Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Oh Gurkha...you're hilarious
BigCat 12:25 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:

I feel like crap. I don't have a single one.:-)
It may be time for a bombing run :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 12:35 PM 07-01-2010
When you are dealing with subjective tastes, Gentlemen, you may claim whatever you want. Capitalism is, after all, an enviable thing, when done with passion. If your marketing works? Gosh, they must have some people that don't think they suck, or for whom it simply doesn't matter. Hell, I am not a fan of Kia, but they sure seem to sell a ton of them.

I do think it is prudent to "smoke what you like, like what you smoke" and remember that we should all treat each other as brothers, no matter our tastes in cigars. I gifted many a Gurkha when I bought them as a newbie, and I gifted them with good intentions as a Brother of the Leaf, and I thought they were the best I had. I sent/gave them to people I respected when I started on this journey of cigars. I still have one of the tin signs with the red/black Gurkha and his kukri in my office not only because it looks nice, but even though I no longer purchase them, to remind me of where I once was, and many others may be in this hobby. I would like to find some other artwork to reflect where I am today as well. I am just not sure if they make any that says "Palate of a Goat" in beautiful artistic terms incorporating Partagas, LGC, Monte, etc...

Oh, and BTW.... I can correct that for you, Carlos. :-) :-)
[Reply]
TheStatsGuy 12:37 PM 07-01-2010
Great now I'm going to smoke a real cigar to make my eyes stop bleeding after reading that. Suddenly I'm craving a white owl.
[Reply]
shilala 12:47 PM 07-01-2010
Anyone remember the good old days when we sent all the Gurkhas to Vinnie? :-)
[Reply]
warren G. 12:51 PM 07-01-2010
Lol that is funny... I never tried a Gurkha before.
[Reply]
T.G 12:54 PM 07-01-2010
But Gurkha's are the Rolls Royce of cigars!

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 12:54 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle:
The last sentence says it all:

SOURCE Gurkha Cigars

:-)
I was just about to quote that myself. How is Gurkha going to quote itself for it's PR article. That's horrible.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:57 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
But Gurkha's are the Rolls Royce of cigars!

:-):-):-):-)
Do you mean to say they're like huffing on a tailpipe?
[Reply]
T.G 01:38 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Do you mean to say they're like huffing on a tailpipe?
Yeah, pretty much.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:42 PM 07-01-2010
Gurkhas were the highlight of Shack Herf IV's Punishment-Puff-Puff-Pass... that should say it all. :-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 01:48 PM 07-01-2010
Man this made me laugh.

I love the opening line:
If you thought that the Cubans are leading the world in brand identity with cigars, think again. Right now, the number one buzzword in the cigar industry is Gurkha.

Carlos, if you have a dog, just follow it around and sooner or later you'll have a Gurkha!!! :-)
[Reply]
GKitty 01:55 PM 07-01-2010
I was on my Facebook just a lil while ago and the page suggester says that 19 of my friends are fans of Ghurkas. 19?!? Y'all need to stop liking things just because they have to do with cigars. :-)

I was recently watching the season finale of Saving Grace and the title character was smoking a Ghurka. Don't know which one, but I recognized the guy on the band immediately.

I've smoked one. I didn't like it. I don't care to explore the line at this time.

Even if their blendmasters haven't figured out how to appeal to the masses, their marketing department is making Ghurka a highly visible and widely recognized brand. Good for them... and for the people who like what they do.
[Reply]
poker 01:59 PM 07-01-2010

I can arrange to have that changed for you with the help of some 420 Asylum members. :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:05 PM 07-01-2010
There are plenty of Gurkha smokers here and I always say,"smoke what you like.

But that ad is a bit much.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:08 PM 07-01-2010
Gurkhas don't have the "sweet spot" that only Nubs have. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
e-man67 02:12 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Gurkhas don't have the "sweet spot" that only Nubs have. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
We need a Gurkha Nub...best of both worlds!
[Reply]
hotreds 02:42 PM 07-01-2010
Right now, the number one buzzword in the cigar industry is Gurkha.

Which cigar indusrty, I wonder......
[Reply]
e-man67 02:43 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Right now, the number one buzzword in the cigar industry is Gurkha.

Which cigar indusrty, I wonder......
The one located in HELL! :-)
[Reply]
BFallehy 02:55 PM 07-01-2010
I was really loving this article and thread, then I realized it wasn't in the Jokes section. :-)
[Reply]
Bax 03:32 PM 07-01-2010
...and they're launching several NEW lines! I guess the 612 lines they currently have aren't quite enough, but if Jackie Chan asks for them by name then I'm sold:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up