.

:-)

You must join a lotus club and get that baby on the track. You have no idea how great they are until you get it on a track. Those are awesome little machines. If there isn't a lotus club there will be a BMW, Audi, or Porsche club that will let you go to their DE days.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Can you tell I like the track?

Oh, by the way, nice car.
[Reply]
Steve 04:42 PM 11-06-2008
Nice ride.

A buddy of mine from my old pool hustling days used to have a Turbo Esprit. He would show up at a pool hall in that once in a while and we couldn't buy a game :-).
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 04:46 PM 11-06-2008
Thats awesome dude!
[Reply]
SonsofClubDeck 04:54 PM 11-06-2008
be sure to ghostride the whip.
[Reply]
Siebec 06:30 PM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by SonsofClubDeck:
be sure to ghostride the whip.

Kinda difficult with a 6 speed. :-)
[Reply]
Footbag 07:03 PM 11-06-2008
Nice car. Got a question...

A friend of a friend drives a Lotus, and he told my friend he could take it for a spin IF he could get it started. He tossed him the keys and walked away. Needless to say, my friend couldn't get it started. What is the secret?
[Reply]
landhoney 10:35 PM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by Footbag:
Nice car. Got a question...

A friend of a friend drives a Lotus, and he told my friend he could take it for a spin IF he could get it started. He tossed him the keys and walked away. Needless to say, my friend couldn't get it started. What is the secret?
Apparently we're not supposed to share this information with non-Lotus people. :-)

Just kidding. The car will not start if the light on the dash is blinking. You insert the key, turn to the correct position (middle) and then press the unlock on the key/fab, then press the start button (or 'begin fun' button).

It will be taken to the track. I really want to begin shaving the weight down. Lighter exhaust, carbon fiber, etc. And then it'll be time to add the super charger. :-) Carazy acceleration it does not have, but taking turns so far at crazy speeds (or so I thought) and it doesn't even blink.
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 02:27 PM 11-07-2008
Those puppies are sickkkkk, unfortunately the wife won't let me get one.
[Reply]
Footbag 03:01 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Apparently we're not supposed to share this information with non-Lotus people. :-)

Just kidding. The car will not start if the light on the dash is blinking. You insert the key, turn to the correct position (middle) and then press the unlock on the key/fab, then press the start button (or 'begin fun' button).
Aha! Crazy Lotus owners! :-)

Have fun with it!:-)
[Reply]
beamish 04:59 PM 11-07-2008
thats a sweet ride
[Reply]
TripleF 08:00 PM 11-07-2008
I hope this is the car you are driving to the Tampa Herf. :-)

Congrats bro!
[Reply]
landhoney 11:13 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by TripleF:
I hope this is the car you are driving to the Tampa Herf. :-)
All packed up:

Crap, forgot about the wife and luggage.

FAIL.
:-)
Attached:
[Reply]
Swampper 11:24 PM 11-07-2008
Nice car. Is there a good online community for Lotus owners?
[Reply]
CoventryCat86 11:36 PM 11-07-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
I had an Europa in the early '70's. Less reliable than the MGB that I had before but that is the beauty of British cars.
WOW!! I have a friend who used to have a couple of those, they're incredibly cool cars!

I drive Jaguars (thus my screen name "CoventryCat") so I can "relate" to your take on British cars, LOL!

landhoney, that is one awesome set o' wheels ya got there!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up