Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cutting cigars in half?
waffle 01:03 PM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Atleast he's not a communist. :-)
:-) you ever heading north of the river and not to Cippewa State?
[Reply]
Chingas 03:40 PM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Did they actually come with the boxes? It said "bundles" so I assumed the boxes themselves were not included or I might have ordered one or two.
Mario, for shits and giggles I ordered a "bundle" a while back. Alltho at that time I don't remember seeing bundle, I remember box and it DID NOT come in a box, which totaly blows.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:14 PM 08-01-2010
Bury them. Cut them in half. Decorate them with a Bedazzler. What's next ladies and germs?

MCS
[Reply]
timj219 04:29 PM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
Oh yeah, this won't work if you cut it length-wise. :-)
That must be the "canoeing" I've read about
[Reply]
icehog3 05:35 PM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Bury them. Cut them in half. Decorate them with a Bedazzler. What's next ladies and germs?

MCS
Maybe someone will smoke one. :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:51 PM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Maybe someone will smoke one. :-)
I went ahead and did that tonight. Went pretty well for me. Cut the cap, light it, and smoke it. Simple but effective.

MCS
[Reply]
Chingas 08:52 PM 08-01-2010
I went ahead and did that tonight. Went pretty well for me. Cut the cap, light it, and smoke it. Simple but effective.

MCS
Well played Scott. Wise choice.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:19 PM 08-01-2010
Your cigars, do what you want.

I'd make sure to have some pectin on hand since you are likely to need to secure the wrapper on both halves.

Or it's gonna take a lot more pectin than first imagined.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:41 PM 08-01-2010
1) The Cigar will unravel
2) You don't get the full complexity of the cigar since they can and do change through the cigar.
3) Just pick a smaller cigar unless you think that buying a churchill and cutting it in half will save you $$...if that is your mindset than it's prob best not to go further into this hobby.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:21 PM 08-01-2010

MCS
This should be a sticky, Scott! :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 12:37 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
1) The Cigar will unravel
2) You don't get the full complexity of the cigar since they can and do change through the cigar.
3) Just pick a smaller cigar unless you think that buying a churchill and cutting it in half will save you $$...if that is your mindset than it's prob best not to go further into this hobby.
A little spit keeps the wrapper in place quite well. And as I said before, the complexity issue doesn't matter with a cheap stick. If I want a 15-20 minute smoke then cutting a cheapie in half foots the bill quite nicely, and tastes a ton better than any of the cigarillo style cigars out there from the major companies. A PC size cigar lasts about 40 minutes for me, and that won't work on the drive to work or for a lunch time smoke at work. I still mainly smoke full size, and sometimes expensive sticks, this is just a quick work-around for when I have limited time. I'm not trying to convince anyone that thinks it's dumb to jump into it but the OP asked about it and I wanted to offer up some of my experience on the issue.
[Reply]
T.G 12:49 AM 08-02-2010

MCS
It's been awhile since we've had a "Can you smoke a cigar backwards?" thread.
[Reply]
sevans105 01:43 AM 08-02-2010
I gave a cigar to a guy yesterday....he huffed and puffed for 5 minutes before I let him know he needed to clip the cap....kinda funny. I even offered to clip it first..."oh no, I got this, I've smoked a ton of cigars" Made my night.
[Reply]
Chingas 02:49 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by sevans105:
I gave a cigar to a guy yesterday....he huffed and puffed for 5 minutes before I let him know he needed to clip the cap....kinda funny. I even offered to clip it first..."oh no, I got this, I've smoked a ton of cigars" Made my night.
Awesome!
[Reply]
DougBushBC 03:30 AM 08-02-2010
To the OP: Is your question about the Mya cigars that are made on Belvedere Rd in West Palm Beach?
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:46 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
A little spit keeps the wrapper in place quite well. And as I said before, the complexity issue doesn't matter with a cheap stick. If I want a 15-20 minute smoke then cutting a cheapie in half foots the bill quite nicely, and tastes a ton better than any of the cigarillo style cigars out there from the major companies. A PC size cigar lasts about 40 minutes for me, and that won't work on the drive to work or for a lunch time smoke at work. I still mainly smoke full size, and sometimes expensive sticks, this is just a quick work-around for when I have limited time. I'm not trying to convince anyone that thinks it's dumb to jump into it but the OP asked about it and I wanted to offer up some of my experience on the issue.
Hey buddy... do what you want with your cigars :-)

Me and the Thursday night guys just like to break your balls about it. :-) I wouldn't do it, but if it works for you :-)
[Reply]
STEVE S 06:35 AM 08-02-2010
You can cut a cigar in half, but you will not get the same taste from either half.
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 06:51 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Hey buddy... do what you want with your cigars :-)

Me and the Thursday night guys just like to break your balls about it. :-) I wouldn't do it, but if it works for you :-)
THIS coming from the guy who lights BOTH ends and a punch whole in the middle and "shotguns" the cigar.
~tisk tisk tisk~ :-) (I'll waive your flag for you Dan)

[Reply]
Virginia_Ghost 06:53 AM 08-02-2010
Your cigars, do what you want.

I'd make sure to have some pectin on hand since you are likely to need to secure the wrapper on both halves.

That would have been good for us Noobs to know at the Beginning of this thread.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:03 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by WhoDeySchenk:
THIS coming from the guy who lights BOTH ends and a punch whole in the middle and "shotguns" the cigar.
~tisk tisk tisk~ :-) (I'll waive your flag for you Dan)

I did that b/c that cigar (Flor de Oliva Maduro) sucked. It sucked even worse with both sides lit.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up