Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 198 of 350
« First < 98148188196197198 199200208248298 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Mugen910 08:58 PM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Sounds like a good excuse to me. And don't worry, we won't judge you for that. :-)
:-) Thanks Pete

Not sure what 5 days out means for you BigFrank but best of luck to ya :-)
icehog3 09:20 PM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
:-) Thanks Pete

Not sure what 5 days out means for you BigFrank but best of luck to ya :-)
From his meet. :-)
Mugen910 09:24 PM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
From his meet. :-)
DUDE!!! That is awesome..Best of luck to you Frank! :-)
PeteSB75 06:48 AM 05-06-2010
Chest and arms this morning. Flat bench, incline DBs, 21s and finished up with dips. Spin again tomorrow, and probably Saturday as well.
Mugen910 07:02 AM 05-06-2010
Light PT last night because my knee isn't feeling up to par :-)

Then went to the gym after: flat bench, db shoulder press, curls, over the head triceps extension, flat bar row. :-)
GreekGodX 02:56 AM 05-07-2010
Thinking about building a sled from some old tires.. Probably just use a weight belt as a harness. I'm just not sure where to feed it into the tire. Could go straight through or put it through the wheel in the middle. I just don't want it to flip while it's getting pulled, but this could be resolved by adding more weight. :-)
BigFrank 06:58 AM 05-07-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Thinking about building a sled from some old tires.. Probably just use a weight belt as a harness. I'm just not sure where to feed it into the tire. Could go straight through or put it through the wheel in the middle. I just don't want it to flip while it's getting pulled, but this could be resolved by adding more weight. :-)
Not sure about that one. I know a few guys who just purchased a piece of steel and got a pipe welding in the middle and and ring on one end and pulled it like that.

If your going balls cheap. I would just get some rope, tie up 2-4 45 pound plates and drag em.
BigFrank 06:59 AM 05-07-2010
Final day before the meet.
My forearm is still a little tender. I'm sure it will flare up at the meet.
I'll post up mucho after the meet.
Mugen910 07:16 AM 05-07-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Best of luck brother!
icehog3 10:51 AM 05-07-2010
KICK ASS, FRANK!! :-) :-)
PeteSB75 10:56 AM 05-07-2010
Knock em dead Frank! :-):-)
Mugen910 08:05 PM 05-08-2010
Hope the meet went well Frank.. :-)

Another upper body day. I'll prob give it another 2 weeks of this before I can start focusing on specific muscles on different days.
alwayslit 08:15 PM 05-08-2010
Finally got some weight work in after 8 weeks of trying to get my right elbow to heal. Took a shot of NO and some volumize. Felt okay but the elbow is still stiff......oh well. See what Monday will bring.
BigFrank 06:49 AM 05-09-2010
Meet report. I might post the full write up in it's own thread. I've got some videos and pictures. Not sure what to do with the videos. Anyways I'll just give a break down of the lifts, more info to follow.
Squats
#1-600 3 lights
#2-640 3 reds
#3-640 " "
Bench
#1-430- 2reds 1 white, after pressing I threw it right into the rack no lift
#2-445-3 whites
#3-475 stapled 3 reds
Deadlifts
#1-600 3 whites
#2-625 small hitch at top no good 2 reds 1 white
#3-625 totally gassed 3 reds

The meet took ****ing forever. Got to the meet @8:50am and didn't leave until ~7pm. Weighed in a 264.5lbs I finished squatting a 1pm and didn't bench until 4pm. Pulling was a little after 6pm. The meet didn't supply any warm-up equipment and there was no where to sit. Sat on gym equipment pushed into a corner and warmed up on the main equipment. Only being in a few meets so far, this was by far the worst run. Had a lot of trouble getting ramped up to squat early in the morning. Also eating was impossible due to nerves. Every time I ate something I felt sick and my stomach felt awful. I wasn't sure if I had to poo, fart or mystery happenings inside me. Benching felt good. But my 3rd attempt I was tired and felt like crap. Deadlifting was similar. Everything hurts. Taking a few weeks off. Back to the gym to drop some weight, back down to 242 and get stronger.
Happy lifting brothers.
Mugen910 08:45 AM 05-09-2010
Post up a link to the videos Frank....I am sure we'd all love to see them brother. It sounds like the meet could have been run much better but either way :-) to you for being such a monster.
Posted via Mobile Device
icehog3 10:20 AM 05-09-2010
Some great lifts there Frank....sucks that the meet was so poorly run, as the conditions probably brought down your totals, but kudos to you for kickin' ass, and now rest up and come back even stronger. :-)
PeteSB75 12:33 PM 05-09-2010
Good lifts Frank :-) Sorry to hear it wasn't the best experience, but still, great job. Get stronger for the next one. :-) And post up links to some videos for sure!
catfish2 10:11 PM 05-09-2010
Three small things:

1.) I just received an order from bodybuilding.com. My free gift was a tape measure designed to measure body parts (arms and legs). It's real cool, and perfect for measuring stuff like your upper arms.

2.) I've just started running the mile and a half again on Saturday for the Crook County test. I haven't run all winter. Luckily it came right back to me, thank goodness.

3.) I've been looking to get a multi-purpose workout bench for quite a while. I've decided on the powertec multi bench system. It fits my needs in every area, and from all the info that I could get is that It's a well made machine. As soon as I get the money I'll most likely get one. Do any of you guys have any info?
Mugen910 09:25 AM 05-10-2010
upper body last night 2 exercises per part with minimal rest periods. I had the energy last night so I went for it.

Sorry Carfish2, I have no info on home gym stuff.
BigFrank 03:00 PM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by catfish2:

3.) I've been looking to get a multi-purpose workout bench for quite a while. I've decided on the powertec multi bench system. It fits my needs in every area, and from all the info that I could get is that It's a well made machine. As soon as I get the money I'll most likely get one. Do any of you guys have any info?
You'd be better off getting a power rack, adjustable bench and a bar + weights. My personal experience and opinion lead me to say that multi purpose workout equipment like that is a HUGE piece of **** and waste of money.
A Power rack , adjustable bench and bar + weight not only will allow you to get more for your money, but in the long run will allow you to work every body part. And if things turn bottoms up, what I recommended has a higher resale value compared to some worthless whatever the fuk piece of **** you are going to waste your money on.
The costs would be extremely close. Weight + bar and adjustable bench can be purchased anywhere. Cheaper because you can pick it up yourself. Or check craigslist there is usually both on there every week. Power rack's can be purchased online or check local areas. If you shop around, I'm sure, hell I'd bet a paycheck you could save yourself a lot of money.
Page 198 of 350
« First < 98148188196197198 199200208248298 > Last »
Up