Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 196 of 225
« First < 96146186194195196 197198206 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
Starscream 08:43 PM 10-11-2012
Fuggin BS and a complete waste. The Giants didn't win a game this series until today. We lost game 3 and 4 on our own. Game 3 due to errors and game 4 due to Cueto. Giants won today where it counted, that douchebag Posey hit the GD Grandslam. I'm fired up and mad, so excuse the GD remark. I had to hit the vodka to take the sting away. Adam has it right b/c he doesn't set himself up for failure like Dan, Hugh, and I do. He always expects the worst which dictates that he can't be emotionally attached or upset when these things happen.

We won more games than any Reds team since the BRM, yet we lost in the first round. Good thing is that in 2010, the Phillies kicked our @sses. This year we kicked our own @sses. In a year or two no one will kick our @ss, not even ourselves. The national media kept hyping the second coming of the BRM, well the BRM lost playoff games before they won the whole F'n show. It will happen, and we're due. We haven't won a playoff series in 17 years, or a WS in 22 years. It's our time now (or soon to be).
[Reply]
hotreds 08:45 PM 10-11-2012
Now that you're all lathered up, why not shave?
[Reply]
Starscream 08:48 PM 10-11-2012
Chippawastud, I will make one more statement that you may not agree with. You like to say that the Reds announcers are all Homers, and I disagree entirely. I'm a radio guy over the tv crew. Marty is very critical of this team. This year, Thom and Chris were critical too. I have complained about Jim Kelch all year for his lack of baseball knowledge and lack of enthusiasm, but Kelch looks like a HallofFamer compared to this terrible TBS announce team. Joe Simpson needs to give up altogether. He's horrible. Thanks to FSO and MLB.tv for showing me that us Reds fans are blessed to have such great announcers/playbyplay guys. I'll never complain about Jim Kelch again after listening to the TBS crap this week.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:59 PM 10-11-2012
Did not expect the best home team in the NL to be the first team ever to win the first two on the road and then lose all three at home. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:59 PM 10-11-2012
Oh and for the record, my fourth and final child will be here on Oct19th. Her name is Abigail Rose Sutherland. Guess where the Middle name Rose came from. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:02 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Oh and for the record, my fourth and final child will be here on Oct19th. Her name is Abigail Rose Sutherland. Guess where the Middle name Rose came from. :-)
She will be as sweet as a rose? :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:18 PM 10-11-2012
Well, that sucked.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:24 PM 10-11-2012
It will happen, and we're due. We haven't won a playoff series in 17 years, or a WS in 22 years. It's our time now (or soon to be).
By that logic, looks like the Cubs are a shoe-in in 2013! :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:59 AM 10-12-2012
You mean her middle name will not be "Stubbs?"
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:13 AM 10-12-2012
Chippawastud, I will make one more statement that you may not agree with. You like to say that the Reds announcers are all Homers, and I disagree entirely. I'm a radio guy over the tv crew. Marty is very critical of this team. This year, Thom and Chris were critical too. I have complained about Jim Kelch all year for his lack of baseball knowledge and lack of enthusiasm, but Kelch looks like a HallofFamer compared to this terrible TBS announce team. Joe Simpson needs to give up altogether. He's horrible. Thanks to FSO and MLB.tv for showing me that us Reds fans are blessed to have such great announcers/playbyplay guys. I'll never complain about Jim Kelch again after listening to the TBS crap this week.
No, I actually enjoy the radio guys (most of the time), the TV ones are the guys who try and convince you how great players like Stubbs are. The radio guys were very critical of the team, particularly Dusty during yesterdays game. TBS announcers almost feel like throw-away announcers, I'm not a big fan of most of ESPN's guys either, but it is tough to always make baseball interesting. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:14 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
You mean her middle name will not be "Stubbs?"
Might be better for Andy's sanity later in life when she starts dating. She would 'strikeout' with the guys. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:28 AM 10-12-2012
good one! Then again, all she needs is to hit one "home run!"
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:02 PM 10-15-2012
Dusty signs his extension. Not sure how to feel about this. :-)

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseb...sion-with-reds
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:02 PM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Dusty signs his extension. Not sure how to feel about this. :-)

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseb...sion-with-reds
I like it. You have to reward a guy for getting the 2nd best record in the entire MLB
[Reply]
Starscream 04:00 PM 10-15-2012
First skipper to get us to the playoffs twice since Sparky. No way the FO was gonna let him go without a fight. I dont agree with his every move nor his lineups, but it was a forgone conclusion that he was gonna get asked back.
[Reply]
hotreds 06:40 PM 10-15-2012
He's NOT the one that didn't hit in the clutch!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:46 PM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
He's NOT the one that didn't hit in the clutch!
He IS the guy who fills out the lineup card every day. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:49 PM 10-15-2012
Unless we get a leadoff hitter and cleanup hitter, Dusty is gonna keep marching Ktubbs out there every week. Frazier has the potential to be a cleanup hitter, but I wouldn't start him out there next year. Hopefully no more Rolen after this year, maybe a miracle will happen and some poor club will actually want Ktubbs in the offseason.

Luddy was great this year, but doubt he'll be back. Please don't overpay when he turns down the option to test the market, Walt.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:52 PM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Might be better for Andy's sanity later in life when she starts dating. She would 'strikeout' with the guys. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:30 PM 10-15-2012
Unless we get a leadoff hitter and cleanup hitter, Dusty is gonna keep marching Ktubbs out there every week. Frazier has the potential to be a cleanup hitter, but I wouldn't start him out there next year. Hopefully no more Rolen after this year, maybe a miracle will happen and some poor club will actually want Ktubbs in the offseason.

Luddy was great this year, but doubt he'll be back. Please don't overpay when he turns down the option to test the market, Walt.
From the sounds of it, hopefully Stubbs already has a foot out the door. They are reportedly having Hamilton play CF all fall/winter/next season. I surely hope his skill set tranfers better to the Big Show than the last over-hyped/under-performing CF/Leadoff hitter the Reds had. :-)

If Ludwick can be had for around $5 mil., I think the Reds would be well suited to sign him up. :-)
[Reply]
Page 196 of 225
« First < 96146186194195196 197198206 > Last »
Up