Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Brew Masters on Discovery Channel Tonight
ODLS1 10:40 AM 11-23-2010
EDITED by icehog3:

Please handle strictly via PM. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:54 PM 11-29-2010
Missed last nights show, but a buddy told me they are playing another new show tonight.
[Reply]
b0rderman 05:46 PM 11-29-2010
your buddy is right!

a tomato based beer...fan of bloody marys and red beer, I know I it won't be like either of those, but still I am interested to see what they are going to do.
[Reply]
Wanger 06:14 AM 11-30-2010
Dogfish Head is not available in MN. At least I can run across the border to WI and hopefully find some. WOuld LOVE to try the B1tche's Brew, after seeing it on the show. Seems right up my alley. :-)
[Reply]
cricky101 08:46 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Dogfish Head is not available in MN. At least I can run across the border to WI and hopefully find some. WOuld LOVE to try the B1tche's Brew, after seeing it on the show. Seems right up my alley. :-)
Do you know of any WI stores off-hand that carry DFH? Maybe in Hudson?

My GF loves a pizza place there, so if we HAD to make a trip to get her some 'za, I think it would only make sense for me to stop and pick up some beer :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 08:59 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by cricky101:
Do you know of any WI stores off-hand that carry DFH? Maybe in Hudson?

My GF loves a pizza place there, so if we HAD to make a trip to get her some 'za, I think it would only make sense for me to stop and pick up some beer :-)
Yes, in Hudson...I did a search on their website last night, and found that they are supposed to carry it in a few stores over there. Not sure when I'd be able to head over there myself...but I'd call to see which ones they have available first.
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:18 AM 11-30-2010
Chicones and Casanova in Hudson both carry DFH. Get yourself some New Glarus too while you're there. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:24 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Chicones and Casanova in Hudson both carry DFH. Get yourself some New Glarus too while you're there. :-)
New Glarus rocks:-)
[Reply]
cricky101 09:25 AM 11-30-2010
Yes, in Hudson...I did a search on their website last night, and found that they are supposed to carry it in a few stores over there. Not sure when I'd be able to head over there myself...but I'd call to see which ones they have available first.
Awesome. Thanks!
[Reply]
b0rderman 10:03 AM 11-30-2010
can we NOT talk about New Glarus....:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:07 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by b0rderman:
can we NOT talk about New Glarus....:-)
Whenever I'm up in the North Woods, I have to stock up on New Glarus. My favorites from them are Moon Man, Fat Squirrel, and Totally Naked. Just thought I would share my favs with you:-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 11:01 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Whenever I'm up in the North Woods, I have to stock up on New Glarus. My favorites from them are Moon Man, Fat Squirrel, and Totally Naked. Just thought I would share my favs with you:-)
Plus, don't forget Wisconsin Red and Raspberry Tart.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:06 AM 11-30-2010
Plus, don't forget Wisconsin Red and Raspberry Tart.
I've never had the Red or the Raspberry Tart but I'm sure they are great:-)
[Reply]
Bill86 11:12 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
t'll go to markets where we already sell except NH, MI & TN (so sorry to folks there!)"

For TN - I'm hearing it was sent there the first go-around, which means it will go there again. Our compliance person is out today, so hopefully I'll know more in the next few days!"
The 2nd comment better be the case! I want more!
[Reply]
b0rderman 07:23 PM 11-30-2010
this is BS...
[Reply]
Wanger 06:40 AM 12-01-2010
The wife talked to someone at the liquor store at Festival in Centerville last night, and was told that Casanova was the place to go for DFH in Hudson.
[Reply]
Eleven 07:34 AM 12-01-2010
I gotta say, I am tired of the reality shows about every day jobs. I love beer as much as, if not more than the average guy, but I also love tattoos, motorcycles and garage sales.

I am bored to death with the 'manufactured drama' these shows come up with. Kat is moody and wants to leave Miami Ink, something breaks at OCC and they might miss a deadline, a giant bottle of glue spills and makes a mess at DFH.

Who cares? These shows are ruining my interests and hobbies. How long before the guys at DFH have a falling out we get to see some re-hashed Kat vs Ami, Sr. vs Jr, or "OMG we have to get back to the base because we have some arbitrary date that we have to rip off this old man and steal his rare collection of bottle caps by!"

I watched the first episode of Brew Masters hoping it would not be like American Chopper, Miami Ink, LA Ink, Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Storm Chasers, American Pickers, Ace of Cakes, Cup Cake Wars, American Loggers, Auction Kings, Deadliest Catch, Lobster Wars, BBQ Pitmasters, Kate Plus 8, 19 Kids and Counting, Fabulous Cakes, The Little Couple, Its Me Or The Dog, Pit Boss, Ice Road Truckers, IRT Deadliest Roads, Swamp People, Ax men, After The Catch...

But it was.

It was exactly the same as all of those other shows. Too bad.
[Reply]
cricky101 09:45 AM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
I watched the first episode of Brew Masters hoping it would not be like American Chopper, Miami Ink, LA Ink, Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Storm Chasers, American Pickers, Ace of Cakes, Cup Cake Wars, American Loggers, Auction Kings, Deadliest Catch, Lobster Wars, BBQ Pitmasters, Kate Plus 8, 19 Kids and Counting, Fabulous Cakes, The Little Couple, Its Me Or The Dog, Pit Boss, Ice Road Truckers, IRT Deadliest Roads, Swamp People, Ax men, After The Catch...

But it was.

It was exactly the same as all of those other shows. Too bad.
Dirty Jobs!
[Reply]
cricky101 09:47 AM 12-01-2010
The wife talked to someone at the liquor store at Festival in Centerville last night, and was told that Casanova was the place to go for DFH in Hudson.
Might have to drive over on Sunday and do some shopping. (Because you can do that in Wisconsin on Sunday :-))
[Reply]
safariguy 11:23 AM 12-01-2010
I have watched two episodes. I like the parts that show how the beer is made and the logistics and such things. Can't stand the showcasing of the owner (Sam?) and treating him like he is some famous rock start. And what is with all the hugging that these guys do? Overall I give the show a solid B.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up