Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 194 of 350
« First < 94144184192193194 195196204244294 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
PeteSB75 11:27 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by MortonMilo:
I can almost picture it. We'll see if I'm flexible enough to give it a go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79rrtqN_pME

This might help?
The Professor 12:11 PM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79rrtqN_pME

This might help?
That is EXACTLY it. :-)
icehog3 03:44 PM 04-01-2010
Gotcha. You don't take a planned week off every few months?
Not "planned" per se, Pete, but I do try to train instinctively and listen to my body when it needs a rest. Generally 2 or 3 vacations or travels herfs a year get me those rest weeks by default. :-)
PeteSB75 04:43 PM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not "planned" per se, Pete, but I do try to train instinctively and listen to my body when it needs a rest. Generally 2 or 3 vacations or travels herfs a year get me those rest weeks by default. :-)
Sounds like a good reason to me ::-) :-)
icehog3 04:46 PM 04-01-2010
Sounds like a good reason to me ::-) :-)
The best, Pete. :-)
GreekGodX 05:47 PM 04-01-2010
So lets talk about my new wrist straps. I don't think I'm using them correctly. It doesn't feel like it is helping me grip the weight anymore than I was without them.. The thing is I don't think there is a way to put them on wrong. :-)
The Professor 06:41 PM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
So lets talk about my new wrist straps. I don't think I'm using them correctly. It doesn't feel like it is helping me grip the weight anymore than I was without them.. The thing is I don't think there is a way to put them on wrong. :-)
Are you wrapping them around the bar tightly?
BigFrank 06:44 PM 04-01-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4-L...eature=related
BigFrank 06:46 PM 04-01-2010
Benched my balls off last night
395x5,8
lockouts 565x5

only things of note
MortonMilo 06:56 PM 04-01-2010
wowthatsalottabench
The Professor 04:58 PM 04-02-2010
quick morning because I have BJJ tonight.

20 minutes of walking at 10% and 3.4mph. Jogged a minute before cool-down, too ... just because I thought someone was chasing me. :-)

50 (assisted) pull-ups

lots of stretching of my lower back/pelvis/hips

50 triangle drills
icehog3 05:01 PM 04-02-2010
Feel like my strength is finally starting an upward cycke again...rocked chest today.

Good luck in JJ Dokk.
The Professor 05:04 PM 04-02-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Feel like my strength is finally starting an upward cycke again...rocked chest today.

Good luck in JJ Dokk.
Good on ya, Admiral. :-)

I noticed today that my the strength in my leg is messed up. I have an appointment with the doc for Monday morning and will hopefully get a lower lumbar or sacral adjustment to fix that. It's the same feeling I had two years ago when I tweaked my back ... except my back is feeling relatively fine right now. Such is life. I'm not too worried about it.
GreekGodX 08:22 AM 04-03-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Are you wrapping them around the bar tightly?
Yea, definitely cutting off some circulation in my hands...

Originally Posted by BigFrank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4-L...eature=related
Thanks for the video Frank. I'm doing exactly that. Maybe I just need to trust the straps a little more. It's just frustrating because I know I can lift more, especially on deadlifts.
GreekGodX 08:23 AM 04-03-2010
Good on ya, Admiral. :-)

I noticed today that my the strength in my leg is messed up. I have an appointment with the doc for Monday morning and will hopefully get a lower lumbar or sacral adjustment to fix that. It's the same feeling I had two years ago when I tweaked my back ... except my back is feeling relatively fine right now. Such is life. I'm not too worried about it.
Good luck, Dokk. Hopefully it is nothing and you can get back under the bar :-)
BigFrank 08:49 AM 04-03-2010
Yea, definitely cutting off some circulation in my hands...
Thanks for the video Frank. I'm doing exactly that. Maybe I just need to trust the straps a little more. It's just frustrating because I know I can lift more, especially on deadlifts.
Deadlifting from the floor with straps is something I wouldn't recommend. I only use straps for rack pulls, rows, etc. That is unless your grip strength is severly underdeveloped or you have some issue (disability) that prevents you from gripping the bar.
One of the main reason I was taught was when you set up for the deadlift, you want to remain tight up top then set up fast then explode. Spending time strapping up on the bar and getting set, takes time you loose the tightness you need and you more often than not do not get your hips low enough, and keep your shoulders back. It ends up turning into a shitty stiff leg deadlift instead.
The Professor 08:52 AM 04-03-2010
Good luck, Dokk. Hopefully it is nothing and you can get back under the bar :-)
Thanks. I rolled (BJJ) last night and lost one match from laughing so hard when my opponent (who knew I couldn't hold guard because of my hip) insisted on trying to force himself into my guard. :-) I really lost it. :-) Everything else in BJJ went well, though ... it's just like I have no strength in my right leg/hip -- like I can't hold it up in the air even for very long.

Regardless, appointment is scheduled with the doc for Monday morning. :-)
The Professor 08:54 AM 04-03-2010
Deadlifting from the floor with straps is something I wouldn't recommend. I only use straps for rack pulls, rows, etc. That is unless your grip strength is severly underdeveloped or you have some issue (disability) that prevents you from gripping the bar.
One of the main reason I was taught was when you set up for the deadlift, you want to remain tight up top then set up fast then explode. Spending time strapping up on the bar and getting set, takes time you loose the tightness you need and you more often than not do not get your hips low enough, and keep your shoulders back. It ends up turning into a shitty stiff leg deadlift instead.
Yup -- I've totally had that experience when I used straps to DL. I'm like Frank and only use them on accessory lifts like some rows, shrugs, lockouts, etc.
The Professor 02:10 PM 04-03-2010
Good time in BJJ today. Started with UNassisted chins 3-4 sets of 5. Not great; but a small victory for me. :-) Rolled with a couple of advanced belts and got manhandled ... especially by this big slow guy who is just very deliberate and technical with his movement. After some instruction and drills, rolled with the other new guy and won 4 of 5 rounds. :-)
GreekGodX 02:19 PM 04-03-2010
Yup -- I've totally had that experience when I used straps to DL. I'm like Frank and only use them on accessory lifts like some rows, shrugs, lockouts, etc.
Well even on Bent over rows and rack pulls, the wraps just didn't feel like they were helping me. It felt as if I wasn't even using anything. I'll take a closer look as to how I'm using them.
Page 194 of 350
« First < 94144184192193194 195196204244294 > Last »
Up