Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 199 of 350
« First < 99149189197198199 200201209249299 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigFrank 03:08 PM 05-10-2010
Edit if you have any specific questions Catfish feel free to pm me or ask me here. Helped a friend who lives out of town set his home gym up in his garage.
catfish2 08:19 PM 05-10-2010
I've put a hell of a lot of thought into this (more than you would believe). I have a severe height restriction at this point and time in my life. No rack that I've found would work. As far as the quality goes, From all the info that I could gather, It's made to take a lot of abuse. It's a leverage machine so there's no cables to wear out. It's a free weight Olympic plate machine, so it will handle a lot of weight. Finally, I'm satisfied with the exercises it offers. Like I said I've put a hell of a lot of thought into this.
BigFrank 08:20 PM 05-10-2010
What's the height restraint?
catfish2 09:16 PM 05-10-2010
79 inches tall
PeteSB75 06:41 AM 05-11-2010
Originally Posted by catfish2:
79 inches tall
That's damn short. No way you'd be able to do anything with the bar above your head if you are over about 5' tall. How tall are you?

Back/Shoulders this morning for me. Hang cleans, press, bent-over rows, and pull-up assists. Good stuff.
Mugen910 07:15 AM 05-11-2010
Last night was two exercises per upper body part (back, chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders) focusing on slow clean movements with lighter weights.

It's funny when I you're doing slow DB curls on an incline bench with 20lbs and the kid next to you, prob 10 yrs younger and about 70lbs lighter, is jerking his whole body around to toss up 30-35lbs. I swear my calves were bigger than his thighs. :-)

Ordered some protein mix from drugstore.com yesterday (Pete their prices were a bit better + cashback)
Can anyone confirm my reading/understanding from bb.com and mags.
Frank, I looked for that workout routine you sent way back and I don't think I can follow that anymore because I'm still rehabing my knee.
icehog3 10:13 AM 05-11-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
That's damn short. No way you'd be able to do anything with the bar above your head if you are over about 5' tall. How tall are you?
PeteSB75 10:45 AM 05-11-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Last night was two exercises per upper body part (back, chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders) focusing on slow clean movements with lighter weights.

It's funny when I you're doing slow DB curls on an incline bench with 20lbs and the kid next to you, prob 10 yrs younger and about 70lbs lighter, is jerking his whole body around to toss up 30-35lbs. I swear my calves were bigger than his thighs. :-)

Ordered some protein mix from drugstore.com yesterday (Pete their prices were a bit better + cashback)
  • Casein is good for the body first thing in the AM and last thing before bed. Y/N
  • Whey is good through the day and/or post workout. Y/N
  • Almonds help curb appetite?

Frank, I looked for that workout routine you sent way back and I don't think I can follow that anymore because I'm still rehabing my knee.
You're just HUGE!! :-) :-) You make all the other bois in the gym look like gurly-men :-)

Tom, I think the dyed blonde hair is the funniest part of that picture. Brilliant!
Mugen910 10:49 AM 05-11-2010
You're just HUGE!! :-) :-) You make all the other bois in the gym look like gurly-men :-)

Tom, I think the dyed blonde hair is the funniest part of that picture. Brilliant!
No man..I meant that those kids are more concerned about the number on the sides or the weights versus lifting right. Some day I want to grow up to be as big as you Pete!

oh and that blonde haired thing freaks me out.
PeteSB75 11:47 AM 05-11-2010
No man..I meant that those kids are more concerned about the number on the sides or the weights versus lifting right. Some day I want to grow up to be as big as you Pete!

oh and that blonde haired thing freaks me out.
It's not my fault, being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise...

Best movie of all time.

Seriously though, you should school those little children. It's always the huge guys and the women in my gym using all the little dumbells. Most of the kids don't look past their own reflection in the mirror.
Mugen910 12:10 PM 05-11-2010
speaking of which..I was at the gym last week and had this guy (very avg with no muscle definition) do 1 set of curls and then walk over to the mirror and check out the progress :-)
PeteSB75 12:17 PM 05-11-2010
speaking of which..I was at the gym last week and had this guy (very avg with no muscle definition) do 1 set of curls and then walk over to the mirror and check out the progress :-)
You see the improvement right away, don't you? WTF?!! I must be doing it wrong :-)
BigFrank 04:54 PM 05-11-2010

• Casein is good for the body first thing in the AM and last thing before bed. Y/N
  • Whey is good through the day and/or post workout. Y/N
  • Almonds help curb appetite?

ok let me know what's new and we can tweak it or get you a new one.
I would just get a blend thats 50/50 whey to casien. I just drink whey whenever. Im not that concerned about how fast my body consumes it. I just want the protein.
catfish2 07:17 PM 05-11-2010

Back/Shoulders this morning for me. Hang cleans, press, bent-over rows, and pull-up assists. Good stuff.

I'm somewhere around 5'-10" or 5'-11". Sitting on the bench I will have enough reach room for over head exercises. By the ceiling height is actually closer to 80 inches.
GreekGodX 07:31 PM 05-11-2010
I'm with Frank on this.. Power rack is an essential piece of workout equipment that a lot of people don't use and they should.

Don, sounds like with you space limitations you would be better off getting a gym membership. :-)
GreekGodX 07:32 PM 05-11-2010
And yes Bao, almonds do curve hunger :-)
Mugen910 08:43 PM 05-11-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
And yes Bao, almonds do curve hunger :-)
too bad I can't stop snacking on them :-)

Frank I'll pm ya :-)
catfish2 09:21 PM 05-11-2010
Thanks a lot, Tom. That picture is going to give me nightmares tonight.
trader1974 08:37 AM 05-12-2010
Hit chest and shoulders yesterday. First time I've done shoulders in awhile and I'm paying for it today. Just hope I don't have to reach anything off a top shelf.:-)
The Professor 09:34 AM 05-12-2010
hit chest & tris on Monday (international chest & tris day). hit lats & bis today. I'll probably do shoulders tomorrow and some leg & lower back stretching on Friday.

the slow road to recovery....
Page 199 of 350
« First < 99149189197198199 200201209249299 > Last »
Up