Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 34 > Last »
Island (The other ones) Reviews>blind 10 spot review(s)
EEE 07:39 AM 07-20-2009
It should be more interesting as different sticks are revealed. To note - both of those sticks have been in my humi since early last year (March). At least Andy didn't hate the PI. :-) LOL
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:54 AM 07-20-2009
I love these blind reviews. Munch, munch (popcorn).
[Reply]
Starscream 08:27 AM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by EEE:
It should be more interesting as different sticks are revealed. To note - both of those sticks have been in my humi since early last year (March). At least Andy didn't hate the PI. :-) LOL
I didn't hate it, but it still didn't change my mind about PI. I'm still keeping an open mind, though, as your initial comment that started this all was correct. No one should write off a whole brand after smoking just one stick.:-)
[Reply]
EEE 08:29 AM 07-20-2009
I was wrong as well..... First try you were able to detect that it was a PI product. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:29 AM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
This is interesting! Andy is on the money and Mark described none of the characteristics of a DPG Blue Label.

MCS
Yeah, I was kind of surprised when I found out Mark's cigar was a Pepin Blue.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:31 AM 07-20-2009
I was wrong as well..... First try you were able to detect that it was a PI product. :-)
There are still nine more to go. I may be proven wrong yet.:-)
[Reply]
nozero 08:42 AM 07-20-2009
This is interesting. Subscribed!
:-)
[Reply]
borndead1 08:50 AM 07-20-2009
Fair enough. I will do that.

Andy#1 - Puros Indios Natural
Mark#1 - DPG Blue Label

No way! Really?????

Wow...if that was a DPG Blue, then I think the roller forgot to add ligero. :-)

CIGAR #2

Another toro sized cigar with a medium brown wrapper. Again very well constructed with a perfect draw. Pre-light draw is a faint tobacco flavor.

First few draws are quite nice. Big spice kick in the nose. Medium strength but a lot of flavor. Sweet on the draw and spice through the nose.

About 1" in...I am enjoying this cigar. Nice flavor, nice aroma coming from the foot. Good burn. The sweetness is gone. Flavors are straight earth and spice. The ash is a nice light gray, evenly colored.

Halfway...a little milder but still flavorful. Earthy flavor is dominant now with the spice in the background.

I gotta say, this is a pretty tasty cigar. A good midday smoke. Not too mild and not too strong.

I would guess that cigar #2 is NOT a Rolando Reyes cigar.

EDIT: I'm gonna throw out a wild guess as to what cigar this is.

Is it a 5 Vegas Classic?

EDIT #2: Scratch that.
[Reply]
EEE 10:09 AM 07-20-2009
Mark#2 - La Gloria Cubana
[Reply]
borndead1 10:25 AM 07-20-2009
Mark#2 - La Gloria Cubana

Aww DAMMIT! That was my second guess! :-):-):-)

Bah! I shoulda just posted it instead of doubting myself.:-)

I knew it was a Sumatra wrapper. First guess was 5 Vegas Red, second guess was LGC.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 01:25 PM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
This is interesting! Andy is on the money and Mark described none of the characteristics of a DPG Blue Label.

MCS
That's the funny part about smoking cigar blind. :-)
[Reply]
lou2row 01:57 PM 07-20-2009
Mark, your doing MI proud! Keep up the good work!

I love watching these unfold. One of the best ways to put the hype aside and find out what you really like.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:37 AM 07-21-2009
CIGAR #3

A robusto sized cigar with a light brown wrapper with blemishes. Looks like a low grade Connecticut wrapper. Pre-light draw is pure hay.

First few draws are pure hay and grass. Burn is crooked.

About 1" in...the hay and grass are not as strong but still there. Finish is bitter.

A little further...mildewy hay with a bitter finish. I'm done with this cigar.

I would guess that this cigar IS a Rolando Reyes cigar.
[Reply]
GoldnGT 09:13 AM 07-21-2009
Subscribed... gotta watch this one unfold.
[Reply]
EEE 11:43 AM 07-21-2009
Mark #3 - Reyes Family - Classic
[Reply]
Starscream 12:27 PM 07-21-2009
Wow, Mark. I gotta catch up.
[Reply]
mcmoyer 02:27 PM 07-21-2009
Mark #3 - Reyes Family - Classic
And he nails it!!

:-)
[Reply]
Coz77 05:01 PM 07-21-2009
Well done...nice thread
[Reply]
Starscream 06:36 PM 07-21-2009
Cigar #2

Construction: 6x52 dark brown, veiny wrapper

Pre-light draw: nice draw, hints of cedar

1st Third: Initial flavor is sweet. Very smooth. A slight mustiness appears, but still sweet.

2nd Third: Pretty much the same as the first third: sweet with a slight mustiness. This cigar is not complex. It's not bad, just very one-dimensional. The sweetness through the nose is more dominant. Mustiness is replaced by a leathery flavor.

Final Third: Pretty much the same as the first two thirds.

Final Thoughts: A nice medium-bodied stick. I liked the flavor, just wish it had more complexity to it. It had a nice even burn. This stick reminded me of an RP Vintage 90-92 or maybe a Cuba Libre on a good day. This is not a Reyes cigar.
[Reply]
EEE 08:11 AM 07-22-2009
Andy #2 - DPG Blue Label
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 34 > Last »
Up