Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>What is your favorite $5 or under daily smoke and why?
dvickery 07:43 PM 07-11-2014
no mention of the ubiquitous party short ???

and what markem said ...

derrek
[Reply]
mikesr1963 07:59 PM 07-11-2014
Arturo Fuente
Chateau Fuente
4 1/2 x 50
Rothschild
Maduro
[Reply]
stevef2005 10:55 PM 07-11-2014
AF Cuban Corona Maduro
FAM Nic 5000 Toro
Pardon Londres

Cannot go wrong with these sticks IMO.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:15 PM 07-11-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas at about $4.50 a stick.

Why? 'cause they're so damned delicious.
I have to agree bought my first box of these and can't get over how good they are.

Addling

HU Half Corona
PL PC
PL MC
Party Shorts
[Reply]
drjammer 07:06 AM 07-12-2014
Omar Ortez originals can be had for around $2-$2.50 a stick and they are a very good Nic. puro :-)
[Reply]
ColdCuts 08:25 AM 07-12-2014
Originally Posted by cricky101:
Tampa sweethearts 500 maduro and Padron londres are my current picks.
Haven't tried the Tampa Sweethearts No. 500 maduro, but I'm currently puffing through a bundle of the naturals. For $2.42 per, they're a good 4.5" x 50 smoke. Long filler too.
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:16 AM 07-12-2014
Joey Pete Petit Cetros. $1.40 :-)
[Reply]
Brlesq 01:04 PM 07-12-2014
Papa Fritas for me.
[Reply]
Steelerfanatic 08:03 AM 07-13-2014
Originally Posted by bobarian:
HUpmann Half Corona
Ramon Allones Small Club Corona
Exactly in that order as well.
[Reply]
MagicDrop 09:44 PM 07-18-2014
Acid Blondie the 4 inch ones. Also Acid Waffers are nice but last only like 5-10 minutes!
[Reply]
RRocket 08:57 PM 07-19-2014
Any Oliva G Maduro. For under $4, Oliva G Special Maduro.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:36 PM 07-19-2014
Bolivar PC
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 02:16 AM 07-20-2014
I have to second the Illusione Rothchilde. I think the Gran Habano Corojo #5 is worth a look, and I too enjoy the Papas Fritas (but not all the time.) I haven't smoked them for years, but I do remember the El Rey del Mundo as a good buy. The Plasencia 1898 is one of my go-tos and the Cuba Libre (also from Plasencia) seemed good when I tried it. I was impressed by the Pinar Del Rio Oscuro, which was a really long-lasting, solid entubado stick (they make the Obsidian stuff). On a different track, I quite like the Toscanelli dry-cure machine maduros. They are a good, quick at-work smoke for me that I can throw in my bag without worrying about humidity.

I thought the Alec Bradley "Spirt of Cuba" was garbage. And had a Cu-Avana (Intensus, I think) which had to take the cake for worst, most bizarre piece of shredded tire I've smoked. It was worth it just to make fun of for a while.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:35 AM 07-20-2014
The three best $5 nc's that have come out recently, to me:

Illusione R
Tatuaje Tattoo robusto (I think it should be cigar of the year)
Room 101 The Big Payback robustos
[Reply]
Shaneg 04:24 AM 07-20-2014
Originally Posted by shilala:
Sancho Panza maduro's and Extra Fuerte's are excellent. Or at least I think so... never had a bad one and they're always perfect and consistent.
Pardon me because I'm going to go all fanboy here. The sancho panza extra fuerte and double maduro are amazing sticks. When I say that without caveat of "budget" I mean it. It's not only a great budget stick I.e. Cigar intl. magazine retail right now is about 60/box20 with a 20$ gift card thrown in, but they look amazing have great wrappers and construction a sweet box press if that's something you are into, and the box itself is great, a lit of inexpensive smokes are cheaply packaged in either mazos or cardboard boxes, the sancho panza boxes are even awesome. If you have never tried them you need to do this.

No, I don't work for sancho panza, but it's the first cigar I ever fell in love with.
[Reply]
brigey57 03:55 PM 07-20-2014
No, I don't work for sancho panza, but it's the first cigar I ever fell in love with. To be honest with you even if you did work for them wouldn't that just be the greatest job to have?:-)

Originally Posted by Shaneg:
Pardon me because I'm going to go all fanboy here. The sancho panza extra fuerte and double maduro are amazing sticks. When I say that without caveat of "budget" I mean it. It's not only a great budget stick I.e. Cigar intl. magazine retail right now is about 60/box20 with a 20$ gift card thrown in, but they look amazing have great wrappers and construction a sweet box press if that's something you are into, and the box itself is great, a lit of inexpensive smokes are cheaply packaged in either mazos or cardboard boxes, the sancho panza boxes are even awesome. If you have never tried them you need to do this.

No, I don't work for sancho panza, but it's the first cigar I ever fell in love with.

Originally Posted by shilala:
Sancho Panza maduro's and Extra Fuerte's are excellent. Or at least I think so... but I never had a bad one and they're always perfect and consistent.

[Reply]
JohnRogers 04:01 PM 07-20-2014
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
By the way if the FDA gets their way we may not see cigars for less than $5 anymore. =(
True 'dat! Still time to chime in with the FDA.
[Reply]
SuperQ 10:08 PM 08-04-2014
Gran Habano Vintage 2002. Right around $2.50-3 bucks a stick. just got a bundle of 20from cbid for $33 bucks.
[Reply]
Dude Here 05:59 AM 08-05-2014
I'm going to jump in on the Illusione R bandwagon as well, damn tasty smoke for just under $5.

I'll add in Don Lino Africa's as well. A solid, medium bodied smoke with great construction. You can get a bundle of 20 robustos from CI for, like, $30 right now.
[Reply]
jhedrick83 08:30 AM 08-05-2014
I'm a big fan of the Illusione R, had my first a couple weeks back and was really impressed. I also like the Sancho Panza Double Maduro, and the Unholy Cocktail. Both of which can be had for less than $3 a stick if you are patient. Two more would be the Joya De Nicaragua 1970 and the Kristoff Madruo. Both can be bought from the Monster Mashup from time to time sub $5 a stick.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up