Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Need a newb that writes reviews... (Part 3)
MTBAlex 12:36 AM 05-26-2010
Get in on this guys!! Have you seen he caliber of sticks that dball sends? Talk about generous!

Plus I need something to read soon!
[Reply]
itzfrank 08:41 AM 05-26-2010
I'd love to write a review for you. My date starting here is about the same time I started smoking cigars. APR noob enough? Haha. I haven't written many reviews and the only one I did was very short and was more of a "who else enjoys these?" post. I'll provide a link if needed. I'd love to be a part of your blind test.

The cigars I have enjoyed are Ashton VSGs, Liga Privada #9, Cohiba Esplendidos, and AF Short Stories. Those are the cigars that are on my Consistent Rotation list ATM.

I'm VERY interested in writing a review for you. I'm willing to use any format for the review if you have a preference.

The reason that I think I'd be a good candidate for this is because of how fresh I am to cigars. If you're looking for a completely noob outlook on cigars, I'd be the best choice for you. I don't have a preferred flavor profile and I'm still exploring my own palette.
[Reply]
macsauce13 09:52 AM 05-26-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:
I'd love to write a review for you. My date starting here is about the same time I started smoking cigars. APR noob enough? Haha. I haven't written many reviews and the only one I did was very short and was more of a "who else enjoys these?" post. I'll provide a link if needed. I'd love to be a part of your blind test.

The cigars I have enjoyed are Ashton VSGs, Liga Privada #9, Cohiba Esplendidos, and AF Short Stories. Those are the cigars that are on my Consistent Rotation list ATM.

I'm VERY interested in writing a review for you. I'm willing to use any format for the review if you have a preference.

The reason that I think I'd be a good candidate for this is because of how fresh I am to cigars. If you're looking for a completely noob outlook on cigars, I'd be the best choice for you. I don't have a preferred flavor profile and I'm still exploring my own palette.
Newb (or anyone) who has Esplendido's in his rotation?? :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:54 AM 05-26-2010
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
Newb (or anyone) who has Esplendido's in his rotation?? :-)

Lol, yeah...wish I had any of those in my rotation! Well, I have a box of VSG's, but I'm letting those age a while :-) haha
[Reply]
itzfrank 10:33 AM 05-26-2010
I guess I shouldn't have said rotation for that one. lol. I've only had 2 but I split a box with someone.
[Reply]
Montano 12:28 PM 05-26-2010
This is great fun guys...... trust me :-)
[Reply]
jimmyk26 12:33 PM 05-26-2010
Here's my application.

I am not that new to cigars, I have enjoyed smoking cigars every once in a while but never with much attention to what I was smoking or to tasting and reviewing. Only recently have I gotten more serious about my cigars and started to take tasting and reviewing much more seriously, which is why I was driven to this forum in the first place. I have been trying everything I can get my hands on and am noticing that my preferences and interests have been shaped by my greater attention to this hobby...which just means that I am buying and smoking more cigars!

With respects to CC, I have very limited experience. Actually I have probably just smoked some Other Origin knock offs that left wondering what the big deal is really all about.

As for my reviews, here are two examples of the types of reviews I have been doing. The first was a blind tasting review that will give you some sense of how I do blind reviews. The second is a review of a cigar that I have smoked multiple times and been able to form an opinion over a series of the same cigars.

Blind Review:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32363

Standard Review:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32398

I am excited by the opportunity to learn more about cigars and their flavors and would be honored to be part of one of these famous blind tasting flights.
[Reply]
DBall 01:34 PM 05-26-2010
I'm ending applications Friday... get em in!

[Reply]
DBall 09:29 AM 05-27-2010
This closes tomorrow at midnight, fine newbs... better hurry up if you want in.

[Reply]
cigarz 08:59 PM 05-27-2010
I would like to throw my hat in the ring!

Reading the first two blind tests was very enjoyable and I would love to be one of the testers for the next installment.

I really didn't get into cigar smoking until late last summer. You see I have been a cigarette smoker off and on since my teens. In the past I tried smoking cigars (the cheap ones), as a substitute, but I ended up inhaling and that led me right back to cigarettes.

However, after cautiously sampling a couple of good, hand made cigars last summer, I found the flavor and aroma very satisfying and I was not tempted to inhale.

So I jumped in with both feet and down the slippery slope I have come!

I have to admit that a large part of the appeal is the tradition, history and great folks that are involved.

I have one review posted here, and one completed trade. I have been keeping a log of my smoke so far. While this was meant as my personal note book, I share it here so that you can see what I have smoked so far.

http://www.evernote.com/pub/mzozakiewicz/cigars

Here is the link to the review I have done:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...049#post809049

Whether or not I get to perform the reviews, I can't wait for this to get started!

Mike
[Reply]
DBall 10:09 PM 05-30-2010
Alright... now I've gotta make some decisions.

I'm surprised so few newbs wanted to smoke and review free cigars..
[Reply]
DBall 10:38 PM 05-30-2010
Brutus2600 - Brian

&

jimmyk26 - James

You guys are next on the list... :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:36 PM 05-30-2010
:-)Great choices!:-)
Congrats guys!
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 11:54 PM 05-30-2010
congrats gents! have fun with this one!
[Reply]
T.G 12:12 AM 05-31-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
:-)Great choices!:-)
Congrats guys!
[Reply]
Brutus2600 12:43 AM 05-31-2010
Thank you so much! Definitely an honor to be chosen and I'm excited about this :-) No bailing from me either...expect a one review a week minimum for sure :-)
[Reply]
jimmyk26 07:41 AM 05-31-2010
Wow. Looking forward to reviewing some cigars. Thanks so much for the opportunity.
[Reply]
cigarz 11:17 AM 06-01-2010
Congrats guys, looking forward to the review!
[Reply]
Riff Raff 12:09 PM 06-01-2010
Congrats Gentlemen! You will not be disappointed and I am sure you won't disappoint us! I know you are going to have a great time and have some wonderful cigars!

Cheers!
[Reply]
tomc3084 01:14 PM 06-01-2010
Thanks for you for your generosity Dan, part 1 and 2 were very entertaining reads
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up