Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Bundles, Seconds and Over-Runs
ZenSilk 10:40 AM 07-19-2009
I got a bundle of unbranded perfectos from TNTcigars, for about 45 bucks. They ended up being pretty delicious. Not very consistent, because 2 of the 7 I have smoked were... revolting (harsh, soapy, acrid) but the others were creamy, spicy, a bit sweet and very chocolatey. I feel I got a good deal. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 07:26 PM 07-19-2009
The Little Havana Overruns at Holt's are great. I would also recommend the Tropical Fever smokes from there as well. They only come in a thick robusto vitola, but if you're looking for a hearty Nicaraguan Puro, they're a great value.
[Reply]
punch54 07:29 PM 07-19-2009
consuegras agreat buy or la finka cassadors
[Reply]
streetglide 07:52 PM 07-19-2009
Well I'm sold. No sense in buying those highpriced $3 stick cigars, when I can be paying $2.50! :-)
[Reply]
ripper 03:10 PM 07-20-2009
I am a hound for Rocky Patel Classic 2nds from Famous Smoke Shop. Have been their customer since 1970. If this smokes like a 2nds, then I am Barnacle Bill The Sailor. They are scrumptious!
The 2nds are Rocky Patel The Edge in maduro or corojo:
http://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/rp...+maduro+cigars
[Reply]
The Poet 03:18 PM 07-20-2009
Looks like tobii3 knows what I'm talkin' about - those Connies are a steal. :-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 03:39 PM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
The Little Havana Overruns at Holt's are great. I would also recommend the Tropical Fever smokes from there as well. They only come in a thick robusto vitola, but if you're looking for a hearty Nicaraguan Puro, they're a great value.
Do those LHO III's have cellophanes on them? I ask because in my mind an un celloed cigar has a better chance of more people touching the cigar than one in a cello. I can handle the roller or the person putting the cello on it touching it, but the more people that touch it the less appealing it is to me. No cello means a much better chance someone scratched their a$$, jiggled their sack or skewered a nose nugget then touched the cigar I'm going to put in my mouth. :-)
[Reply]
ade06 03:44 PM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
Do those LHO III's have cellophanes on them? I ask because in my mind an un celloed cigar has a better chance of more people touching the cigar than one in a cello. I can handle the roller or the person putting the cello on it touching it, but the more people that touch it the less appealing it is to me. No cello means a much better chance someone scratched their a$$, jiggled their sack or skewered a nose nugget then touched the cigar I'm going to put in my mouth. :-)
A little Paranoid??? :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:52 PM 07-20-2009
Yeah, what's a little body fluid amongst friends? :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:04 PM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
Typically, there are about 400 pairs of hands that touch the tobacco that goes into making cigars.

If you touch a public doorknob or money, you are touching the most filthy things in the world with more germs than imaginable. Does that freak you out too?
[Reply]
Dunkel 05:14 PM 07-20-2009
My post was intended to be humorus. I guess with my lack of smilies and LOL's it came across as being paranoid or OCD like. (Tap Tap) Is this thing on? :-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:36 PM 07-20-2009
They are cello'd...
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 09:49 PM 07-20-2009
I personally wouldn't worry too much about things on the outside of the cigar. Plus, since the cello is added at the end of the process, I don't think it would make much of a difference between ones with it or without it.

I would be a lot more worried about strange things inside the cigar. I've read and heard about string, finger nails, splinters of wood. I even remember someone on here finding a rock/pebble in one of their cigars(but I think it was a 50-60 year old smoke though)

I have never gotten anything funky in any cigars I've smoked yet (keeping my fingers crossed while knocking on wood). As far as bundled smokes or over-runs go I don't think they'll have a greater chance of having anything strange inside or on the outside than regular production cigars, but they're cheaper and more of them are made so the probability does go up (minutely)
[Reply]
DoctorBJ 06:15 AM 09-13-2009
I like "Original Cubans" for this kinda smoke. Great for a friend who says they want a smoke, but I know damn well they'll barely touch it. They're also great when I'll be boating or someplace where they're more likely to get messed up.
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:59 AM 09-13-2009
I just got a bundle of Holts Little Havana Overruns. Should I let them age a bit before smoking, or are they good to go?
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 04:27 PM 09-13-2009
The LHO IIIs I've gotten were fine after a few days resting from their trip. I'd tell you about aging but I'm smoking them too quick!:-)
[Reply]
vankleekkw 04:35 PM 09-13-2009
I love the LHO, LHO Lights, LHO III, Famous Maduritos, C. Com (Brazilian, Corojo, Cuban, and Cameroon) for the budget minded.
[Reply]
BlackDog 04:56 PM 09-13-2009
What Dominican bundle smoke do you guys like? Do Famous or Holts have a Dominican with some good flavor and 'body'?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 05:06 PM 09-13-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
What Dominican bundle smoke do you guys like? Do Famous or Holts have a Dominican with some good flavor and 'body'?
Posted via Mobile Device
La Aurora Leoninos at CI is a fantastic Dominican smoke with a corojo wrapper. They have a good flavor and are medium-bodied. This isn't a bundle or a second, but they are priced the same.

While we're at it. Magellan Dominicans are a nice small mil change of pace cigar. Smooth and pretty tasty considering they're at 55 cents per.
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 05:15 PM 09-13-2009
ON the cuban side, Jose L Piedra Petit Cazadores

LHOs are great ROTT. Gotta slow down on these as I am firing them up way too quick.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
Up