Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 196 of 350
« First < 96146186194195196 197198206246296 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 10:28 AM 04-17-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Sounds like a nasty contusion or something there Tom. Stay away from that death trap Smith Machine. I just hope you don't squat in it...lolololol :-)
Never squatted in it even once, Frank. :-)

I use it for late in the workouts when I am tired, this was near the end of my arm workout. I tried to rack it high to be ready for my next set, and just didn't get the hooks all the way around. Guess I am lucky that it held for a couple seconds so it didn't hit me in the chest or ribcage. :-)

Went to the ER about 2 hours later after one of my coworkers saw it while I changed in the locker room and almost passed out. Hopefully I will be good enough for the gym in a couple days and back on the ice in a week.
PeteSB75 07:32 AM 04-20-2010
That sucks Tom. Ice it up and chew some advil, you'll be fine :-) There are worse places to be hit with a bar.

Frank, you taking some deload/off time before the meet?

Shoulders/back for me today. Press, pullup assists, side/front lat raises and a little rowing make for a good morning.
BigFrank 02:42 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
That sucks Tom. Ice it up and chew some advil, you'll be fine :-) There are worse places to be hit with a bar.

Frank, you taking some deload/off time before the meet?

Shoulders/back for me today. Press, pullup assists, side/front lat raises and a little rowing make for a good morning.
My last heavy squat workout was last night. Last heavy Bench will be this Wed. Next week I go in once, and do a full body workout. All light high rep crap, then a full week off.
GreekGodX 05:43 AM 04-21-2010
Added some good mornings to my workout. I feel like my deadlift has plateued, and when this happens I hit good mornings :-) Hopefully that will do the trick.

I think the best scenario for my grip is to just keep trying to get stronger. I'll use the wrist straps sparingly, and one I can overhand grip upwards of 300lbs then I'll try em out again.

Hope everything is ok with the leg Pops :-) You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.
icehog3 09:55 AM 04-21-2010
Thanks Son....I see my orthopedic doc this afternoon.
PeteSB75 10:09 AM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
My last heavy squat workout was last night. Last heavy Bench will be this Wed. Next week I go in once, and do a full body workout. All light high rep crap, then a full week off.
Knock em dead Frank!
PeteSB75 10:36 AM 04-22-2010
Chest and arms, mostly arms, this morning. Bench, push-ups off the bench, 21s, supinating db curls, skull crushers, close grip press, and bench dips. Good stuff, haven't done a primarily arm workout in quite some time. Bit surprised by how much more weight I can handle on the triceps side since the main thing I've been doing for them is dips.
DavenportESQ 08:50 PM 04-22-2010
Hope everyone is well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuNYj...eature=channel
BigFrank 03:20 PM 04-23-2010
I hate that ****ing guy.
kenstogie 11:52 AM 04-26-2010
Best place for WHEY?? Online or not.
icehog3 11:58 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Best place for WHEY?? Online or not.
bodybuiliding dot com

ON (Optimal Nutrition) 100% Whey Gold Standard...I prefer the rocky road, tastes like a milkshake in skim milk, and even tastes good with water.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
icehog3 12:00 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
bodybuiliding dot com

ON (Optimal Nutrition) 100% Whey Gold Standard...I prefer the rocky road, tastes like a milkshake in skim milk, and even tastes good with water.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
Actually, FitRX has a better sale price right now.

http://www.fitrx.com/fitrx/detail_pa...80&i_brand=118
PeteSB75 02:24 PM 04-26-2010
I like the ON 100% Gold Standard Whey, but I have to go with Cookies and Cream over Rocky Road. The Rocky Road has a weird aftertaste I don't really like unless I mix in yogurt or fruit. My fiance likes it better though. :-)
The Professor 03:07 PM 04-26-2010
Good ... that'll help you get used to the feeling of your fiance being RIGHT! :-)

First weekday not going to the gym by choice. :-) I hate it; but I want to give my body a little more of a chance to recover without doing any cardio or anything.

Next week, I'll start back doing things carefully, though....
icehog3 04:05 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Good ... that'll help you get used to the feeling of your fiance being RIGHT! :-)

First weekday not going to the gym by choice. :-) I hate it; but I want to give my body a little more of a chance to recover without doing any cardio or anything.

Next week, I'll start back doing things carefully, though....
Tell me about it Doc, today is day 12 out of the gym for me, and I doubt I will be back for at least another week. I guess we both need to be careful in our reckless abandon. :-)
BigFrank 06:16 PM 04-26-2010
www.dpsnutrition.com is where I order from. I was on the Rocky Road train but now I just get double rich chocolate. I have actually been getting 10lb bags of chocolate from dymatize. for 61 bucks for 10lbs I really cannot beat that.

tonight was light box squats with a safety bar. No more squatting til the meet. Forearm is a little banged up. Some tendinitis still flaring in there. Last heavy bench Wed, then coast til meet.
DBall 07:46 PM 04-26-2010
Been going back to the gym lately... strength is still there and I'm happy about it. My elbow is feeling normal-ish again and I can work out and not be in pain now (for the most part).

Thinking about trying some creatine, but don't have the first clue where to begin, if it comes like a milkshake (I really like those protein milkshakes at the gym), how to use it properly (like... before or after workouts, how much), etc, etc.

I'm going to do some research but any opinions from people here will be welcomed.

Shizz... I'm just glad I can work out again and not be in unbearable pain. I'm happy with the PT and the work they did there. :-)
Tripp 08:44 PM 04-26-2010
I wouldn't call myself an iron pumper like you guys, but I thought I'd chime in with where I buy supps.

I usually order from www.prosource.net, and I used to order from www.supplementwarehouse.com. Prosource generally has great, with reasonable shipping. SupplementWarehouse has LOW prices on most products, and lower prices on products that are near or past their expiration date(some which expired YEARS ago, be sure to check), though their shipping is pretty ridiculous unless you qualify for free shipping.

As far as protien, I'm still looking for the perfect one. Some pretty good ones I've tried are Syntha-6(Great taste, but carbs and fat are a bit high for me), Supreme Protein(Tastes pretty good, and acceptable nutritional content as well), and NitroWhey Extreme(reat Protien/Calorie ratio, at 100 cal/22g protien, with minimal fat/carbs, and has some supplements added like Arginine. Unfortunately, it tastes sort of like melted plastic:/)

Hope this helps!
PeteSB75 07:10 AM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Hmm, she seems to feel that any time I decide to argue with her about whether or not she is right constitutes a license to punch me. Of course this happens with more frequency and effort when I am right. Fortunately, I don't bruise easily...

Heavy back/shoulders today. Decided I needed to mix it up a little today, started off with hang cleans, then standing overhead press, lat pulldowns, and finished with HS high rows. I've already got the tightness between my shoulder blades that says I'm going to be sore tomorrow. Good stuff.
PeteSB75 06:57 AM 04-28-2010
Shoulders/upper back very sore today. I think enough to call for some icyhot when I get home tonight... Spin this morning. Good stuff.
Page 196 of 350
« First < 96146186194195196 197198206246296 > Last »
Up